Jump to content

Ryan Kerrigan to the Eagles


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

I mean, your post in the Bobby McCain thread is about as salty as it gets 😂. It’s not like just Washington fans are the only people expecting the Eagles to be a bottom-tier team this year. PFF has them as the 3rd worst team in the league after running 10,000 simulations on the upcoming season.

No need to take your anger and frustration out on us, we come in peace lol. 

Yeah, the Eagles may be bad this year. I really doubt the WFT are much better and noone in their right mind would have any confidence that the WFT will ever have any real success. Again, the notion that the WFT is a quality franchise is laughable. You win the division once with seven wins and it goes to your head lmao. Enjoy it while it lasts because history shows what a Dan Snyder team does. I think Kerrigan wanted to go to a team who has actually seen success in the past 20 years. He's obviously been missing that his whole career.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

I mean, your post in the Bobby McCain thread is about as salty as it gets 😂. It’s not like just Washington fans are the only people expecting the Eagles to be a bottom-tier team this year. PFF has them as the 3rd worst team in the league after running 10,000 simulations on the upcoming season.

No need to take your anger and frustration out on us, we come in peace lol. 

My post in that thread was a direct reaction to the salt factory being constructed in here. Hence the "am I doing it right" part of that post. Every WTF post had to include a bashing of the Eagles team for this upcoming season. Every single one. It was impossible not to notice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

This is why I love being a WFT fan.

What its like on our board...

Pre Draft "Oh we lost Scott. He was the backbone of our drafts. Our drafts are gonna suck forever."....

Draft happens. "OMG this is the greatest draft class ever! I never heard of half of them. But their Youtube highlight reel that last all of 24 seconds and 4 plays shows me we drafted a Pro Bowler!"

Offseason WFT Board Fans : "Were gonna win the division. Could win up to 10-12 games! Deep playoff run coming! Gonna destroy the Eagles!"

WFT Board Fans During Season : "We gotta lose this. And every week if we stand a chance to draft a qb. We need to go 0-16. Come on, please beat us Eagles. You can do it!"

To be fair, if you browse a lot of the team forums on here, it describes them as well. But yeah, that's WFT. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is he an OLB or strictly a DE?

He played 3-4 OLB for more or less his whole career with us until last season (might have been in a 4-3 in his first, can't quite remember). So he can do both, but at this stage in his career, put his hand in the dirt and pin his ears back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He played 3-4 OLB for more or less his whole career with us until last season (might have been in a 4-3 in his first, can't quite remember). So he can do both, but at this stage in his career, put his hand in the dirt and pin his ears back. 

Yeah that makes sense. They just signed Eric Wilson as an OLB who really isn't a big pass rusher. He and Kerrigan should be solid players for Philly, who are both on 1 year deals.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah that makes sense. They just signed Eric Wilson as an OLB who really isn't a big pass rusher. He and Kerrigan should be solid players for Philly, who are both on 1 year deals.

Agreed

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Again, the notion that the WFT is a quality franchise is laughable. You win the division once with seven wins and it goes to your head lmao. 

I doubt winning the division last year has much to do with the football world thinking Washington will be better than the Eagles this year.  It may have something to do with the fact we have made improvements to our 2020 3rd ranked defense by DVOA, while also improving from a league-worst QB situation to something closer to average.  The added weapons and OL depth don't hurt either.

Like I said in the NFCE thread a couple of weeks ago though, I expect Dallas to win the division this year, largely due to the fact that Washington has to play against 3 2020 first-place teams this year, while Dallas gets to play a much easier schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerrigan would have been a Bengal had they not drafted 3 edge players (Ossai, Sample, Hubert), as they have plenty of cap room still.  They wanted to let the board fall to them in the draft and not be forced to take edge if they weren't high on who was there, but the board fell the way they liked at the position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

why was his market so slow developing? 

I think he was waiting post draft to see who would offer him the most money.  If a team with a need at edge whiffed in the draft, they would be a little more desperate and then you know you aren't getting signed and then pushed aside for a draft pick.  What if the Eagles signed him pre-draft and then took Paye or Ojulari in rd 1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I doubt winning the division last year has much to do with the football world thinking Washington will be better than the Eagles this year.  It may have something to do with the fact we have made improvements to our 2020 3rd ranked defense by DVOA, while also improving from a league-worst QB situation to something closer to average.  The added weapons and OL depth don't hurt either.

Like I said in the NFCE thread a couple of weeks ago though, I expect Dallas to win the division this year, largely due to the fact that Washington has to play against 3 2020 first-place teams this year, while Dallas gets to play a much easier schedule.

Nobodies talking about the football world just WFT fans here. Nobody has an issue with the idea of WFT outperforming the eagles in the upcoming season. The problem is every WFT (instead of commenting on Kerrigans ability or fit in a new scheme) took it upon themselves to be like, "oh how unlucky Kerrigan is to go to a team who has won the superbowl and been to the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. He'd be so much better of with the WFT who made the playoffs with 7 wins and immediately lost."

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Nobodies talking about the football world just WFT fans here. Nobody has an issue with the idea of WFT outperforming the eagles in the upcoming season. The problem is every WFT (instead of commenting on Kerrigans ability or fit in a new scheme) took it upon themselves to be like, "oh how unlucky Kerrigan is to go to a team who has won the superbowl and been to the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. He'd be so much better of with the WFT who made the playoffs with 7 wins and immediately lost."

 

 

 

Come on bro. You’re an eagles fan. You guys come out of the womb bad mouthing other teams. I really have no idea why this bothered you so much and it’s not every single fan? There’s plenty of us that wished him well and didn’t say a word about the Eagles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think WFT fans genuinely wanted to see Kerrigan get a ring if he was going to leave Washington.  Silly us, we didn't account for the ridiculously sensitive nature of Eagles fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...