2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He looks beat to hell.  Either they think Keemun is awful or we’re wasting 6 million.

I think they are correct that Keenum is awful. Regardless, they need to play him or whoever else we have as an option. Even if we lose games. I have a feeling that the competitor in Mayfield is backfiring and he is convincing Stefanski that he needs to be out there. Good for Mayfield, that’s what you love about him, but what we are seeing out there should not be dictating what the head coach is deciding.  It’s not helping the browns and to be honest it’s not helping Mayfield as an individual future right now.

• Like 1

I am probably the biggest Kevin Stefanski on the board. But he is laying an egg a large portion of this season on offense. I’m not seeing the same scripting that I saw early in the year or creativity that we saw last season. In fairness to him, his best weapon right now is clearly nick Chubb and the rest of the supposed weapons are a JV team right now. The TE reverse was lulzy but in fairness he at least tried something and had to know the receivers out there are a MASH unit. So I give him a pass to a degree.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I am probably the biggest Kevin Stefanski on the board. But he is laying an egg a large portion of this season on offense. I’m not seeing the same scripting that I saw early in the year or creativity that we saw last season. In fairness to him, his best weapon right now is clearly nick Chubb and the rest of the supposed weapons are a JV team right now. The TE reverse was lulzy but in fairness he at least tried something and had to know the receivers out there are a MASH unit. So I give him a pass to a degree.

Yep.  Still love the guy but he’s not shown a lot of good things of late. 

that said, we won ugly today in a game we’d have almost assuredly lost in years past.  They’re not all pretty, but they do all count the same. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think they are correct that Keenum is awful. Regardless, they need to play him or whoever else we have as an option. Even if we lose games. I have a feeling that the competitor in Mayfield is backfiring and he is convincing Stefanski that he needs to be out there. Good for Mayfield, that’s what you love about him, but what we are seeing out there should not be dictating what the head coach is deciding.  It’s not helping the browns and to be honest it’s not helping Mayfield as an individual future right now.

Keenum is below average, but so is Baker. at the moment it is a wash. 

If we need a hail mary bring Baker on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah I mean at this point I don’t really even see what justification there is to keep sending him out there. For a game or two, you might give him a pass thinking that at least with him playing hurt, he is really running the offense well and we can contend. It’s pretty clear at this point that we are not a contender with Baker playing injured though. We aren’t helping his future, and he’s not really helping our current season. Collectively they need to just sit in a room and agree that it makes no sense for him to be playing. I’m sure Baker would argue but he’s also not the guy in charge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDD said:

I thought the reverse to Njoku wasn’t the worst play of the day. It’s not like he can’t make plays with the ball in his hands. 

To be honest I was disgusted by it until I looked around and saw that we had no other weapons out there and he was at least trying to create something with the call. 

• Like 1

Think Stef did his job. Most importantly, he followed common sense and let Chubb and the ol determine the outcome. 

Took one shot deep to Bradley at the right time. Bunch of different looks on short passes.

Will that plan get it done in the coming games? Depends on the defense.  Pit has been following the same recipe.

Baker can't have the game in his hands at this point. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah I mean at this point I don’t really even see what justification there is to keep sending him out there. For a game or two, you might give him a pass thinking that at least with him playing hurt, he is really running the offense well and we can contend. It’s pretty clear at this point that we are not a contender with Baker playing injured though. We aren’t helping his future, and he’s not really helping our current season. Collectively they need to just sit in a room and agree that it makes no sense for him to be playing. I’m sure Baker would argue but he’s also not the guy in charge.

Its an easy argument to say you are doing it for Baker too, his long term health and for the season. 

Put him on ice, put him in the hot top, find the guy that got manning HGH, the guy that got Andrew Luck the stem cells and go from there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

To be honest I was disgusted by it until I looked around and saw that we had no other weapons out there and he was at least trying to create something with the call. 

Yeah, there’s nothing to work with out there. 

I’ll say it again in case AB is reading. Sign perriman. 

• Like 2

It's one of two things, either Baker isn't healthy enough to throw the ball with accuracy or he just sucks.

He has to know he's hurting this team, how the coaching staff and trainers don't is beyond me. The guy could barely walk and we call a bootleg. Just doesn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Keenum would take 8 sacks a game, we can't afford that. I'm willing to risk Baker's well being and future contract at the expense of trying to get in the playoffs. That's what they are paid for.

I know it's popular to hate on Baker but there are a lot of top QB that have been stinking it up recently. He isn't alone. He is just the most damaged.

He couldn't even hit Njoku on a 2 yard pass without sailing it. I like Baker, but we're going nowhere this year with him behind center. He's sailing the ball time and time again. You can't convince me it's not the brace. This isn't going away, what we see is what we get... it's not good enough. It needs to be Keenum time while Baker gets an early start on surgery.

• Like 2