2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

On 1/25/2022 at 1:39 AM, brownie man said:

People forget Mahomes went out in what the first half??!

Mahomes wasn’t even warmed up till early 4th quarter last night. 

If you wanna bank on going up against an injured QB in the playoffs then so be it. 

but chances are you’re gonna see a healthy Mahomes Herb or Allen in the playoffs. Not a 37 year old Big Ben. 

if you can’t upgrade at QB get every playmaker you can possibly get. 

Yeah and in that game our players were ****. Jarvis was a no show in that game and Higgins and others were not making an impact at all. 

Just saying, I don’t care who our QB is at the moment. They aren’t going to do all that well when they have absolute non threats at the WR position. 

hell KC was so focus on making sure Diggs didn’t do anything it opened up everything else for others. We don’t have that on this team. We thought that was OBJ but OBJ needed a WR like Kupp to open up things for him.

I hope they greatly improve the WR group, so if Baker truly isn’t the guy, we have talent in place for the new QB

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I respect your opinion....but we are so Fundamentally apart on assessment, I dont think its productive to start to throw out all the numbers that would prove so much of this not based on Quantitative Assessment, but on Qualitative assessment....(quick example Johnson is a RFA, and it depends on how we tender him as to if he goes....and taking a RB high in the draft, you take one to start, not to sit and "Ease in"...could you imagine the Giants take Saquan Barkley and say he's gonna sit for a year and "Ease In" behind the starter???? Thats not how the Drafts work)..or start to point out your statement that contradict themselves like "Bryant has upside, yes, but he's a jag too"......is he a JAG or Does he have upside, those two designations are mutually exclusive predicated upon their definitions........we will just have to agree to disagree and move forward....

Yeah I'm all about being proactive (Not sure if true) but many RBs break out their rookie year. Many times RBs have career years in their rookie year. Seems like a waste of resources to draft and sit a RB even if it's 2nd or 3rd round. You lose a year of their rookie deal and most RBs are in their prime in their rookie deal.

Chubb is signed through 2024, If he stays healthy I see no reason to draft a RB above the 5th or 6th round until 2025.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And/or to have a much more athletic, legitimate fallback.

Goodbye Case.

Im going to be honest here. The system the Browns run is VERY easy on the QB. It requires, at most, to make 2 reads in a passing play. Basically if Option 1 is not open, look at option 2. Thats it.

If Baker cant start really shining next year--then he is done.

Winston has all the tools in the world and maybe if he gets in a QB For Dummies offense like this, he starts looking like that 1st overall pick from back when.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Browns fans who wanted OBJ out and want us to roll the dice on Baker Mayfield, while also being Baker Mayfield apologists, are nothing short of delusional.

Browns Fans who want Baker Mayfield out, and refuse to acknowledge his past Successes, his Injury this year, Lack of Targets, and 4 HC's in 4 years.....I feel are Gloomy Cynic Complainers, who only see what they want to see.

Not speaking about you in particular @MWil23...I just like the form of your post and decided to borrow it...

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Browns fans who wanted OBJ out and want us to roll the dice on Baker Mayfield, while also being Baker Mayfield apologists, are nothing short of delusional.

So you wanted to keep OBJ and release Baker over that situation? 

5 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Browns Fans who want Baker Mayfield out, and refuse to acknowledge his past Successes, his Injury this year, Lack of Targets, and 4 HC's in 4 years.....I feel are Gloomy Cynic Complainers, who only see what they want to see.

Not speaking about you in particular @MWil23...I just like the form of your post and decided to borrow it...

We all like @MWil23but I think it's fair to say him in particular. He is in NFL Gen playoff threads complaining about Baker. He occasionally says things that make sense about Baker but more times than not he seems to just be baiting someone into defending Baker so he can attack them.

7 minutes ago, JDD said:

So you wanted to keep OBJ and release Baker over that situation? 

Well OBJ does have 5 TD with the Rams. Sure he averages less yards per game and per catch with the Rams this year than with the Browns this year (or any season in his career). He also catches 56% of his targets with the Rams which while bad is slightly better than he was with the Browns.

If we project OBJ's stats over a full season he would average 100 targets and 600 yards since the trade. So yes, he turned out to still be special I guess, even if he lacked effort, had daddy issues and didn't want to be here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well OBJ does have 5 TD with the Rams. Sure he averages less yards per game and per catch with the Rams this year than with the Browns this year (or any season in his career). He also catches 56% of his targets with the Rams which while bad is slightly better than he was with the Browns.

If we project OBJ's stats over a full season he would average 100 targets and 600 yards since the trade. So yes, he turned out to still be special I guess, even if he lacked effort, had daddy issues and didn't want to be here.

But he would have 17TDs and that is the only stat that matters