2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Let's hope it's not. The clock is ticking for Lamar and Allen to get extended. Let's get in there first.

Baker probably isnt on the same page as those guys, both have had mvp or mvp like seasons. Clearly he is number 3 on the list 

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker probably isnt on the same page as those guys, both have had mvp or mvp like seasons. Clearly he is number 3 on the list 

He's a number one pick who just played well in the playoffs. I'd like to believe his agent will agree with you, but I stand by saying if one of these guys gets extended first, Baker will be getting the same money, right or wrong.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

if one of these guys gets extended first, Baker will be getting the same money, right or wrong.

Disagree.

If the QB pay structure is raised by Lamar and/or Allen, he will get more than he will get now, but he still is #3 at this point.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Josh allen has said the will take a team friendly deal, Lamar and Baker havent. 

Of the two I think that, Baker is more likely than Lamar to have some team friendly aspects to his deal. 

"I'm told that Allen loves being in Buffalo enough where he's willing to structure things, ya know, that helps the team a little bit. Certainly, he's not going to take a discount by any stretch—he's a top-five quarterback. But he wants them to stay competitive in future years with him in the fold."

Doesnt sound really like its team friendly. Accepting less money is team friendly. Sounds like Allen still wants to get paid

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

but yet the past 10 games or so, Baker clearly out played them. This is all coming from Baker being in yr 1 of his offense with Allen in yr3 and Jackson yr2.5. Baker could become #1 with this upcoming season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

but yet the past 10 games or so, Baker clearly out played them. This is all coming from Baker being in yr 1 of his offense with Allen in yr3 and Jackson yr2.5. Baker could become #1 with this upcoming season

Baker is vastly different from both of them. They have amazing physical skill, with josh allen having the highest upside of the three as a runner and passer. 

Baker will have to be better by being the best passer by a long shot.

With baker and lamar it is almost brees vs Vick again.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, NudeTayne said:

Let's hope it's not. The clock is ticking for Lamar and Allen to get extended. Let's get in there first.

It is a very interesting argument 

If he goes North of Mahomes by beating

Mahomes and Whoever the NFL sends to the super bowl.

I am happy because we won the Super bowl. 

If he comes in under Daks contracts 

Then we have him at a affordable rate for 6

Years.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 5:56 PM, buno67 said:

I think this is a better than 50/50 shot. This is why I'd pay Baker immediately if I can, with the cap going up and expecting a huge season, I see little chance that the price tag drops this year. However, that's also why Baker probably doesn't want to do a deal unless they get one that basically assumes that he gets better.