2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is Cowherd right? At 5:10 he touches on the one thing that bothers me about Baker.

Doesn't seem like he is right. Remember the Bengals game last year? The Ravens game? How about his first game ever against the Jets?

There wasn't pressure on Baker much at all this game, at least I never saw him panic. I put 0% of the blame on Baker. A lot of bad things happened in the 2nd half but it wasn't our idiot QB giving the game away like it had been foe the past 20 years. His detractors still try to blame him though and that is what they do. Most of us would rather ignore them.

If you have an agenda you shouldn't be considered 'media', whether it is sports, political or whatever. You are entertainment and trolling entertainment at that. Doesn't mean people won't watch you and there will always be people that follow your word as gospel but you should know you are part of the problem. That problem is hate and the spread of hate which is the biggest epidemic in the world now and has been for awhile.

I think I went a bit off base there... but anyway no I don't think Baker is a loser who can't lead a team to wins.

• Like 4

I do think Baker needs better play out of his WRs.

1. Obviously he’s a slot WR, but that was a “quiet” 71 yards out of Jarvis. Had a great TD though.

2. Schwartz did fantastic given his lack of preseason reps, but he had some rookie moments.

3. No DPJ or Higgins, is that coaching though…?

4. Hooper didn’t do jack **** once again. OBJ was hurt, once again.

5. David Njoku is the only guy yesterday that I felt really stepped up his play. Dude balled out and really helped Baker.

It was only week 1, so I will see if some of this was schematic.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

1. Obviously he’s a slot WR, but that was a “quiet” 71 yards out of Jarvis. Had a great TD though.

I thought he played really well 

2. Schwartz did fantastic given his lack of preseason reps, but he had some rookie moments.

It was as close to a good game as it was a complete disaster with his hands, he needs to get better 

great question. KC doesnt have elite corners at all. 

I thought Hooper played well, no drops and some big conversions 

5. David Njoku is the only guy yesterday that I felt really stepped up his play. Dude balled out and really helped Baker.

I thought it was one of Njokus best games, no drops, looked fast and strong. 

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I'm not sure what you are hoping for to be honest.  Every contested catch that baker threw was caught except for the one to Schwartz where the defender made a fantastic play.  There were so many passes that were VERY close to defenders, several to Jarvis and the one to DPJ, and they all ended up with the ball in hands.

What are we upset about?  We had 3 touchdowns on the first 3 drives and then it was the end of the half (despite that end of the half going 87 yards in 1:31 from the Kansas city 1 yard line).

We came out in the 2nd half with an unfortunate fumble, then drove down the field and scored another touchdown.  Aside from the Nick Chubb fumble we were damn near flawless through 3 quarters.

Landry had 5 catches for 71 yards and a REALLY nice touchdown run.

Hooper snagged an inaccurate ball nicely to make 3rd and long 4th and short convertible, then converted it!

Harrison Bryant had a nice catch and run for 17 yards.

We have a TON of options on offense, why does it matter if DPJ or Higgins doesn't do as much when we have 457 yards of total offense and get more yards from scrimmage than the chiefs!

The biggest thing that hurt us in this game was the two fumbles.  Especially the one from Chubb when the offense was destroying things, but he doesn't do that overly often so I'm not going to blame him.

If our offense looks like that every week I will be THRILLED!!!  A few less turnovers and this will be one of the best offenses in the NFL.

• Like 3

Wow

Bad take. This is a really bad take. He had one terrible season (hint: he only threw 8 INT last year). He threw ONE INT on Sunday and he got hit as he threw it. Baker threw for over 300 and looked great. Cowherd is MORON with an agenda. He doesn't even make any sense. My question is, why be a hater? You're being a hater.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:07 PM, mtmmike said:

thank you have a nice day

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Doesn't seem like he is right. Remember the Bengals game last year? The Ravens game? How about his first game ever against the Jets?

There wasn't pressure on Baker much at all this game, at least I never saw him panic. I put 0% of the blame on Baker. A lot of bad things happened in the 2nd half but it wasn't our idiot QB giving the game away like it had been foe the past 20 years. His detractors still try to blame him though and that is what they do. Most of us would rather ignore them.

If you have an agenda you shouldn't be considered 'media', whether it is sports, political or whatever. You are entertainment and trolling entertainment at that. Doesn't mean people won't watch you and there will always be people that follow your word as gospel but you should know you are part of the problem. That problem is hate and the spread of hate which is the biggest epidemic in the world now and has been for awhile.

I think I went a bit off base there... but anyway no I don't think Baker is a loser who can't lead a team to wins.

Talk Show Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Bad take. This is a really bad take. He had one terrible season (hint: he only threw 8 INT last year). He threw ONE INT on Sunday and he got hit as he threw it. Baker threw for over 300 and looked great. Cowherd is MORON with an agenda. He doesn't even make any sense. My question is, why be a hater? You're being a hater.

He does not hold very good either.