2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

17, boys will be boys. Pretty sure the NFL is going to agree that it's just something that regular guys do.

Thomas just a simple question how good due you think this dl right now?

As you know that was my biggest concern. 

19 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Thomas just a simple question how good due you think this dl right now?

As you know that was my biggest concern. 

Pretty great on the edge, much like last year. We'll see about the interior but as of now I'd say below average.

23 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

With all due respect.....If teams believed that Baker was a CLEAR UPGRADE over what they currently have at QB, he would have been traded long ago.  There are only 1 or 2 teams that can win the "tank" war.  "Rolling the dice" on a guy that's on your roster is not the way to go, if you perceive there to be a CLEAR UPGRADE.  Let's be honest...18 mil is not that much for a QB that is guaranteed to help you win games.  The fact is...not many believe that Baker is "that guy"!  He may ultimately turn it around, and become more consistent.  Those flashes of brilliance may end up being the norm.  No one is willing to take that chance right now!!!!

While I respect your point of view, I still stick by the list I put together. If you dont think Baker Mayfield is CLEAR upgrade over the likes of Drew Lock and Sam Darnold.....then you Just Dont Like Baker...and I'm OK with that.

I feel the truth lies in the Middle, I think some of these teams covet draft picks as much as we do, and I think the Compensation required to acquire him, and the money that would need to be invested, he may not be a BIG enough upgrade over what they feel they have, or can use those resources to get next year.

And some teams I put a caveat on, for instance, Justin Fields looked so bad, it helped get the coach fired...but they (and with good reason) want to see what he might develop into.....Baker is a QB that can take a team to the playoffs (when healthy). Fields may be a guy who develops into someone that can take a team to a SB.....but he's not that Right Now. But with the Resources already sunk into him, they will let that play out at least one more year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

While I respect your point of view, I still stick by the list I put together. If you dont think Baker Mayfield is CLEAR upgrade over the likes of Drew Lock and Sam Darnold.....then you Just Dont Like Baker...and I'm OK with that.

I feel the truth lies in the Middle, I think some of these teams covet draft picks as much as we do, and I think the Compensation required to acquire him, and the money that would need to be invested, he may not be a BIG enough upgrade over what they feel they have, or can use those resources to get next year.

And some teams I put a caveat on, for instance, Justin Fields looked so bad, it helped get the coach fired...but they (and with good reason) want to see what he might develop into.....Baker is a QB that can take a team to the playoffs (when healthy). Fields may be a guy who develops into someone that can take a team to a SB.....but he's not that Right Now. But with the Resources already sunk into him, they will let that play out at least one more year.

I get what your saying, but there doesn't appear to be a market for him, and the price is NOT THAT HIGH, relatively speaking.  It's not like people need to give up multiple firsts to get Baker, and his cost next year is 18 mil.  If there were teams that were absolutely sure he was A.  better than what they have, and B.  could get their team to the playoffs...a deal certainly would have been made!

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Pretty much everyone knows he's an upgrade. He just hasn't proven to be a big enough upgrade to be worth having.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He’s clearly better than those 2 and I will argue against anybody who disagrees.

However, there’s a reason nobody wants him.

Well there are reasons each don't want him. Some are set. The rest aren't playoff teams either way and are working towards the future.

That said, he will be on a team other than the Browns this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well there are reasons each don't want him. Some are set. The rest aren't playoff teams either way and are working towards the future.

That said, he will be on a team other than the Browns this year.

90 percent of the league does not want Mayfield because they do not want there team in the middle of the Deshaun Watson debate.

Thru no fault of his own. 

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

90 percent of the league does not want Mayfield because they do not want there team in the middle of the Deshaun Watson debate.

Thru no fault of his own. 

That make absolutely no sense!

The bottom line is teams don't believe in him, otherwise there would be some type of market for him.  Why are the rumors that the Browns need to pay part of his salary, or accept next to nothing in a trade?

Watson is in the middle of a ish storm, and he had MULTIPLE SUITORS, that were ALL willing to part with money, and picks.

I can't believe that it's injury related, because it's not a potential career ender!

Not everyone can tank, and get the top 2 picks next year!

If he was considered THAT MUCH better than a team's starter, then people would be lining up imo.

It has literally 0 to do with teams not wanting to be in the middle of some sort of Watson/Mayfield debate!