OTA/Training camp/Preseason

NVRamsFan

Came here to read what your media said about the scrimmage. I watched it via the Cowboys broadcast but I feel like it was heavily slanted towards only showing the stuff we did well. From what it looked like, you guys had some really solid runs against us. Conversely, we had 3-4 passing TDs against you in the 1v1's. 

It did appear, at least to me, that both fights were started by Rams players. The Donald/Williams one was no big deal, just got a little into it. The other one was kinda crappy. Your DB, #41, cheap shot punched one of our players and then turn an ran off (no joking). It must have been on your sideline because McVay and a bunch of Rams were involved immediately. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Came here to read what your media said about the scrimmage. I watched it via the Cowboys broadcast but I feel like it was heavily slanted towards only showing the stuff we did well. From what it looked like, you guys had some really solid runs against us. Conversely, we had 3-4 passing TDs against you in the 1v1's. 

It did appear, at least to me, that both fights were started by Rams players. The Donald/Williams one was no big deal, just got a little into it. The other one was kinda crappy. Your DB, #41, cheap shot punched one of our players and then turn an ran off (no joking). It must have been on your sideline because McVay and a bunch of Rams were involved immediately. 

I'll have to dig to find where I read it but there were a lot of comments from Rams players that the Cowboys were a little "too enthusiastic" for a joint practice. Some Rams players were getting tired of it by the end of the day and that other fight happened. I agree though the AD Williams scrum wasn't much. Williams was doing good and was a little heavy with the holding on that one play and AD is never one to shy away from telling somebody what he thinks on the field and they did a little dancing.

We can I think get used to joint practices as long as you guys stay in Oxnard for the start of camp. I personally enjoy and think they get more from these than preseason games and wouldn't be surprised to see more of them in the near future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

It was Kenny Young, a ILB. And if you watch closely, he didn't punch Pollard. He punched the ball out of his hands. He then took off to purportedly avoid another fight (because the coaches were adamant about them not fighting this time around). Troll move lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The best highlight I saw was NFL Twitter going nuts that Connor Williams "won" a rep vs. Aaron Donald....as he was pushed 5 yards into the backfield. But I guess that's winning when it's against Aaron Donald. 

Serious note, Cowboys looked good and saw a few nice plays from Lamb. I really don't put too much stock into these sorts of things, but with a lack of content this time of year social media/NFL Network go NUTS over legit scrimmage reps. 

FWIW I think Amari Cooper goes OFF this year from a FF perspectve. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

They're doing a lot of rotating with 1st team Center reps today and it's Allen and Corbett splitting time there with the 1st team offense.

I don't like this. I'd lean towards this is more of a reflection on Bobby Evans. Hopefully Allen is significantly better than 2019 because if he is not this is a complete failure by the entire organization to not address the positions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't like this. I'd lean towards this is more of a reflection on Bobby Evans. Hopefully Allen is significantly better than 2019 because if he is not this is a complete failure by the entire organization to not address the positions. 

All reports are Allen is playing very well and has bulked up a bit.

10 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

All reports are Allen is playing very well and has bulked up a bit.

Yeah, I hope those are true. I have a tough time unseeing the 2019 season until he does it in the regular season. If he actually is improved, then I'll eat crow. Would also solve the RG problem because I was a little worried about Evans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Dudes been cheeks 

Players can’t improve? Do you trust McVay to make the decision? I don’t like some of the moves he’s done but if Allen is the best in camp at center then no reason he shouldn’t be starting. I’m reading what guys attending every practice are seeing and some very anti Allen people to the point a couple were pissed he wasn’t cut saying he’s looked good. If he can look good against our DL then he’s good enough to start imo.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Yeah, I hope those are true. I have a tough time unseeing the 2019 season until he does it in the regular season. If he actually is improved, then I'll eat crow. Would also solve the RG problem because I was a little worried about Evans.

Evans scares me the most right now. I’m hearing reports on every OL but him and he’s shown as little as Allen in his time. I really wanted to draft a center or guard this year.

• Like 1