Packers/Saints Postgame

incognito_man

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I'm not going to go into that dilemma, I will say based on purely on what we have seen, I would have more faith in Kaepernick (with time with the playbook) than I do in Hundley.

If Hundley plays like he did vs NO, we should have signed Kaep. He didn't have the best opportunities, but he didn't light the world on fire either. 

You might be right but I'm not going to give up on a player after his first start.  If we don't see improvement in the coming games then we have to wonder what Mac saw in this kid.

Just now, Pugger said:

You might be right but I'm not going to give up on a player after his first start.  If we don't see improvement in the coming games then we have to wonder what Mac saw in this kid.

Nor am I. I just think we should have signed Kaep for insurance. If Hundley bombs, we bomb. Had we signed Kaep right after AR got injured he would have a good 3-4 weeks with the playbook if Hundley implodes next week.

28 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Nor am I. I just think we should have signed Kaep for insurance. If Hundley bombs, we bomb. Had we signed Kaep right after AR got injured he would have a good 3-4 weeks with the playbook if Hundley implodes next week.

I dont think he would make much of a difference. With our offensive gameplan and defense, we still lose to the Saints with most starting NFL QBs in place of Hundley because they aren't Rodgers. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I dont think he would make much of a difference. With our offensive gameplan and defense, we still lose to the Saints with most starting NFL QBs in place of Hundley because they aren't Rodgers. 

He's just saying to get him ready for the future though. Nothing to do with the Saints

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

He's just saying to get him ready for the future though. Nothing to do with the Saints

I wouldnt strike if they signed Kaep by no means but I really dont see the point just based on my own feelings where this team stands. Personally i think there is 0% chance Rodgers can play again this year (13 screws...) so why bother spending money on Kaep? Plus, most people know my views about MM as an offensive game-planner and Dom and the defense so I dont think Kaep changes much, whether this week or 6 weeks from now. I'd rather just ride Hundley this year, do the best we can (I'm not a tanker kind of guy but that should work naturally anyways), get rid of Capers at the very least , and start over. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldnt strike if they signed Kaep by no means but I really dont see the point just based on my own feelings where this team stands. Personally i think there is 0% chance Rodgers can play again this year (13 screws...) so why bother spending money on Kaep? Plus, most people know my views about MM as an offensive game-planner and Dom and the defense so I dont think Kaep changes much, whether this week or 6 weeks from now. I'd rather just ride Hundley this year, do the best we can (I'm not a tanker kind of guy but that should work naturally anyways), get rid of Capers at the very least , and start over. 

Yeah I don't see the point either and it's not our MO. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I disagree. With two turnovers and a fantastic running game, I think we win with a lot of QBs. 

18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If we had a better QB or at least one with more experience we probably take advantage of those 2 INTs and the game is much different with a larger lead.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

If we had a better QB or at least one with more experience we probably take advantage of those 2 INTs and the game is much different with a larger lead.

The issue with the turnovers (and they were good) was that they were basically the same as punts for the D.  D got turnovers which led to poor/normal field position.  Which is great because it's still 0 points, same as a forced punt.  But it's not as if the defense was setting up the offense with excellent field position.

Hundley was basically unwilling to uncork the ball until it was too late.  He also missed a zone read play which could have been a huge run.  Maybe you think a vet like Kaep makes those plays.

Still, treat this game as a learning experience for Hundley.  He didn't look as bad as he did the week before, and if he improves that much again going into week 9, then I think he's on the right track.  I said straight off that what we need to see is zone read, improvement each week, and a commitment to passing on 1st and 2nd down to set up the run rather than the opposite.  We saw the first 2, but not an early down passing game.

Hundley has two months to show whether he's a capable NFL QB.  If he shows he can play, he'll be a VERY hot trade commodity for GB to dangle as he enters the final season of his rookie deal.  If Hundley pulls a Brian Brohm, it's probably time for GB to start over at QB2.  Either way, I think these next couple months will represent the apex of Hundley's time in GB.  I hope he makes the best of it.

On 10/26/2017 at 9:31 AM, Pugger said:

But can he read a defense any better than Hundley?  Kaep cries foul and thinks the league is colluding against him because of his politics but Vick got a job after serving time in prison.  If you can play, you should be able to find employment.  

Big difference. Vick didn't criticize a system, which made people who don't know much (a large number of NFL viewers) believe he was against something else.

Archived