2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

16 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well there are reasons each don't want him. Some are set. The rest aren't playoff teams either way and are working towards the future.

That said, he will be on a team other than the Browns this year.

the-dark-knight-joker.gif

On 5/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, Thomas5737 said:

17, boys will be boys. Pretty sure the NFL is going to agree that it's just something that regular guys do.

Like Robert Kraft??? or too Soon. And he still did less than Irsay

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-owner-jim-irsay-arrested-charged-with-dwi-4-felony-counts/

Lest we forget.......Speeding, Intoxicated, Pillow Case full of Cash money (29K to be exact) and 4 Bottles of Prescription Pills......Didnt spend a day in Jail......now if that was me, it would have gone more like this...

arrested-police.gif

Browns running back Nick Chubb sent a positive message to teammate Baker Mayfield amid speculation that the quarterback won’t be on Cleveland’s roster much longer. 

Speaking to reporters this week, Chubb called Mayfield one of his “best friends” and explained why he believes the former No. 1 pick will be successful no matter where he ends up in the future. 

“He’ll still always be one of my best friends. He’s a great guy,” Chubb said, per Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot and Hayden Grove. “I know with his intensity and his attitude, wherever he lands, he’ll be ready.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/28/nick-chubb-encouraging-words-baker-mayfield-amid-trade-rumors-browns

Chubb is a Mayfield homer.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Browns running back Nick Chubb sent a positive message to teammate Baker Mayfield amid speculation that the quarterback won’t be on Cleveland’s roster much longer. 

Speaking to reporters this week, Chubb called Mayfield one of his “best friends” and explained why he believes the former No. 1 pick will be successful no matter where he ends up in the future. 

“He’ll still always be one of my best friends. He’s a great guy,” Chubb said, per Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot and Hayden Grove. “I know with his intensity and his attitude, wherever he lands, he’ll be ready.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/28/nick-chubb-encouraging-words-baker-mayfield-amid-trade-rumors-browns

Chubb is a Mayfield homer.

Looks more like Nick is doing a Switzerland impression 

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2022/05/26/watson-quickly-endearing-himself-to-new-browns-teammates/amp/

Edited by Dawgpoun8017

On 5/21/2021 at 4:51 AM, TeHDruiD said:

I personally think Baker has elite upside and he's not that far away from achieving that status. 

He has great arm strength which is a big key but it's the intangibles that he shares with the greats that will push him over the top. He has high level leadership skills and the hunger to be great. He's a student of the game and has always had a me against the world work ethic. He wants to be great, he wants to win and he puts the time in to improving his craft, both mentally and physically 

Where I started to notice the biggest strides is in batted balls. It seems like he started to understand where his throwing lanes are. Granted the OL in front of him was a huge upgrade, but for me the decrease in batted balls is a huge improvement and that's not something that fixes itself. Student of the game, young, hungry and driven... recipe for success and reason for us to get excited

Thank you excellent post.

30 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Well there isn't a Mayfield/Watson debate. It irrelevant how well he likes Watson I was just putting something out there from a teammate since so many said that Baker had to be hated in the locker room since no one was saying anything good about him.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well there isn't a Mayfield/Watson debate. It irrelevant how well he likes Watson I was just putting something out there from a teammate since so many said that Baker had to be hated in the locker room since no one was saying anything good about him.

I was just saying he seems to feel just as good about Deshaun 

13 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I was just saying he seems to feel just as good about Deshaun 

Yeah, minus the "one of my best friends" part. Either way it still wasn't my point that he says he likes Watson just that many have said that they believed he was hated in the locker room. This isn't a Watson vs. Baker thing, it's a "is Mayfield hated by teammates" thing.

Obviously a lot sided with OBJ during that "Daddy" thing Baker had nothing to do with but OBJ is a Kardashian of the NFL so he will have more followers and it's to be expected that those followers sided with him. People do that, we do that as followers of the Browns. It does make us biased in our thinking.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, candyman93 said:

There’s a reason this got put out there. I bet we end up eating 11-12 mil of his contract.

You bring up excellent point.

My best guess where he goes 

1 nfc South

2nd any team with a second year qb