Packers/Saints Postgame

incognito_man

Here's the thing, we have called screens. We have called them in the MN and today, they don't work, the defense has snuffed it out every time.

I think what needs to be looked at is Monty/Cobb/Jones. All can make plays/break tackles, they can all be RB'S or WR'S. Time to get creative using those 3 on offense.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You really don't think he's upset with himself at all over what just happened? Give me a break dude. You guys don't need to agenda this hard. You are being proven right. Why take everything to maximum extremes. My gosh.

Of course I think MM is upset with himself over just what happened, why wouldn't he be?

But what I think matters means nothing, just like what you and everyone else on this site thinks about the Packers means absolutely zero.

Anyway, what does matter is that counting last week's loss in Minnesota and the 2013 loss against the Bears (both games ARod left injured with the game still very much in the balance), the Packers are now 2-8-1 in games without Aaron Rodgers.

That is not a paaawsitive record.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Of course I think MM is upset with himself over just what happened, why wouldn't he be?

But what I think matters means nothing, just like what you and everyone else on this site thinks about the Packers means absolutely zero.

Anyway, what does matter is that counting last week's loss in Minnesota and the 2013 loss against the Bears (both games ARod left injured with the game still very much in the balance), the Packers are now 2-8-1 in games without Aaron Rodgers.

That is not a paaawsitive record.

You can use judgement when you hear comments like that... Was the comment after a terrible defensive game? Was it about firing him? He doesn't want to face those questions. So he puts out fill public support. You're more than intelligent enough to realize that. You just wanted to use it against him.

Just now, Stevein2012 said:

Whatever you think about McCarthy 17 points and 87 passing yards is not a good look for his offense with a QB he's developed for 3 years (back up or not) especially when you consider they got plenty of support from the running game.

This is the cold hard truth. 

36 minutes ago, packerjmf said:

Maybe if Mac gets injured this offense will stand a chance.

O line had their best game of the year I thought after Campen got injurednlast week. Someone should push MM down some stairs 

Who doesn't enjoy watching a fat man fall down stairs? 

19 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Whatever you think about McCarthy 17 points and 87 passing yards is not a good look for his offense with a QB he's developed for 3 years (back up or not) especially when you consider they got plenty of support from the running game.

Coaches can only do so much. You can blame the play calling etc. But Hundley deserves some blame here, he played a horrible 2nd half, and completed less than half of his passes. You can't win games with a performance like that. 

2 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Positives: Aaron Jones, first half defense

Negatives: STs, second half all phases

I had counted this game as a L in my playoff watch but I honestly didn't expect it to be this bad. Hundley hasn't shown anything yet (3.4 ypa is laughably bad) and MM showed his most terrible self. Messed up the end of the first half, didn't trust Hundley at all and the offense was as vanilla as a preseason game. Just terrible overall.

First half decent? To nice places by the defense of backs save probably 14 points for that defense they played so well. One interception in the end zone and one inside the 10 yard line that’s not good defense that’s lucky defense. 

3 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

First half decent? To nice places by the defense of backs save probably 14 points for that defense they played so well. One interception in the end zone and one inside the 10 yard line that’s not good defense that’s lucky defense. 

You been drinking manty? Lol

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You been drinking manty? Lol

I guess that was a voice post or something, took me a while to decipher it lol.

Anyway yes, those INTs were legit for once and not lucky bounces. I would have loved to get shorter drives but 7 points in a half for Brees is good defense regardless of how it happened. The second half though...

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I suspect he was under orders not to get too cute by McCoach.

Why?   After three full training camp and to all seasons why do we need to limit the play book at all?   I feel like the game plan and playbook should’ve been exactly the same. If you disagree and say they need to tone it down because Aaron Rodgers is hurt, then you have to believe that only Aaron Rodgers can make those passes and if that’s the case, the playbook is flawed in the first place, the WR’s are inadequate. 

6 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Anyway yes, those INTs were legit for once and not lucky bounces. I would have loved to get shorter drives but 7 points in a half for Brees is good defense regardless of how it happened. The second half though...

Yes I am voice texting. But interceptions we’re certainly not lucky but the defense and Dom capers were lucky they happened.

12 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I guaranteed we would have a non tipped interception this week by a corner. I'm a genius.

I also guaranteed Cobb got 100 yards.lol

Archived