Jump to content

Minnesota Vikings Defensive Line:


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, swede700 said:

Steve Spagnuolo ran a 4-3 with the Giants in 2017, so I'm not sure where you got that he has never played in a 4-3.  

Well my mistake, but over his entire four year career at Alabama he was in a 3/4 and three out of four years at NY he was in a 3/4.  So he is not exactly well versed in the system and who knows how he will do especially with guys like Hunter possibly next to him.  My guess is if Richardson does well, Pierce does not Tomlinson is moved over to the more NT type position in the 4/3 defense similar to what Pat Williams and Jerry Ball did, Tomlinson is more of a pass rushing threat though than both of them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/justin-houston-nfl-rumors-danielle-hunter/?fbclid=IwAR3xamX3ao1ezJdqZx5xw3t92e27W3KeTmGMdd5iD4iCmwYJeTsk51AMGpM

 

 

Not sure this is true, but if the Vikings do another signing on the DL and get Justin Houston, that would be flat out insanely great and kind of nuts.  Still I do think there is a point where they have to depend and or rely on some of the younger guys, cannot just get them all and say oh you stink we need a vet in here.  Have to give some run to guys like Wonnum, Robinson, Jones, Lynch, Twyman etc.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a rotational pass rusher he may not be such a bad move.

Honestly though, he's on the decline. I'd be fine with it if we pass on Houston and give those reps to the youngin's.

(I'm 29 I can say youngins right?!?)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

As a rotational pass rusher he may not be such a bad move.

Honestly though, he's on the decline. I'd be fine with it if we pass on Houston and give those reps to the youngin's.

(I'm 29 I can say youngins right?!?)

You're 29?!?!?  Geez, where does the time go.  I'm getting old.  (Sorry VD).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're 29?!?!?  Geez, where does the time go.  I'm getting old.  (Sorry VD).

Yeah, remember when he was still in HS driving VD nuts?  😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

As a rotational pass rusher he may not be such a bad move.

Honestly though, he's on the decline. I'd be fine with it if we pass on Houston and give those reps to the youngin's.

(I'm 29 I can say youngins right?!?)

🤔 ummm No! 29 is still young, Steve. 

Edited by marshpit23
Add 29
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

🤔 ummm No! 29 is still young, Steve. 

@vike daddy will have to remind us of what the levels are again, because I'm pretty sure I've been here so long, I'll be closing in on being an Ancient here soon after starting as a Family guy (or something like that).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, swede700 said:

@vike daddy will have to remind us of what the levels are again, because I'm pretty sure I've been here so long, I'll be closing in on being an Ancient here soon after starting as a Family guy (or something like that).

By the end of this football season I’ll have been a member of this community longer than I wasn’t. And that just blows my mind. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, remember when he was still in HS driving VD nuts?  😂

Yep.  He has come a long way.  Stephen is one of my favorite posters on FF nowadays.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, remember when he was still in HS driving VD nuts?  😂

It seems like yesterday when VD was castigating Steve after just about every post he would make.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, perrynoid said:

It seems like yesterday when VD was castigating Steve after just about every post he would make.

I've been on here for 12 years (however, I rarely post) and the only things that my bad memory would recall over the years was a hilarious member (el raymundo or something like that?) and Uncle Buck & Steelking's arguments  🤣

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2021 at 9:02 PM, perrynoid said:

It seems like yesterday when VD was castigating Steve after just about every post he would make.

 

Those were fun times and just knew it wasn't ending after one post.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, french t0ast said:

I've been on here for 12 years (however, I rarely post) and the only things that my bad memory would recall over the years was a hilarious member (el raymundo or something like that?) and Uncle Buck & Steelking's arguments  🤣

El Raymundo was great! 

Wasn't he the one with the Angelina Jolie Cans Theorem?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...