Ryan Kerrigan to the Eagles

MikeT14

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Kind of feel bad for him.  As soon as Washington starts looking like a legit playoff contender, he goes to a team who looks like they'll be drafting in the top 10 next year, lol.

Said the same thing to my buddy a little bit ago.

We were bottom-feeders for basically his entire decade with us, and he was one of the only true professionals in the whole damn organization. Now that we seem to be on the rise and don’t really have a place for him, I was really hoping he’d go close out his career with a team that might be a little closer to playing January games, instead of one that looks to be entering a bit of a rebuilding period. 

But at the end of the day, he certainly doesn’t have to chase rings if he’d be happier playing more snaps and maybe hunting one more starter-level contract. The guy is a pro’s pro and a man’s man — I think the fact that both Chase Young and Montez Sweat had commented on his IG post to thank him for everything (calling him “big bro”) within an hour speaks to the kind of teammate and individual he is. Particularly given that they were the young guys coming along to take his job. Will definitely be rooting for him in 15 out of 17 next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Said the same thing to my buddy a little bit ago.

We were bottom-feeders for basically his entire decade with us, and he was one of the only true professionals in the whole damn organization. Now that we seem to be on the rise and don’t really have a place for him, I was really hoping he’d go close out his career with a team that might be a little closer to playing January games, instead of one that looks to be entering a bit of a rebuilding period. 

But at the end of the day, he certainly doesn’t have to chase rings if he’d be happier playing more snaps and maybe hunting one more starter-level contract. The guy is a pro’s pro and a man’s man — I think the fact that both Chase Young and Montez Sweat had commented on his IG post to thank him for everything (calling him “big bro”) within an hour speaks to the kind of teammate and individual he is. Particularly given that they were the young guys coming along to take his job. Will definitely be rooting for him in 15 out of 17 next year.

Y'all act like youre dominating the division. You won 7 games last year and probably would have been 6 if the Eagles gave half a sh** about winning a pointless game. Only homerism and bias could convince you that Washington is in the the driver's seat to win the East. Your team doesn't have a starting quality QB and no team has repeated as NFCE champs in like 15 years. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Y'all act like youre dominating the division. You won 7 games last year and probably would have been 6 if the Eagles gave half a sh** about winning a pointless game. Only homerism and bias could convince you that Washington is in the the driver's seat to win the East. Your team doesn't have a starting quality QB and no team has repeated as NFCE champs in like 15 years. 

I'd think the Prescott-led Cowboys would be the 2021 East favorites. WFT's defense looks good, but their offense should be relatively bad.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Washington isn't making the playoffs this year. Repeat division winner doesn't happen in this division, and the rest of the teams are always bad.

Horse poopoo. We are a few years removed from being the best division in the NFL.

30 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I think you are vastly overreacting to @e16bball's post. "We're on the rise" and "might be closer to January games" don't scream anything  in resemblance to what you rambled on about in your post. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you are vastly overreacting to @e16bball's post. "We're on the rise" and "might be closer to January games" don't scream anything  in resemblance to what you rambled on about in your post. 

It was in response to some of the other posters as well. But I'm just pointing out their overconfidence in themselves and responding to notion that really any team can think they are about to rise to the top of NFCE when nobody has won it twice in a row in a decade. Not to mention their team doesn't have an established franchise QB and barely won seven games. That doesn't exactly scream "We're on the rise".

7 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

It was in response to some of the other posters as well. But I'm just pointing out their overconfidence in themselves and responding to notion that really any team can think they are about to rise to the top of NFCE when nobody has won it twice in a row in a decade. Not to mention their team doesn't have an established franchise QB and barely won seven games. That doesn't exactly scream "We're on the rise".

Well considering we're the same competitive team as last year that only improved through the draft and FA and got a QB that is at worst on equal footing as last year, yeah I'd say we're a team to consider as "on the rise". The NFC East will be a blood bath again, and the tougher schedule will be brutal, but we'll be competitive. And I think most everyone would agree to that outside of maybe you. The team won't win more than 9-10 games if that many at all, but that again might be enough to win the East again. 

15 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Damn, If I didn't know any better I would assume that the WFT went 13-3 last year with how the posts are going in this thread.

Outside of ace's always optimism, I fail to see the extreme rah rah going on that you're speaking of. 

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

Yeesh, for what’s supposed to be such a “tough” fan base, some of you guys are a little...sensitive. 

Sorry for making two statements — “WFT seems to be on the rise” and “Philly looks to be entering a bit of a rebuilding period” — that damn near every football fan outside of eastern PA/southern Jersey would agree are likely true. Didn’t mean to arouse your ire with that (purposefully gently worded) statement of the general consensus.

Not trying to crown the WFT here. I think the NFC East is pretty wide open — I actually think it’s a fairly even 3-horse race. It’s just a bummer because the team Kerrigan ended up going to isn’t one of those 3 horses, in my book at least. If he’s not going to be with us, I wanted to see him go somewhere that he’d have a real shot at some of the postseason glory he missed out on for most of his career. Sorry that ruffled your feathers so badly.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Eagles will be picking top 5 next yr, I believe. They won't win 6 games next yr. They're horrible...

Not as bothered by this, as some. Art Monk was an Eagle, Brian Mitchell & James Thrash were as well.

I'm just glad he didn't go to Dallas or Giants. They will be very competitive with us already. 

We'll sweep Philly next yr, I believe. Just like last yr.

You WTF fans sure are salty and big chested after being largely irrelevant and laughably dysfunctional for my entire 29 years on this earth. Y'all just sound butt hurt that he's on a division rival. It's a bad look man. Your fan base is used to those looks though so it's all good. Especially you.