Big Second Year

onejayhawk

31 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Chase Young is great, but his rookie season was overrated.  He didn’t do near enough to get a Pro Bowl nod. 

Chase Young put up an 87.1 PFF grade on the year that trailed only 2011 Aldon Smith, 2011 Von Miller and 2019 Nick Bosa in terms of overall grades for rookie edge defenders in the past decade. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-pass-rush-rankings

r798130_1280x720_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=j

r798134_1280x720_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=j

Green Bay

AJ Dillon - looked very impressive late on after not getting much playing time due to injuries, covid, and Jones/Williams being such a good combo for much of the year. Jones is likely to play at WR a good bit and especially if Rodgers goes I expect to see more dependency on the running game. Even with Rodgers the packers liked to run it last year quite a bit. Also possibly Josiah Deguera who got IR'd after 3 games but looked very impressive in that short time, who would be blocking for Dillon and Jones quite a bit. 

Kamal Martin - also missed a good amount of time last year but got to the ball a lot when I saw him on the field and looked like he could very well live up to his 'big time steal in the 5th round' billing. UDFA Krys Barnes is another at ilb who got himself the mic by the end of the year though I reckon he's the lower ceiling, safer bet to be a decent starter the two. Martin is tougher to judge right now on a smaller sample size but is the more likely to be an all pro level player. 

Jon Runyan Jr - unlikely to blow up but was solid in the snaps he had and is likely to see more time with departures on the line. His dad had a long, solid career in the 90s/00s also which showed as he looked more experienced than he was.

The obvious one is Jordan Love if Rodgers leaves, but it's hard to tell how he will do as he had 0 snaps as a rookie. 

GB got absolute hammered for their draft last year, but even if Love doesn't work out I have a feeling there might be some serious reevaluations on the class by the end of their 3rd seasons. 

Diggs is going to be the runaway #1 for the Bills, but Gabe Davis will surpass Cole Beasley and Emmanuel Sanders to emerge as the 2nd most productive WR on the team and crack 1,000 receiving yards

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Chase Young put up an 87.1 PFF grade on the year that trailed only 2011 Aldon Smith, 2011 Von Miller and 2019 Nick Bosa in terms of overall grades for rookie edge defenders in the past decade. 

ba55083e0150d21a0c6880ba5ed74f4c.gif

tenor.gif

@ET80 I'm going Iron Mike Tyson knockout punches.

• Like 5

Eagles (Jalen Edition):

I'm not worried about Jalen Hurts, even if he is mediocre as a passer he will put up some numbers as long as the line is healthy.

• I am expecting something like Kyler Murray 2019 (high 80s rating with some running thrills)
  • Kyler Murray 2020 would be better than expected (mid 90s rating with some serious running)
  • Something in the middle would not surprise me
    • I'm talking about a league where 93.6 was the average passer rating in 2020

Jalen Reagor if he is healthy this year he will get lots of opportunity across from DeVonta Smith. 

I know we have a bad track record with WRs but he had no OTA, camp, preseason games, and he was hurt so don't give him that bust label after 1 year.

Even if the O-line has a few injuries this year, they have better depth with Dickerson as a rookie and Mailata after a year as a starter.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That means nothing.  

7.5 sacks isn’t much at all for someone playing on the outside.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

For my Ravens I think the obvious answer would be JK Dobbins who according to PFF is the 26th best rb going into next year despite leading all  rbs in ypc.. bruh their logic is so trash too... they got three rookies and 4 backups ahead of him too.. laughable to me... But I’m gonna choose Justin madubuike.. He really started to come on toward the end of the year and with a full offseason I think a lot of last years rookies are gonna really shine.. especially ones with continuity in their coaching staffs... 

Swift and Akers aren't even on the list? Que lastima.

And that's a serious man-crush on Tony Pollard.

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

That means nothing.  

7.5 sacks isn’t much at all for someone playing on the outside.  

Sacks?  Is that a joke.  You're still judging EDGE rushers based solely on sacks?

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

I guess Khalil Mack didn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl last year either, considering all those other EDGE rushers that had more sacks than him that didn't make it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Chase Claypool for sure.  He’s got all the natural talent and is on his way to becoming a star in the league as long as he avoids off field scuffles.  

Patrick Queen is only just beginning too.  Super talented and put up solid numbers as a rookie.  

Chase Young is great, but his rookie season was overrated.  He didn’t do near enough to get a Pro Bowl nod. 

Queen was very underwhelming as a rookie.

Yeah, I can’t see anyone doing that.

James Robinson is the most likely, but I wouldn’t call him unknown after his surprising rookie year. The two first rounders are the most likely to get to the Pro Bowl, but we’re excluding them too.

Laviska probably has the most upside of the group that could reasonably be considered for this. He’s a shifty receiver who breaks a lot of tackles. His profile should work well in the offense, but he’s still not likely to end up higher than #3 on the depth chart so his target share likely won’t be high enough to get big recognition.

DaVon Hamilton is a big boy run stuffer that could maybe be a really good player, but he doesn’t have the pass rush skill to get national recognition, and the DL should rotate a decent amount.

If they decide to try to move Collin Johnson to TE, maybe he gets enough TDs with his size to get into the Pro Bowl, but it’s an uphill battle for sure, and a position move that doesn’t seem likely.

Ben Bartch is maybe capable of developing into a starter, maybe.

Otherwise, the draft class seems really underwhelming and almost entirely guys who have no real future outside of depth. 

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Eagles (Jalen Edition):

I'm not worried about Jalen Hurts, even if he is mediocre as a passer he will put up some numbers as long as the line is healthy.

• I am expecting something like Kyler Murray 2019 (high 80s rating with some running thrills)
  • Kyler Murray 2020 would be better than expected (mid 90s rating with some serious running)
  • Something in the middle would not surprise me
    • I'm talking about a league where 93.6 was the average passer rating in 2020

Jalen Reagor if he is healthy this year he will get lots of opportunity across from DeVonta Smith. 

I know we have a bad track record with WRs but he had no OTA, camp, preseason games, and he was hurt so don't give him that bust label after 1 year.

Even if the O-line has a few injuries this year, they have better depth with Dickerson as a rookie and Mailata after a year as a starter.

I'm pulling for Hurts in a big way. 

He was someone I was high on in the draft last season when it seemed the popular thing was to view him pretty poorly as a legit QB prospect and the consensus was to view him as only a product of Oklahoma and Riley. 

I was more on the side that Riley was huge for him, but not strictly because Riley can make any QB play at an elite level, but because Hurts got a chance to get coaching and run an offense that played to his strengths instead of playing for a staff and in a system that felt like they needed to hide him and work in a way that made it seem like he was a liability. Obviously Alabama is great, and since Hurts left I feel like they transitioned to an offensive system more common in college to give QBs built in advantages. The critics will say that was because they got rid of Hurts and the guys since have just been better. And while I agree on Tua (I loved him as a prospect too), I don't agree with Mac Jones or the point as a whole. 

I do think Hurts has the skills necessary to really surprise some people this year. The Eagles are certainly in a transition phase, but I don't think they are as devoid of talent as a lot of people make it out. Smith is a great fit with Hurts and will give him a guy he can trust and that can make explosive plays for him as well as some of the less flashy things that go a long way for a QBs play. Reagor I was mixed on as a prospect, I liked him, but I didn't like him to the point I would draft him if my expectations were he needs to become a #1 WR. There's plenty of reason to be optimistic in his outlook if you are now expecting Smith to be that guy and Reagor to be a #2 that can do a lot of damage down field. 

Then you factor in Sanders who if can stay healthy can be a perfect fit in the type of offense I imagine Hurts leading with a spread the defense thin type of approach. Lots of RPOs, read option, sweeps, end arounds, complimented tremendously by the fear and respect defenses will have to give the deep passing game with wide outs like Smith and Reagor. Obviously Eartz didn't have a great year last season, with injuries or whatever, but I am not ready to completely write him off as his time completely passing, especially if we're talking just being a good solid player and not an elite TE. Goedert has shown a lot of flashes and IMO can be one of the better starting TEs in the league. 

I don't know a ton about the Eagles interior OL, but a QB like Hurts can help elevate some if the OL isn't top notch. 

I'm not sure exactly what type of season the Eagles will have wins and loss wise, but I do think Hurts could have a really solid year and surprise. I think he can do enough and has some really intriguing young pieces around him to show some crazy highs, even if there will be some lows with the growing pains. I feel most have locked him in as playing for a bad Eagles team and having a bad year as the starting QB, obviously not impossible. But I don't think it's as high a chance as a lot of others do. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Swift and Akers aren't even on the list? Que lastima.

And that's a serious man-crush on Tony Pollard.

It’s ridiculous.. The fact that Mark Ingram even made the list despite Gus Edwards and JK making him a healthy scratch 5 of the last 6 games of the year including the playoffs is laughable.. but that’s pff for u