2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Baker looked bad relative to Patrick Mahomes who is literally the most talented and special NFL player of all time and all it takes is two working eyes to realize he's destined to be the GOAT. 

Baker is a top QB he's just in a different class. Theres the Mahomes/Rodgers tier and then theres like 6-8 guys and Bakers in that group.

This was a team loss, we outplayed the Chiefs its just the 3 flukies plays of the game swung it 14+ points in their favor. 

4 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Baker looked bad relative to Patrick Mahomes who is literally the most talented and special NFL player of all time and all it takes is two working eyes to realize he's destined to be the GOAT. 

Baker is a top QB he's just in a different class. Theres the Mahomes/Rodgers tier and then theres like 6-8 guys and Bakers in that group.

This was a team loss, we outplayed the Chiefs its just the 3 flukies plays of the game swung it 14+ points in their favor. 

Exactly. If the argument is that Baker is either PM or not worthy of playing in the NFL than I guess he’s out.

I posted this earlier, and I'll post it here as well:

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. He's thrown 16 4th quarter interceptions since coming into the league, and he also has 6 4th quarter comebacks, and 7 game winning drives.

Let's look at the year by year:

2021: 1 INT (0TD)

2020: 2 INT (6 TD)

2019: 9 INT (6 TD) and 2 come from behind wins

2018: 4 INT (7 TD) and 4 come from behind wins

So, yes as a rookie and 2nd year player, he clearly threw a LOT of INT...and he was behind A LOT in those games.

This is hilarious. Being on a bad team by definition implies being down on the scoreboard more, having to play more hero ball, having less around you, etc. 

Now, certainly that isn't the last 2 years on offense, but his first 2 years he had a pretty horrific OL and a porous defense his first 3 years in the league.

You contradict yourself here. If anything, the above shows that Baker has vastly improved in the fourth quarter after his first two years of throwing a total of 13 4th Quarter interceptions.

Clearly 2019 was borderline historically bad turning the ball over, efficiency, accuracy, etc. and as a rookie, the reason they were in the playoff hunt at all was because of Baker, who played hero ball down the stretch in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

Unless you have an agenda, i don't see how anyone couldn't come away impressed from Sunday. The pick while hit was the only bad thing i can think of. He was pinpoint the rest of the day. Offense was in complete control and we looked like we have been running this offense for 5 years. Baker is THE dude. Pay him

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Mayfield had one bad season, and we all know that. I don’t get the blame for this game though, and he was great as a whole last year. He has put us in position to win a lot of games. We have not had a good defense with him leading the offense , very often. His last throw was a bang bang play that could have gone better, and if it’s a trend this year that’s a different matter. He looked good on Sunday though and I think it’s unfair to judge based off of one throw in an otherwise solid game. 

When there aren’t stories though, your media people need to create one. So this narrative shouldn’t be a surprise. They also know how Mayfield works in that he gets pissed off when people say these irrational things. So it works for everybody.

There've been several good posts in this thread the last couple days.

This one might be the best one.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So is Baker going to have that excuse for his entire career? How many years does he need with Stefanski before that’s no longer an “out?”

Next year?

If he’s permanently scarred for life, that’s a problem.

Who’s saying that?  I haven’t seen anything to say it’s been needed as an excuse since the first Bengals game last year.

Baker picked right up where he left off last year tbh. Sure, no touchdowns, but only because the run game was solid af and we didn’t have to throw it. He marched the offense right up and down the field.  Lots of yard, high completion percentage, 3rd highest air yards per attempt last week, etc.

I think those “excuses” (legitimate reasons) for his struggles are valid. They may not be relevant now, but they do explain why perhaps he’s had some less than ideal career numbers or why he’s not as far along as other 4th year QB’s who’ve been in the same system their whole career.

• Like 1

I think it's funny how people (not necessarily directed at anyone in here) can somehow think multiple things can't be true. For example:

*Fact: Mahomes is one of/the most talented quarterback I've ever seen

*Also Fact: Mahomes was drafted by a playoff caliber team and offensive genius head coach, with continuity of 5+ years

The same goes for Lamar Jackson as a whole, whereas guys like Allen and Mayfield weren't drafted into nearly as advantageous situations and have/rightfully should have had growing pains in some capacities.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I posted this earlier, and I'll post it here as well:

Clearly 2019 was borderline historically bad turning the ball over, efficiency, accuracy, etc. and as a rookie, the reason they were in the playoff hunt at all was because of Baker, who played hero ball down the stretch in the 4th quarter. 

You need to add the redzone stats for Baker as well. Just aids your points IMO

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think it's funny how people (not necessarily directed at anyone in here) can somehow think multiple things can't be true. For example:

*Fact: Mahomes is one of/the most talented quarterback I've ever seen

*Also Fact: Mahomes was drafted by a playoff caliber team and offensive genius head coach, with continuity of 5+ years

The same goes for Lamar Jackson as a whole, whereas guys like Allen and Mayfield weren't drafted into nearly as advantageous situations and have/rightfully should have had growing pains in some capacities.

Allen has had the same HC and OC all 4 years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Also, that INT isn’t really Bakers fault.

However, at no point did he look good after we scored 29 points (with the exception of the Hunt 19 yard play).

The entire team look bad after that. Running game was sputtering. OL was starting to get abused. That was also mirrored with KC coming out and taking up a large chunk of the 3rd qtr, then we fumble, then the Scottish tac hammer pooping his pants. The whole team fell apart. OL was great the entire game then the wheels came off in the fourth for them

Edited by buno67

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You need to add the redzone stats for Baker as well. Just aids your points IMO

Thanks Bones! Let's take a look! :) 

2021: 1 Game, 2-2, 8 yards

2020: 45-71, 21 TD and 0 INT

Also proof that Russell Wilson sucks since he threw 3 Red Zone INT, and Mahomes sucks because he threw 2 INT

#bums

2019: 30-74, 15 TD, 3 INT

2018: 35-54, 20 TD, 0 INT

Career in the Red Zone:

112-201, 56 TD, 3 INT

• Like 2