Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't mind giving a lot of Barnett's snaps to him....

Effin A. Trade Barnett for whatever we can get for him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danger said:

For real???? That really sucks.

Yeah.  I mean, I suppose it's possible, and he has taken snaps there occasionally, but you'd be putting him at a significant disadvantage if you do it consistently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

He can't rush from RE.  He's deaf in his left ear.

Barnett is/was at LDE and plays with the awareness of Helen Keller a lot of times. So an improvement.

Hard to say exactly what Kerrigan will do, he might be up on the strong side. They are making a rush backer position, Kerrigan can do both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Barnett is/was at LDE and plays with the awareness of Helen Keller a lot of times. So an improvement.

Hard to say exactly what Kerrigan will do, he might be up on the strong side. They are making a rush backer position, Kerrigan can do both.

I thought Graham was your LDE and Barnett was your RDE.  If what you say above is true, this signing makes more sense, as Kerrigan can definitely hold down the LDE spot and be at least serviceable as a starter over a full season.  But ideally, you'd want him as your depth piece there.  I assume by "rush backer" you mean he'd play LEO or the SAM position, depending on your defense?  I don't see him succeeding in that role at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good signing. I like the 4 that we have there in Graham, Barnett, Sweat and Kerrigan. Kerrigan and Sweat being rotational guys will keep them fresh. Very good. Now go get Nelson or Breeland. Hell, get both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I thought Graham was your LDE and Barnett was your RDE.  If what you say above is true, this signing makes more sense, as Kerrigan can definitely hold down the LDE spot and be at least serviceable as a starter over a full season.  But ideally, you'd want him as your depth piece there.  I assume by "rush backer" you mean he'd play LEO or the SAM position, depending on your defense?  I don't see him succeeding in that role at all.

Graham moves a ton. He inside a lot. Plus they just sub everyone in and out on that line all the time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I thought Graham was your LDE and Barnett was your RDE.  If what you say above is true, this signing makes more sense, as Kerrigan can definitely hold down the LDE spot and be at least serviceable as a starter over a full season.  But ideally, you'd want him as your depth piece there.  I assume by "rush backer" you mean he'd play LEO or the SAM position, depending on your defense?  I don't see him succeeding in that role at all.

They are moving a bunch of DEs to some sort of new position. I think Primarily he’d be a DE, but depending on just what that extra rush position is maybe they’d have him there on some downs? Not sure. They are being very vague about the defensive scheme.

I think it’s a one year thing, but they are thinking about next year too. Barnett’s deal is up and they need him to either extend now or they maybe move him. So this offers  a lot of safety as they navigate that. Cause Sweat is pretty good, but is stuck being a rotational guy with his knee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it just cause WFT fans love him lol. Solid depth for our DL and we really needed one more pass rusher. Pretty solid rotation now with BG/Sweat/DB and Kerrigan.

This doesn't move the needle at all, we are still going to be awful, but Kerrigan literally always killed us so having him on our side feels nice.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, as @HTTRDynasty pointed out, you're limited to Kerrigan to one side, but it's not the worst thing. I expect him to produce for you all. And by all means, I hope he does for 15 of the 17 games. I'd be really happy for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, as @HTTRDynasty pointed out, you're limited to Kerrigan to one side, but it's not the worst thing. I expect him to produce for you all. And by all means, I hope he does for 15 of the 17 games. I'd be really happy for him. 

Hey depending how things go, some monster games from him at the end of the season could be clutch in the race for a QB for you guys. Don’t shut the door on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a very good run defender. Mainly gets sacks off free rushes/missed assignments and against bad tackles. Doesn’t have a lot in his toolbox pass rush moves wise. Doesn’t hurt to have a vet who will hold younger players accountable and be a good influence though and I’m sure he will bring that. Cool to see that he’s excited to be here, but he’s gonna be turning 33 in camp and could see further regression.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...