Starfield [Xbox|Bethesda, Sept 6, 2023]

Kiltman

Might just quit work to play this lol

• Grounded Sci-fi informing all design
  • Kids and Cats confirmed, honestly hadn’t even thought of kids/families 
  • Pick up all the items like they usually do in their games.
  • New concept art throughout 
  • “Game will have two step out moments” - Todd Howard. Referencing those moments they have in their games like stepping out of the cave in Skyrim or the vault in their Fallout games.
  • Building for the game to last, saw Skyrim still being popular 10 years later made them design for replay-ability, length and variation of experiences.

• 4 weeks later...

All I really hope for out of this game is for the actions and decisions to FEEL like they have an impact.

I know people say you do have an impact in Fallout/Skyrim, and you're right, but it doesn't FEEL like it does the way it does in Mass Effect or Witcher 3.

But yeah, this one's going to get me to buy an Xbox for the first time since 360.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Reiterating the desire to bring back old school zero hour character choices (like backgrounds)
  • Each faction you can pick has a unique start to the game.
  • Can join the crimson fleet (space pirates, can play as a pirate or as an undercover cop/informant within their ranks.
  • An evolved Persuasion system within dialog, desire to be less “right” answers and more branching choices.
  • Companions talked about, they’ll have their on opinions on what you are doing, comment about how you are interacting while exploring.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Seems like a verified Bethesda employee, leaked(or rather confirmed, because it's inclusion was pretty obvious) that there will be manual flight in the game. He also added in some comments on the game's shooting system and engine. He liked the former but thought the latter was sh*t. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

You can make it brother. Modded FO4 until it gets done.

just gonna be a backlog year yeah, actually wouldn’t mind a full Fallout 4 playthrough again at some point.

Speaking of Fallout I hope like hell they get another studio to do Fallout 5, otherwise we won’t get it until like 2031-2032

• 5 weeks later...