OTA/Training camp/Preseason

NVRamsFan

On 6/13/2021 at 1:19 PM, Flounch said:

I don't know, if TE is started to be used by Stafford, i think Higbee will be our TE1. Don't expect Hopkins or Harris too much.

I don’t think either takes over as TE1 this year. But if one of the two can fill the Gerald Everett hole of being a guy who could create some big plays every once in a while then that’s a win. And a guy like Harris absolutely has the potential to become the starter and a pretty dangerous one at that 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I don’t think either takes over as TE1 this year. But if one of the two can fill the Gerald Everett hole of being a guy who could create some big plays every once in a while then that’s a win. And a guy like Harris absolutely has the potential to become the starter and a pretty dangerous one at that 

For reference, replacing Everett would require 41 receptions. 417 yards, 2 total TD( 1 rush/1rec). However, I'm leaning towards believing we will go more 3 and 4 WR sets this season. A 2nd TE might be on the field alot less than last season given our new personnel additions, but I would love to get Harris on the field.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Fuller I believe is the perfect option for a player caller on defense. High praise for his leadership and intelligence coming into the draft. 

Akers out, Tutu on COVID reserve list, and Harris with a small injury... theres one team that gets CRUSHED with injuries every year coming out of camp and I pray its not us. 👏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Fuller I believe is the perfect option for a player caller on defense. High praise for his leadership and intelligence coming into the draft. 

Akers out, Tutu on COVID reserve list, and Harris with a small injury... theres one team that gets CRUSHED with injuries every year coming out of camp and I pray its not us. 👏

Also she tweeted that OL coach Carberrys is recovering from COVID and is fully vaccinated so he’s still doing virtual meetings. Just needs two negative tests to be back in the building.

It's OTA's and the goal of these reporters/journalists is to sell hype going into the season, so I take all the reports with a grain of a salt...but the Kupp/Stafford connection appears to be strong early. Ramsey had a nice Pick 6 and D-Jax is lighting it up.

It's all fluff and none of it matters, but it's cool to see the highlights of Stafford to Kupp.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

It's OTA's and the goal of these reporters/journalists is to sell hype going into the season, so I take all the reports with a grain of a salt...but the Kupp/Stafford connection appears to be strong early. Ramsey had a nice Pick 6 and D-Jax is lighting it up.

It's all fluff and none of it matters, but it's cool to see the highlights of Stafford to Kupp.

Definitely cool to see. I’m not sure how long it’s going to take for me to get used to seeing stafford in horns. It blows my mind every time 😂

• Like 1

A lot of Stafford love.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/02/nfl-training-camp-tour-fmia-peter-king/

RVINE, Calif. — There was a telling moment in Rams practice Saturday, though barely perceptible. The best defensive player in football, defensive tackle Aaron Donald, walked up to Matthew Stafford, mid-practice, and hugged him. This is not done, a defensive player hugging the quarterback, during a competitive period of practice. But here it was, under an unforgiving southern California sun, 99 hugging 9, and then practice continued.

“I mean, I’m just so happy he’s on our team,” Donald told me later. “I hugged him, just because. I said to him, ‘Man, I just wanna give you a hug.’ “

• Like 2

It looks ok

Matthew Stafford's thumb X-rays have come back negative. 

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Stafford has a "swollen thumb" after banging it on someone's helmet in practice. Rapsheet reports Stafford will miss "a few days." We'll see. There had been alarm because this is the same thumb Stafford had surgically repaired over the offseason. It could quite easily turn into a situation where the Rams exercise an abundance of caution and hold their new franchise player out for longer than expected. Nevertheless, there is currently zero reason to fret over Stafford's Week 1 status. 

• Like 1

I'm a little concerned with these quotes from Morris. Doesn't care about stats, cares about splash plays, likes the "energy" he's seeing.  Staley was a true tactician and the results were flawless. I fear if we take this "M.A.D." approach we're going to see a bigger regression then initially expected on defense. Too many guys looking for the pick, FF, big hit usually let larger plays unfold and also, you have a tendency to miss assignments hunting for a big play. Just a thought.