Seahawks 2021 Schedule

showtime

SeahawksSchedule2021.jpg

Outside of the divisional games, is there anything here that is exciting for you all? There are many teams I'm not certain about.... Lions, Bears, Texans, Saints, Packers - who will even be the QB for those teams, or how effective will the potential new faces at QB be?

• 2 weeks later...

There are quite a few question marks and what I might consider unfortunate timing within this schedule.

The Colts don't scare me, but it's unfortunate that we'll be the first team to see their new look offense with Wentz+Reich. Always good to have the Saints at home rather than down there. I would fully expect Rodgers to be the Packers QB. The timing of that Texans game could be unfortunate with any sort of delays Deshaun Watson gets to start the season, but they are an otherwise bad team that we should have no problems against. Getting the Bears late in the season when Justin Fields will have had time to adjust is unfortunate as well. 

It's not a particularly difficult schedule, but I do think it's a testament to the parity around the league. No real "cupcakes" outside of maybe that Texans game. I have us at 9 wins (IND, MIN, NO, JAX, HOU, CHI, DET, .500 in NFCW). 

The Vikings to BYE Week will make or break the season. I just hate the way the schedule falls. 

Mike Zimmer knows how to shut down Russ. Seahawks-Vikings is always a physical game. Follow that up with equally physical and tough game against San Fran. Then, having to turn around on a short week and play the Rams. Just brutal. I think Seattle will be pulling dudes off the street to play 30%+ snaps in that LAR game. Follow that up with a cross country trip to play another super tough physical defense on the road. Saints are always super tough, and Seattle gets a presumably feisty JAX right before the BYE. Quintessential super let down game with dudes looking ahead to the week off. Could see Seattle stumbling through that 6 game stretch with only 2 wins. 

Seattle could end having to play 4 of the top 8 defenses  back-back-back-back. Awful.