Just to illustrate 

The cost with qbs

If we sign Baker to 160,000,000

Million dollar extension with the 25 million

Owed to him next year he would average

37,000,000 per year for 5 years 

The wait in see group

The franchise tag for next year is 44,000,000

That means you have to let Clowney walk.

If you sign Mayfield now you can keep everyone for 5 years.

2nd point Baker takes us to the superbowl

We would have to pay 225,000,000

To keep him. Than all the wait and see people would be saying nobody is worth that much and let there super bowl qb walk

Then we would have a super bowl team with a qb that was drafted at 32.

3rd point there is only 3 elite qb

Brady 

Mahomes

Rodgers

Everyone else is average.

math-lady.gif

(but also, spot on as usual, Mike)

7 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Wow, how the opinions in here have waffled.......not calling anybody out, but when Baker was breaking Peyton Mannings Record as a Rookie, and Healthy and without OBJ, he completed 63% of his passes for 3,563 26td's, 8 Ints, and a Playoff Win in Pittsburgh.....folks were signing praises....NOW some of these same folks are waffling on he's not a Franchise QB. With Dropped Passes, some quesitonable play calling and a Broken Shoulder....he's still completing over 65% of his passes and almost a 2-1 TD to INT ratio....

Baker.....I have believed in you since you walked on TWICE at D1 schools and make other NFL QB's TRANSFER......I dont know why the Media and Some Browns Fans, like to condemn you after each game you have where you dont throw 5 TD's........

9fe2ca96e9caa94a3f2e9a47e4d6762a.gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Wow, how the opinions in here have waffled.......not calling anybody out, but when Baker was breaking Peyton Mannings Record as a Rookie, and Healthy and without OBJ, he completed 63% of his passes for 3,563 26td's, 8 Ints, and a Playoff Win in Pittsburgh.....folks were signing praises....NOW some of these same folks are waffling on he's not a Franchise QB. With Dropped Passes, some quesitonable play calling and a Broken Shoulder....he's still completing over 65% of his passes and almost a 2-1 TD to INT ratio....

Baker.....I have believed in you since you walked on TWICE at D1 schools and make other NFL QB's TRANSFER......I dont know why the Media and Some Browns Fans, like to condemn you after each game you have where you dont throw 5 TD's........

You’re a better man than me. I’d just call their collective ***** out. I can’t stand the what have you done for me lately people. Wherever the wind blows. I haven’t **** in minute better get off the pot. 

The whole damn team is jekyll and hyde right now. And it’s frustrating. It’s Baker, it’s the defense, it’s coaching it’s all of the above right now. But Baker takes the ****. 

Btw for you aholes that don’t think his injuries are affecting his game get a damned clue. I know you won’t acknowledge the times he has looked pretty danged good as it doesn’t fit your agenda. But he played pretty danged good last year and all the way up until when?  When he was injured. Mhhhmm hhhmm. Oh and when the objpdq **** happened. 

Oh and where were you *******s when Baker kicked the bengals *****?  ******* Eeyores

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

You’re a better man than me. I’d just call their collective ***** out. I can’t stand the what have you done for me lately people. Wherever the wind blows. I haven’t **** in minute better get off the pot. 

The whole damn team is jekyll and hyde right now. And it’s frustrating. It’s Baker, it’s the defense, it’s coaching it’s all of the above right now. But Baker takes the ****. 

Btw for you aholes that don’t think his injuries are affecting his game get a damned clue. I know you won’t acknowledge the times he has looked pretty danged good as it doesn’t fit your agenda. But he played pretty danged good last year and all the way up until when?  When he was injured. Mhhhmm hhhmm. Oh and when the objpdq **** happened. 

Oh and where were you *******s when Baker kicked the bengals *****?  ******* Eeyores

Feel better? :) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Should I start doubting and hating on Baker to see if somehow that makes him perform well again? It's worked before, and I'm happy to have egg on my face if it means the chance that he stops sucking.

(See what I did there?)

And we're happy to pelt you with eggs, so everybody wins 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 2

I've been harping on it for awhile now....it's consistency that is lacking!  It's trying to figure out how much of that stems from injuries, different systems, or lack of work put in by him.  He appears to say the right things, and preach what should be done, but is he actually doing everything in his power to get better?  There is nothing to say yay or nay to that.  Only he knows the answer to that question.

The options of improving that position are limited, so I think we still need to give it time.......

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I've been harping on it for awhile now....it's consistency that is lacking!  It's trying to figure out how much of that stems from injuries, different systems, or lack of work put in by him.  He appears to say the right things, and preach what should be done, but is he actually doing everything in his power to get better?  There is nothing to say yay or nay to that.  Only he knows the answer to that question.

The options of improving that position are limited, so I think we still need to give it time.......

Consistency and big time throws. 

Again, is it system, talent, injuries, him trying to limit turnovers, idk, but he’s making some really basic throws this season it seems.  

For a player with his arm talent I’d really expect more shots down the field and attempts to stretch the defense.  All he’s throwing is a bunch of short to intermediate stuff.  

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Consistency and big time throws. 

Again, is it system, talent, injuries, him trying to limit turnovers, idk, but he’s making some really basic throws this season it seems.  

For a player with his arm talent I’d really expect more shots down the field and attempts to stretch the defense.  All he’s throwing is a bunch of short to intermediate stuff.  

Devil's advocate:

It's clear that the coaches don't trust him, because his entire career in the NFL, he's struggled consistently making throws that are dropback related instead of playaction related, where he excels.

Granted, our weapons on the outside are pretty poor as a whole. Juice looks washed, DPJ is dinged up, Higgins is trash...but Year 2 he sucked (I know, I know, Freddie and scheme, I know) and for 1/2 of Year 3 he sucked, all while he really found his groove with boots and playaction passes.

Again, he's hurt, he's lacking quality weapons, etc., but this is a body of work major concern for me, especially in tandem with how bad he does under pressure.

• Like 2