OTA/Training camp/Preseason

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ughhhh not what we wanted to hear, but maybe he did improve since his rookie year. 

Austin Reiter still not on a roster 🤔

McVay said going into the draft we didn't need to take starters in it I seriously doubt as camp closes and the first preseason game is around the corner he feels he needs to pick somebody up off the streets to start too. Watch the video above btw hint Brian Allen is our starting center.

Edited by NVRamsFan
1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

McVay said going into the draft we didn't need to take starters in it I seriously doubt as camp closes and the first preseason game is around the corner he feels he needs to pick somebody up off the streets to start too. Watch the video above btw hint Brian Allen is our starting center.

Yup, apparently Allen has been the standout of camp so far. 

• Like 1

There's a lot of reason to think Allen could be improved. He is more experienced, by all accounts stronger, and has better guards opposite him. I really hope he works out. If he doesn't and Creed or Quinn are starting caliber linemen week 1, I will look at that Tutu pick as being an absolute disaster when our window is as tight as it is.

10 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ughhhh not what we wanted to hear, but maybe he did improve since his rookie year. 

Austin Reiter still not on a roster 🤔

I thinking the same thing. We’ve put in claims for a few centers this past week and didn’t get them meanwhile Reiter is still available and better than anyone else out there. I figure he’s an upgrade over Allen (unless he drastically improved from the last time we saw him play) and at worst case scenario provides valuable depth. In a year where we’re clearly going all in, wouldn’t you want as much depth for the line to protect the guy you just invested in? Even if Allen is much improved, he is coming back from a pretty severe injury 

• Like 1
On 8/10/2021 at 8:16 PM, NVRamsFan said:

First unofficial depth chart. We all know this will change a lot. But the ILB and the returner spots are very interesting to me. I though we were told Tutu was the return guy.

https://www.therams.com/team/depth-chart?rfr

I think TUTU will be the PR and KR at the beginning of the season. If not well....it will be a big disapointment. 

On 8/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Players can’t improve? Do you trust McVay to make the decision? I don’t like some of the moves he’s done but if Allen is the best in camp at center then no reason he shouldn’t be starting. I’m reading what guys attending every practice are seeing and some very anti Allen people to the point a couple were pissed he wasn’t cut saying he’s looked good. If he can look good against our DL then he’s good enough to start imo.

They can improve but beeing the best in camp around average starter, i don't know if that's tell anything good...

18 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm actually really excited to see what Bryce Perkins can do. Dual threat coming out of Virginia, McVay was raving about him last camp. If he performs exceptionally well in the preseason, we could have a trade chip, but he would take up a roster spot. 

• Like 4

Excited to see a few players tonight. Duck starting the first quarter being one of them. The RB depth will be interesting to see as well as players like Tutu and Tristan Jackson. 

Lawler balled out in the first half. Jacob Harris played very well aside from the fumble. He looks so athletic and fast. We have some great options for the return game. That could be a game changer this year. Tutu played well with the few looks he got. Trishton Jackson with a beautiful route in the end zone and hit for a TD by Perkins. Definitely some good things with these young guys. 

4 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Lawler balled out in the first half. Jacob Harris played very well aside from the fumble. He looks so athletic and fast. We have some great options for the return game. That could be a game changer this year. Tutu played well with the few looks he got. Trishton Jackson with a beautiful route in the end zone and hit for a TD by Perkins. Definitely some good things with these young guys. 

Harris looks great, but he needs to protect the ball. Lawler is still a solid guy who should stick as a depth piece. Perkins was easily superior to Duck. And Earnest Jones impressed. I also liked what Juju Hughes showed. Conversely, I was not a fan of Brontae Harris.

• Like 2