2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

24 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

You are a joke ANYBODY CAN GOOGLE and it says 4 to 6 weeks.

Where were you when he was completing 90 percent of his passes

Baker mayfield floor is a playoff winning qb

Tied for 1st place.

Derps are going to derp.

Baker is almost certain to heal faster if you keep lighting candles every morning, afternoon, and night at Baker's sweaty jockstrap altar that you have setup in your living room. Just keep reminding your self, you are performing a vital service for all Browns fans.

As I said, depending on the severity, it takes 6 weeks to heal on its own (can take more sometimes less); 6 weeks to regain full strength and stability (can take more sometimes less). 

12 weeks is full healing and strength. 4 weeks to a month = 3 months full heal.

I've done physical therapy on torn labrums in both shoulders over the years not just derp google it and send it.

With the violent contact Baker is likely to get each Sunday, the healing is likely not going to happen anytime soon at all, especially since it takes time even without such contact.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Where were you when he was completing 90 percent of his passes

When you derps were tonsils deep on 75% and 90% completion percentage hero worship, we non-charlatans part of the hallowed ALL22-inati were speaking the truths of his pre-injury more meaningful critical issues in key moments.

Though then we spoke that it was troubling but not fatal nor a thing that Baker could not overcome through development.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:48 PM, Empire Lies said:

The Njoku and Schwartz misses in the Kansas City game were by far the worse misses to me. 

At least with Felton and the misses this game and the previous one could attributed to injury even if that's not really the case.

The Kansas City final drive misses in back to back critical game deciding drives in big moments are the most worrisome misses to me. A top QB can't miss those and he was clean in the pocket on both.

Both were routine pitches and catches to wide open targets.

---

He's been efficient and in the zone thus far this year, but in big moments, in big games he once again showed he doesn't have it on the level of the top groupings of QBs.

Playing great throughout the game is important but to be a Championship Game or Super Bowl contender, Baker has to play well down the stretch and elevate his play when it matters most in high leverage, pressure moments.

A lot has been made about the interception to end the game against Kansas City. He definitely has to get the ball out of bounds and top QBs somehow find a way to make that play more often then not, but it was actually the 2 preceding drives and critical mistakes that to me changed the game and worry me more about Baker's ability to come up big in big moments.

Kansas City Final 3 Drives

1.) @12:54 video minute markMiss to Wide open Njoku Left it short on a critical 3rd down - This was troubling b/c Baker had no one around him. And he simply just through a duck short. As a result, Browns had to punt. Njoku worked back to the ball. from the all22 angle it looks even worse as Baker had tons of time and could've put the ball anywhere and it could've even led to a TD if Njoku breaks a tackle or if the defender misses.

@12:54 video minute mark

2.) Hangs a ball inside to Anthony Schwartz. There was so much room to the sideline to make this throw for what should be a routine relatively easy completion. Baker has a tendency in big moments to hang balls inside. He rushes his footwork and slings it out there with too much air and leaves it inside. Schwartz has to stop his momentum and jump inside with the defender on him fighting for the ball. Schwartz still could've made the catch but it's a tough unnecessary jump ball and the defender never should've had the opportunity to make a play on that ball. That's on Baker.

3.) Baker throws an interception while falling down due to defender grabbing his leg. In the end, somehow someway if you are a top QB you have to find a way to make that play to either throw it out of bounds or have the awareness to create space so a late defender can't effect your throw.

-----------

That was in KC but Baker's "clutch moments issues" in big games goes back to the end of last year struggles. 

Baker Fumbles on a QB sneak against woeful talent Jets team in a critical playoff spot clinching game. Browns had to have that game and depending on how other teams win-loss record shook out that week it could've been a fatal blow to the Browns playoff chances. 

In the same big Jets game, Baker missed wide open throws to Higgins in the end zone and also missed another one inexplicably. Elite QBs don't have those plays in big moments.

The other biggest game before last year in his career was against the Ravens as a playoff spoiler where he left the Ball to Jarvis Landry inside when a completion basically wins the game for the Browns.

Before that, his biggest failure in the clutch in college was against Georgia where after bluster in the first half he turtled up in 2nd half and missed wide open throws and easy reads.

The good news is Baker is still young and can grow a lot, but he has yet to show the clutch factor that top 5 or 8 QBs have to have.  I hope he shows and proves he has it this year. If not, his ceiling will be limited to just a good but not great QB no matter how great his completion percentage and how great he plays in early parts of the game.

He has to come up big in big moments. 

Here's to hoping he will.

• Like 2

Torn labrum could mean a bunch of things, there could be cartlidge floating in his shoulder, it could be minor too. 

I have had torn labrum, rotator cuff and a hills-sach lesion, on my left shoulder, you are always aware of it when you are doing anything remotely athletic. It has to be affecting his throwing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Derps are going to derp.

Baker is almost certain to heal faster if you keep lighting candles every morning, afternoon, and night at Baker's sweaty jockstrap altar that you have setup in your living room. Just keep reminding your self, you are performing a vital service for all Browns fans.

As I said, depending on the severity, it takes 6 weeks to heal on its own (can take more sometimes less); 6 weeks to regain full strength and stability (can take more sometimes less). 

I've done physical therapy on torn labrums in both shoulders over the years not just derp google it and send it.

With the violent contact Baker is likely to get each Sunday, the healing is likely not going to happen anytime soon at all, especially since it takes time even without such contact.

Try again how due you know

I am not a decorated medical professional 

Prediction you will not go there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Derps are going to derp.

You should pretend the other posters on the forum are your brother-in-law so that you’ll speak to them like they’re human. 

• Like 2

I'll give him credit. I told Mind to up his troll game, and since then, we've gotten a lot more derps, charlatans, hilariously inappropriate (with visual imagery no less) from him, a lack of edits, and even random graphics to support his predisposed position. He's upped his troll game, and I'm proud of him for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll give him credit. I told Mind to up his troll game, and since then, we've gotten a lot more derps, charlatans, hilariously inappropriate (with visual imagery no less) from him, a lack of edits, and even random graphics to support his predisposed position. He's upped his troll game, and I'm proud of him for that.

I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Like 3