2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Still can’t read pressure, cover 0, or switch the RB/slide protection. Good thing Woods doesn’t blitz…

Well when he bailed every receivers had their back to him. Sure he could have switched the RB but there was a free rusher coming from the other side too which the RB got in front of.

He should have thrown it away but acting like this was anything is silly. He just needs to go to 2nd and 10 instead of risking something to get to 2nd and 6. Risk/reward. He's a gamer though, always trying to get something out of a play. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm confident he will be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Still can’t read pressure, cover 0, or switch the RB/slide protection. Good thing Woods doesn’t blitz…

Thru for 50 against Pittsburgh 

Plus 40 plus against Dallas without reading 1 cover right.

How about the touchdowns record as a rookie 

He must be lucky.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I expect Carolina to finish 2nd or 3rd in their division. It’s going to be extremely difficult beating Brady.

However, Baker is the 2nd best QB in that division with the 3rd best roster.

Really comes down to how he does against New Orleans.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Man its going to be embarrassing if the Browns lose week 1 to Baker lol

Oh, it'll happen.

Baker will have a chip on his shoulder and play lights out. Plus, we never win week one.

It would sting even more if that were a home game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Oh, it'll happen.

Baker will have a chip on his shoulder and play lights out. Plus, we never win week one.

It would sting even more if that were a home game.

Yeah he is going to come out firing, though I have faith in our pass-rush and CBs to make him pay. I would like to think Clowney/Garrett are going to give him absolute hell

Edited by AkronsWitness

There is nothing more predictable than Baker Mayfield beating us week one. 

For starters, this team never wins the opening game. Secondly, of course the schedule has us playing them the first game.

Mayfield is obviously going to spend an inordinate amount of time game-planning instead of playing halo with this match up coming up. In general I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a decent season. Without Watson I would say it’s a coin flip type of game, but considering it’s an opening week and the revenge factor, I see Mayfield walking off the field with a wry grin you want to punch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

For starters, this team never wins the opening game. Secondly, of course the schedule has us playing them the first game.

Mayfield is obviously going to spend an inordinate amount of time game-planning instead of playing halo with this match up coming up. In general I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a decent season. Without Watson I would say it’s a coin flip type of game, but considering it’s an opening week and the revenge factor, I see Mayfield walking off the field with a wry grin you want to punch. 

Just like when everyone was crying when he planted the flag in the Shoe

Don't let him beat you if you don't like the end result 

• Like 1

I think we’re more at an advantage playing him than he is playing us. 

We know what Baker is good at. We can throw him different looks when he’s expecting to see what he saw in practice. 

Plus our Dline should obliterate their Oline. Our DBs should be about to reasonably lock down their receivers. DJ Moore Is a really good player but Denzel is a better player. JOK and the D line should be able to handle Caff. 

I honestly think we’re going to jack them up. Our rosters aren’t close especially in the trenches. 

Here’s the difference. Baker is going to be hyped up to play us 

Our entire defense is going to be hyped to play him. We’ve got better players on defense than Baker is a QB. Myles and Ward are better at what they do than Baker is a qb. And that’s not even adding in JOK, Newsome, or Clowney. 

I think we’re looking at a 34-20 win. 

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The McCafferty healthy thing scares the life out of me.

McCafferty is a legit 1300 yard running back when healthy guess what he is healthy.

Carolina is a threat to lead the league in rushing with him on the field.

He is also better at receiving then are entire wr core.

Defensively 9 man in the box to stop Chubb then tell Brissette to beat you by throwing over the top to Cooper and DPJ 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

The McCafferty healthy thing scares the life out of me.

McCafferty is a legit 1300 yard running back when healthy guess what he is healthy.

Carolina is a threat to lead the league in rushing with him on the field.

He is also better at receiving then are entire wr core.

Defensively 9 man in the box to stop Chubb then tell Brissette to beat you by throwing over the top to Cooper and DPJ 

Yep, this game is about stopping Christian more than it is Baker

33 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yep, this game is about stopping Christian more than it is Baker

Well, both teams will likely be garbage at stopping the run. Browns have a better O-Line but it still isn't a good pass blocking line. Panthers have a terrible coach, Stefanski was terrible last year but at least he had previous success. Maybe he subconsciously tried to fail last year to change things, I just don't understand how offensive playcalling call change so much for the worse in one season.

I suspect neither passing offense will show. Both running games will. Whichever coach bails on his run game first likely loses. Not sure who it will be, maybe it happens to them both in the 1st quarter. 

Browns are more talented overall. Panthers have the better QB. Lets see what happens (I don't think I'll be watching).