Starfield [Xbox|Bethesda, Sept 6, 2023]

Kiltman

A new set of leaks last week

https://twistedvoxel.com/starfield-leaked-screenshots-factions/

starfield-leaked-screenshots-5.jpeg

starfield-leaked-screenshots-3.png

Which reportedly are more assets from the 2018 build leak that came out awhile ago

Earlier Leak

Show off a lot of in game assets, and what seems like the interior and exterior of a player created ship

This art leaked, the watch has the same markers that are seen in the HUD leaks, which all seem to be for vitals. Could also be this game’s version of a Pip-boy.

You can also see a city and much more polished / clean looking ships than some of the asset leaks have shown.

starfield-16ae.jpg

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

What's Starfield? I've heard of this game on forums when people have mentioned it, but outside of that I've never heard of it. Nobody who I've never known in real life or though playing games has ever mentioned this game.

Are you being sarcastic @showtime?

I genuinely can’t tell haha.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Are you being sarcastic @showtime?

I genuinely can’t tell haha.

No, I'm being dead serious. I don't know anything about this game at all, literally.

I've seen it mentioned on Reddit in the PS5 or Xbox Series X sections, but those convos about which platforms the game will be on. I saw a Tweet a few days ago about Starfield, but again - it was about which platform the game would be on, not about the actual game itself.

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

No, I'm being dead serious. I don't know anything about this game at all, literally.

I've seen it mentioned on Reddit in the PS5 or Xbox Series X sections, but those convos about which platforms the game will be on. I saw a Tweet a few days ago about Starfield, but again - it was about which platform the game would be on, not about the actual game itself.

Ah ok

It’s Bethesda’s next game, like Todd Howard’s team. They announced it a couple years ago and have been silent since.

It’s their first original IP since The Elder Scrolls, and 3rd one they’ve done after they got the Fallout rights for Fallout 3.

Only thing since has been leaks and speculation.

No one knows exactly what it’ll be besides from a big space rpg. Probably with similarities in many ways to Skyrim and Fallout 4 as far as quests, gameplay, systems, etc.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ah ok

It’s Bethesda’s next game, like Todd Howard’s team. They announced it a couple years ago and have been silent since.

It’s their first original IP since The Elder Scrolls, and 3rd one they’ve done after they got the Fallout rights for Fallout 3.

Only thing since has been leaks and speculation.

No one knows exactly what it’ll be besides from a big space rpg. Probably with similarities in many ways to Skyrim and Fallout 4 as far as quests, gameplay, systems, etc.

Oh okay, so it's a new game. I assumed that this IP was from like one of those really old games or something.

As a note, I hated that one game titled Oblivion. I played that on the 360 and man I thought it was terrible. I know I'm in the minority because most people thought that game was amazing. I also do not like Skyrim at all.

I can see why Playstation owners are ticked off this won't be on their console. Those games are pretty massive and highly regarded, so I'm sure Starfield will be a huge hit.

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

Oh okay, so it's a new game. I assumed that this IP was from like one of those really old games or something.

As a note, I hated that one game titled Oblivion. I played that on the 360 and man I thought it was terrible. I know I'm in the minority because most people thought that game was amazing. I also do not like Skyrim at all.

I can see why Playstation owners are ticked off this won't be on their console. Those games are pretty massive and highly regarded, so I'm sure Starfield will be a huge hit.

Yep brand new thing. 

You are definitely in the minority, with them being some of the biggest RPGs of all-time. But I get it if it’s just not your thing, they are pretty dense games. A lot of people have at least one in their top 10 all time list. But knew people back in the day who just didn’t get into them too. As an RPG fan I’m pretty excited to see it, excited to see the Sci-fi world they make. Rumors have talked about various species of aliens, I’m into all that world building.

Yeah it’s a big deal if it’s exclusive. It became one of the most anticipated new IPs from one of the big studios in awhile when they announced it. Probably the closest thing in the last couple years for hype and attention it might get would be Overwatch. A lot of parallels, but like even more attention because it’s a company doing the genre they’ve help define for a quarter century and not trying something completely different like Blizzard did.

We’ll know more next month. I’d assume they are going to do a Fallout 4 -esque barrage of info on it at the Xbox~Bethesda showcase and announce the release date for Fall2021-Q1 2022.

53 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yep brand new thing. 

You are definitely in the minority, with them being some of the biggest RPGs of all-time. But I get it if it’s just not your thing, they are pretty dense games. A lot of people have at least one in their top 10 all time list. But knew people back in the day who just didn’t get into them too. As an RPG fan I’m pretty excited to see it, excited to see the Sci-fi world they make. Rumors have talked about various species of aliens, I’m into all that world building.

Yeah it’s a big deal if it’s exclusive. It became one of the most anticipated new IPs from one of the big studios in awhile when they announced it. Probably the closest thing in the last couple years for hype and attention it might get would be Overwatch. A lot of parallels, but like even more attention because it’s a company doing the genre they’ve help define for a quarter century and not trying something completely different like Blizzard did.

We’ll know more next month. I’d assume they are going to do a Fallout 4 -esque barrage of info on it at the Xbox~Bethesda showcase and announce the release date for Fall2021-Q1 2022.

I've tried many games that are in the RPG genre and I dislike almost all of them. I'm currently playing Mass Effect for the first time via the legendary edition and I have about 9-10 hours played and I love it so far. It's the only RPG that I've found that's not insanely boring and feels like a drag to play.  I've tried Fallout, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc and I don't like any of those games.

With that said, I'll give Starfield a shot when it releases. I'm assuming it'll be on Gamepass, which is great so I can try it.

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've tried many games that are in the RPG genre and I dislike almost all of them. I'm currently playing Mass Effect for the first time via the legendary edition and I have about 9-10 hours played and I love it so far. It's the only RPG that I've found that's not insanely boring and feels like a drag to play.  I've tried Fallout, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc and I don't like any of those games.

With that said, I'll give Starfield a shot when it releases. I'm assuming it'll be on Gamepass, which is great so I can try it.

Can see that, BioWare RPGs are definitely their own thing. Big focus on characters, little more streamlined rpg mechanics and a grand main story. They are very cinematic. If you like high fantasy settings Dragon Age might be one you like, those 3 games are more their own thing so you could skip to 3 aka Inquisition. 1 and 2 are very different games. They are all on Gamepass Ultimate/EA Play.

Yep it’ll be day one Gamepass.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Have you played The Witcher?

• 4 weeks later...