2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Need to get him more comfortable working out of shotgun. However, I don’t want him in a shotgun system. Keep him in Stefanskis offense.

Late in a game, play action isn’t going to work.

I think those tyreek hill motions in the back field with either obj or schwartz could help, they make a defense go wider. 

He also has to have a deeper drop imo. Watching brees in his day he could pass out of the shotgun, he had a super deep pocket. Stout gaurds too.

Edited by Kiwibrown

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Need to get him more comfortable working out of shotgun. However, I don’t want him in a shotgun system. Keep him in Stefanskis offense.

Late in a game, play action isn’t going to work.

I would say he is pretty comfortable out of shotgun. He played a lot of gun his rookie year when he looked ultra promising. The issue is, under freddie, he had him in gun but it was a crap scheme. Stef seems like he has a rhyme  and  reason for everything the offense does.

I just want to see Baker playing with a legit defense. If we had a defense, where it gives Baker the chance to run some scores up and to put some games away. We could see  different, even more efficient QB

On 9/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, candyman93 said:

Might just be me, but I don’t care if Bakers interceptions increase as long as it translates to more TDs + yards.

I never want a QB who’s afraid to attack.

Our ground game will be so good that I don’t see a big increase in yards, but I do feel like a increase in TD’s is likely. 

On 9/2/2021 at 7:23 PM, candyman93 said:

Might just be me, but I don’t care if Bakers interceptions increase as long as it translates to more TDs + yards.

I never want a QB who’s afraid to attack.

It's just you.

There's a big difference between trying to be a hero and playing within yourself and the system.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

It's just you.

There's a big difference between trying to be a hero and playing within yourself and the system.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

I think it depends on what’s around the QB.

Last year turnovers were a killer because our defense was so god awful.  If you have a dependable defense, take some calculated risks.

Also I think the thing that’s most important are the type of picks. For example, a pick on first down on when you’re in your own 25 is inexcusable, can’t happen.  Same thing in the red zone.

A pick on 3rd and 15 when you’re on the opponents 40 and the ball is thrown deep and they intercept it inside the 10?  As long as there’s not a huge return, that’s a fairly irrelevant pick.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

The Baker hatred and ignorance is too much. Why do I bother?

Hopefully Baker will do the talking for you.

There's a staunch contingent out there that sees him as a slightly more talented Johnny Football that was put in a better situation. And there are a few straight-up trolls.

I'm just ready to watch him drop some dimes.

• Like 7

On 9/3/2021 at 9:49 PM, DawgX said:

The Baker hatred and ignorance is too much. Why do I bother?

Yep, we have the one dude hanging his hat on Jimmy G and the lone season in his career that he has ever played every game. 

give no credit to Shanny who even made Hoyer look good for 8 games

Bakers competition long term in the division is Joe Burrow. Joe is going to be extremely difficult to deal with if he gets an offensive line.

I agree with the comparison of Lamar to Cam Newton. Give it 4-5 more years max and he will be a shell of himself.

Pittsburgh is going to be what Denver is now without QB play. Not a real serious contender, just a team that can be annoying on occasion.

Edited by candyman93