Jaguars trade CB Josiah Scott to Philly

.Buzz

Meh.

I had high hopes for him as a slot coming out but he was pretty much stuck on the bench last year. With how many injuries we had that's not a great sign.

Would've been tough to crack the depth chart this year imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I've been saying that Scott likely was going to be a casualty of the new regime just based off of what Urban likes at CB. Philly is probably a better fit for him at this point.

Based on what I've read Houston isn't what urban likes.  He's got decent size at 5 foot 11 200 but isn't really athletic and is purely an outside guy

13 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Based on what I've read Houston isn't what urban likes.  He's got decent size at 5 foot 11 200 but isn't really athletic and is purely an outside guy

I don't think Houston is expected to make the roster. the primary compensation is the draft pick. I view it as a draft pick + camp body for a guy who probably was going to get cut anyway

33 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I don't think Houston is expected to make the roster. the primary compensation is the draft pick. I view it as a draft pick + camp body for a guy who probably was going to get cut anyway

just look trading a 4th round guy 1 year for a 6th.  yikes.   should have tried for ertz at that point

Edited by LinderFournette

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

False.  Baalke was named the Director of player Personnel of Feb 4 2020 so he was in the building for that draft class and had some say. 

Yeah, I'm sure the guy who got hired 2 months prior to the draft last year was pivotal in the selection of our 4th round pick and definitely one of "his guys".

We may as well chalk up that whole class to this regime actually.

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I'm sure the guy who got hired 2 months prior to the draft last year was pivotal in the selection of our 4th round pick and definitely one of "his guys".

We may as well chalk up that whole class to this regime actually.

Yeah, it clearly wasn’t a Baalke pick.

Scott only had a meniscus tear in college, not an ACL injury. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 10:09 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I've been saying that Scott likely was going to be a casualty of the new regime just based off of what Urban likes at CB. Philly is probably a better fit for him at this point.

Yeah.  I'm kinda surprised they actually got something for Scott...but it's not like he's devoid of ability.  I liked him, for what he is...He's just really not a fit for what they want in a CB here with Urban.  Actually though, it felt like a bit of a weird pick to me at the time as well though, even under the previous regime and what they tended to look for in a CB as well.

Stinks moving a 4th round pick for a 6th a year later, but that sort of casualty is just the cost of doing business, when you're talking about a sweeping regime change like they've had here.

And hey...we got something out of a guy who wasn't making this roster anyway.  That's not nothing.  Wooo.