OTA/Training camp/Preseason

NVRamsFan

I wasn't able to watch anything, but the last 5 minutes of the game. I see Perkins and Harris were big winners. Lawler as well.

I give McVay credit for literally starting 3rd stringers and practice squad guys and showing complete disrespect for the preseason. There were talks of Rozenboom making a run at backup ILB role on this team and he got manhandled in the 5min I saw (and did make one open field tackle). 

12 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

Where the hell did this Lawler dude  come from??

Keeps getting hurt. He had a pretty emotional press conference where he states how thankful he is for Mcvay and Snead bringing him back twice after injuries. Hope he can stay healthy and carve a small roll like Morgan Fox did. 

• Like 1

I love our QB room. Hodges made some plays but was outplayed by Perkins. He should be winning the QB3 battle right now. 

Runningbacks looked fast and shifty, however I don’t think I saw them break a single tackle all night. 

The Oline didn’t dress obviously but the guys that were out there need some more time. I didn’t see much I liked. 

I was most excited to see Tutu and Triston Jackson and they both played well. That route Jackson scored on was beautiful. Tutu took a big hit and was not phased. 

Our TE room is one I think will play a big role in the regular season.. can’t wait! 

As for defense, Lawler was a stud. I was hoping Bobby Brown would make a big play but he also didn’t look terrible. I’m excited to see him build on his game. Definitely some guys I’m not familiar with that played decently on the line like Jonah Williams. 

i thought Ernest Jones flew around a little. I need to pay closer attention to backers next game. 

As for DBs I thought Reed played well, heard his name come up a bit. Juju was a monster imo.. that dude flew around. I was excited for Paris Ford but all I really saw was him getting his ankles broken into millions of pieces on a long run. Hope he rebounds. I wasn’t thrilled with Brontae Davis. 

I hope this isn’t a trend… but our kickers were trash. Special teams as a whole looked better than last year with our returns, however, if Gay can’t get back on track from where he left off last year it’ll be yet another search for a kicker before the season starts. 

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I love our QB room. Hodges made some plays but was outplayed by Perkins. He should be winning the QB3 battle right now. 

I'm starting the Perkins for QB2 bandwagon now :D Wolford never excited me but Perkins showed he can excite on plays.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm starting the Perkins for QB2 bandwagon now :D Wolford never excited me but Perkins showed he can excite on plays.

He’s very athletic. The first thing I think though is that both were around last year and Wolford beat him out. I don’t think there will be any changes with our first two options but I honestly like both Perkins and Wolford. Considering One played vs 2/3rd stringers and the other played against the cards/Seattle I’ll take Wolford still. For now lol

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

He’s very athletic. The first thing I think though is that both were around last year and Wolford beat him out. I don’t think there will be any changes with our first two options but I honestly like both Perkins and Wolford. Considering One played vs 2/3rd stringers and the other played against the cards/Seattle I’ll take Wolford still. For now lol

Wolford came into the league in 2018 and last year the camp shortened year was Perkins rookie year and he was raw coming into the league. Not surprising at all to me that he was #3 last year. In his 2nd year of coaching though I think we'll see him move ahead.

• Like 3

I've read that like with everything down there traffic is a nightmare. Every other experience as long as you weren't around that woman who threw gas on the fight fire was enjoyable. Some reports of food booths running out of a few things but this was the first time they hosted fans for a football game. Gotta work out those kinks but not sure traffic can be fixed.

• Like 1

I think they were working more WildCat formations into the game plan with Akers this year as he was a QB in HS.

I wonder if McVay steals the Taysom Hill concept from Sean Payton and we see some Bryce Perkins incorporated into the offense. He reportedly ran a 4.55 40 yard dash heading into the draft.