Ryan Kerrigan to the Eagles

MikeT14

10 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

I think Kerrigan wanted to go to a team who has actually seen success in the past 20 years. He's obviously been missing that his whole career.  

This is literally the crux of the point @HTTRDynasty and I were making. The irony of him playing his whole career on a bad Washington team (while the Eagles were consistently pretty good) and then leaving to join the Eagles at the exact time when the two teams’ arrows are finally pointing in opposite directions. Just calling it how it is.

But you fine gents came in here and get your Randall Cunningham underoos in a twist about the fact that some Washington fans dared to suggest their team is better than yours now. And then you suggest that it’s the Washington fans that are the salty ones, which is so rich that it has to be getting divorced soon. All anyone said is that they really liked the guy, wanted the best for him, and wished he was going to a contender to play some meaningful games. That’s not salty. It was you guys that got deep in your feelings about the fact that people had the nerve to speak about the Eagles like the aging, declining, half-hearted rebuilding group they are at this moment. No one is trying to impugn the Eagles as some sort of “bad franchise,” which Washington genuinely has been for a long time. Just saying they’re probably not going to be a very good team this year, and that Washington, for the first time in a long time, will probably be better.

And to your most recent post, no one really cares very deeply that he isn’t with us anymore. It’s a shame, in a sentimental sense, that he didn’t get to play out his career in Washington. But we have the best young EDGE duo in the league, so there’s not really much opportunity for him to get the full-time snaps he’s looking for. We’ve been expecting him to leave this offseason ever since the day we “earned” the Chase Young pick, and many of us (myself included) have been advocating trading him for a while now. We’ve got a number of young EDGE players to compete for backup spots, and if none of them can cut it, there’s probably a half dozen other vets on the market that can replicate what we got out of Kerrigan last year, so we’ll be fine.

So it’s not that we desperately wanted him back with us. It’s genuinely just a situation where we (or I, at the very least) just wanted to see him win a playoff game or two, like he never got to do with the trash Washington teams he played on for so many years. I wanted him to go somewhere like BAL or PIT or IND or BUF or even KC. But if he’s happier staying closer to his new home and getting a chance at more PT, then more power to him. I still want the best for the guy — in 15 out of 17 😂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think WFT fans genuinely wanted to see Kerrigan get a ring if he was going to leave Washington.  Silly us, we didn't account for the ridiculously sensitive nature of Eagles fans.

Just speaking the truth, y'all are the ones who are sound sore about Kerrigan leaving and acting as if he's not just signing with a negligibly worse team. Just responding to that notion since it seemed to be the prevailing thought on this signing and it's clearly misguided. Sorry, I don't think the WFT are that much of a threat in the NFC.  

11 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Just speaking the truth, y'all are the ones who are sound sore about Kerrigan leaving and acting as if he's not just signing with a negligibly worse team. Just responding to that notion since it seemed to be the prevailing thought on this signing and it's clearly misguided. Sorry, I don't think the WFT are that much of a threat in the NFC.  

1. There's a large difference between a) being only "negligibly" better than the Eagles, who some are predicting will finish with a bottom 3 record in the league this year, and b) not being a "threat" in the NFC (I'm assuming you mean a threat to make noise in the playoffs).  WFT is likely to be more than negligibly better than the Eagles this year, while also being unlikely to make much noise if they make it to the playoffs.

2. The ones who seem the most sore and misguided in this thread are certain Eagles fans who seem to be completely out of touch with consensus rankings on their team's current talent level and/or projected record.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

1. There's a large difference between a) being only "negligibly" better than the Eagles, who some are predicting will finish with a bottom 3 record in the league this year, and b) not being a "threat" in the NFC (I'm assuming you mean a threat to make noise in the playoffs).  WFT is likely to be more than negligibly better than the Eagles this year, while also being unlikely to make much noise if they make it to the playoffs.

2. The ones who seem the most sore and misguided in this thread are certain Eagles fans who seem to be completely out of touch with consensus rankings on their team's current talent level and/or projected record.

You can be in touch with media rankings and still recognize the need to address a blatant highjacking of a thread where there is clear and obvious bitterness by several posters from the departed team. It's a shame it had to turn into this. Instead of actually analyzing the player, his fit on the team, and the transaction itself, every single post was essentially: "Love Kerrigan and what he did for us. He'll always be a WFT. Man the Eagles suck I wish he was going somewhere he won't lose 13 games. He could be there the next ten years and won't sniff the playoffs". I'm sorry but I'm just not gonna put up with that. I'm done with it now. He's an Eagle. Move on.

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm sure the consensus is that the Eagles are bottom of the league team. I don't know how many proplr are saying bottom 3 team but whatever. They should be projected towards the bottom of the league. Nobody's arguing that. Just because you think the WFT are good and I think the Eagles are only marginally worse, doesn't mean I think the Eagles are good. That's where there's a gap in your logic. I've never conceded that WFT is a good team. Here's the thing though, Washington could definitely come in 3rd in the NFCE, which is the worst division in football. Sorry, I don't think the WFT are that much better than the Eagles. 

All this bickering back in forth and the simple answer is , Kerrigan wanted to stay close to home while playing the Redskins twice a year in hopes of sticking to the Franchise that wasn't interested in him returning/retiring with the them despite everything he's done.

AKA: Desean Jackson circa 2014

Edited by Nabbs4u

43 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

All this bickering back in forth and the simple answer is , Kerrigan wanted to stay close to home while playing the Redskins twice a year in hopes of sticking to the Franchise that wasn't interested in him returning/retiring with the them despite everything he's done.

AKA: Desean Jackson circa 2014

False.

It came down to playing time.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 10:47 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

False.

Did you honestly expect Ryan Kerrigan of all people to say anything different,  seriously? 👌

He gets to stay close to his home while most likely not having to relocate his family. Added motivational bonus, gets to play the WTF twice a year, stand by my post. 🍺

On 5/19/2021 at 9:47 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

Which makes a ton of sense. Literally nobody in the thread has pointed this out, but the guy is at 95.5 career sacks. I imagine his goal at this stage is to retire with 100, and he's probably pretty darn close to being done. If he's on a team where he can actually play, he has much more of a chance of teaching triple-digit sacks for his career. Getting 4.5 sacks in a season isn't super difficult for a pro EDGE rusher, but it's much harder when you're on the bench.

Kerrigan is gonna get a shot at sacks while playing for the Eagles, which means he has more of a chance or reaching 100 this year and retiring.

On 5/17/2021 at 2:26 PM, Folesadelphia said:

Y'all act like youre dominating the division. You won 7 games last year and probably would have been 6 if the Eagles gave half a sh** about winning a pointless game. Only homerism and bias could convince you that Washington is in the the driver's seat to win the East. Your team doesn't have a starting quality QB and no team has repeated as NFCE champs in like 15 years. 

i have absolutely no dog in this race, but i thought it was pretty generally agreed upon Washington is the best in that division? Its the NFL and teams make quick turnarounds, but WFT looks pretty easily the best on paper.