2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

31 minutes ago, braylon said:

Got a question for you guys.. Do you feel like you can confidently say that Baker has a Top 5 arm in the league?

Allen 

mahomes 

rodgers

stafford 

those are the obvious top 4. So an argument could be made for baker. Arguments could also be made for Herbert and Watson. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Allen 

mahomes 

rodgers

stafford 

those are the obvious top 4. So an argument could be made for baker. Arguments could also be made for Herbert and Watson. 

I'd put him up there with Stafford, the other three are above him though. So he's in that 4-7 territory, just raw arm-strength/throwing ability-wise.

10 minutes ago, FGK said:

I'd put him up there with Stafford, the other three are above him though. So he's in that 4-7 territory, just raw arm-strength/throwing ability-wise.

He may throw with the most velocity in game. He may not have the length to make some of the off balance throws that Mahomes makes but those don't usually have much on them they are just placed well or the receivers adjust well. Allen has a great arm, I haven't really seen enough of him in game to judge how it is in game, I know he can wing it though.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

He may throw with the most velocity in game. He may not have the length to make some of the off balance throws that Mahomes makes but those don't usually have much on them they are just placed well or the receivers adjust well. Allen has a great arm, I haven't really seen enough of him in game to judge how it is in game, I know he can wing it though.

Allen’s arm is a 10/10 in all situations, it’s an absolute cannon.

But Baker has more than enough arm to do anything he needs to.  Allen and Mahomes have better arms, but those are some of the best the league has ever seen.  Baker has a 9/10 arm imo.  

• Like 2

OBJ didn’t screw in the punch bowl like I half expected so that was a plus. DPJ had a couple nice grabs also. Pretty good from Baker, he did what we needed him to do. Hunt did his thing. Chicago did a pretty good job on defense but couldn’t hold all game, because their defense was on the field most of the time. Our defense did great against a young quarterback. Myles is Myles. Jok needs to play all the time. Bout sums it up for me.

Win against Minnesota.

Yeah, Baker was just "solid' today. Was just off on a handful of throws, especially early. Him missing Felton really hurt at the time. He did hold onto the ball too long on a couple of those sacks, but the OL was not good today. Still made some really good throws and did a good job using his legs today.

If Baker plays just an okay game and we still win by 20 points, I can't complain.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, braylon said:

Got a question for you guys.. Do you feel like you can confidently say that Baker has a Top 5 arm in the league?

Based on a overall combination of arm strength, pinpoint accuracy, big-time throws (i.e., the anlaytics metric), and got to have it throws, the rankings imo are the following:

1.) Patrick Mahomes

2.) Aaron Rodgers

3.) Josh Allen (the one year sample size last year was wild)

4.) Justin Herbert (endurance velocity might be the best in the league, deep ball accuracy is uncanny)

5.) Matthew Stafford (still pinpoint at all levels with power and elite velocity)

6.) Kyler Murray (People don't watch his games. Special accuracy, arm strength, off platform, got to have it throws)

7.) Baker Mayfield (pinpoint and arm strength are everything one could want during long stretches of games, but he misses too many easy open throws and he floats, hangs, or skys too many throws on big downs or in critical moments)

Edited by Empire Lies

4 hours ago, Empire Lies said:

Based on a overall combination of arm strength, pinpoint accuracy, big-time throws (i.e., the anlaytics metric), and got to have it throws, the rankings imo are the following:

1.) Patrick Mahomes

2.) Aaron Rodgers

3.) Josh Allen (the one year sample size last year was wild)

4.) Justin Herbert (endurance velocity might be the best in the league, deep ball accuracy is uncanny)

5.) Matthew Stafford (still pinpoint at all levels with power and elite velocity)

6.) Kyler Murray (People don't watch his games. Special accuracy, arm strength, off platform, got to have it throws)

7.) Baker Mayfield (pinpoint and arm strength are everything one could want during long stretches of games, but he misses too many easy open throws and he floats, hangs, or skys too many throws on big downs or in critical moments)

So does only one of the top 7 have flaws or did you only want to point out the flaws of one?

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker did borderline between okay - good. Had a few miscues, but threw some beautiful passes as well.

Offensive line did him no favors.

Nope. The OL did him no favors today.

to me, that first drive, where we turned it over on downs, it seemed to me the Tretter messed up the snap count cause it seemed like no one was ready for it. Wills struggled. Our right side does not look like it has 2 all pro caliber players and even Bitonio looked bad at times