Starfield [Xbox|Bethesda, Sept 6, 2023]

Kiltman

• 2 months later...

Man, I hope this lands as good as it looks. All the styles and ways you can go, customization…really is going to be cool to make your own character. Was the only negative I had with Skyrim, not as much with FO4, most playthroughs felt very samey quickly.

Can already think of a handful of ways to go. Combat reminds me of Cyberpunk a bit, which I enjoyed. From the beginning I know a lot of people wondered about the VATS equivalent, but glad they just realized an actual fun fast combat experience was the way to go.

• Like 1

Interview with Todd

Takeaways:

- Likens it most to Red Dead Redemption 2 as what they tried to achieve. Make this an immersive sci fi / space experience same way RDR2 was for the western. On top of the typical Bethesda game.

- Planned expansion content like before, named that story content would be some of them. 

- Taking the long amount of time Skyrim has been played into account into not only how they designed it… but also have a longer plan for support for the game than previous ones.

- id software helped with graphics and tech, not combat. Which was a rumor, but brought up how they helped with Fallout 4.

This looks incredible and also overwhelming... I forgot it came out in September, thought it was piushed back a full year from Nov 2022.

Very sad that I can't play this on PS5, might bring my PC down to the TV for a month 

Edited by JBURGE

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Man, I hope this lands as good as it looks. All the styles and ways you can go, customization…really is going to be cool to make your own character. Was the only negative I had with Skyrim, not as much with FO4, most playthroughs felt very samey quickly.

Can already think of a handful of ways to go. Combat reminds me of Cyberpunk a bit, which I enjoyed. From the beginning I know a lot of people wondered about the VATS equivalent, but glad they just realized an actual fun fast combat experience was the way to go.

Was just thinking this. If you're giving me NMS meets CP2077, I am all in. 

Matt Booty over on the xbox side said that if they released it today, it'd be the least buggy Bethesda Studios launch.
But seems like this delay as mostly just been about QA, and they have every QA team within the larger Xbox studios working on it.

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Is this going to work on the Xbox One? Or do you need a Series X/S for it?

Probably like Flight Sim, the only way to play on Xbox One will be through the cloud.

It's not coming natively to last gen though.