2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-cleveland-browns-believe-baker-171328901.html

All you haters can go away. I say that with love.

Nice article and all, but it won't change anyone's mind.

Baker's a choker until proven otherwise (says the detractors).

I personally have little doubt that he's the one.

2d4ae72f1f4869029bf47ce27d88d2dc_w200.gi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Nice article and all, but it won't change anyone's mind.

Baker's a choker until proven otherwise (says the detractors).

I personally have little doubt that he's the one.

2d4ae72f1f4869029bf47ce27d88d2dc_w200.gi

You would think that of ANY franchise In this league, people would almost unanimously love the the best QB we've had in 30 years. Just wait till we pay him, then the morons will expand to whining about his salary.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

You would think that of ANY franchise In this league, people would almost unanimously love the the best QB we've had in 30 years. Just wait till we pay him, then the morons will expand to whining about his salary.

Yeah, some folks need to go and rev up the old YouTube machine and watch some highlights of guys like Weeden, Brady, JFF, Frye, Anderception, etc.

He’s literally the best QB this franchise has has since at least the 80’s.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, some folks need to go and rev up the old YouTube machine and watch some highlights of guys like Weeden, Brady, JFF, Frye, Anderception, etc.

He’s literally the best QB this franchise has has since at least the 80’s.  

Speak for yourself. Anderson is way better than Baker. He won a game with 2 completions. Baker would lose that game because he isn’t clutch 

• Like 3

https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/28732/it-takes-a-village-how-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-remade-his-body-after-a-disastrous-2019

I stand by my 2019 criticism of his body composition and on field product responsibility despite the absolute cluster that was Freddie Kitchens. It's neat to see him owning it and going all in.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/28732/it-takes-a-village-how-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-remade-his-body-after-a-disastrous-2019

I stand by my 2019 criticism of his body composition and on field product responsibility despite the absolute cluster that was Freddie Kitchens. It's neat to see him owning it and going all in.

75 percent completions

How many qbs have beat Mahomes

On his home field I rest my case

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I see no difference in the physical product of Baker between any season. I mean he never ran as much as he did in 2019 so no matter what people thought he looked like he probably was at his cardio peak in 2019.

As long as you are in shape I don't care what shape your body is as a QB.

The difference between 2018 and 2019 seems to have nothing to do with the physical shape of our QB and much more about the shape of our offensive line. Sure coaching was bad and Baker was pressing because everything went bad but the same thing would happen this year with a couple offensive line injuries and the 2019 playbook/playcalling. Doesn't even matter the QB. Lamar had a game with bad tackles and turned it over multiple times and lost to a team that wasn't supposed to defend their home turf.

Week 1 of year 4 for Tom Brady resulted in a loss to the Bills 31-0 and he threw 4 picks and for 123 yards on 28 attempts (14 completions). I have no idea what that has to do with anything but there it is...