2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Time to bench Jarvis and Baker for a week and reevaluate after the bye.

Playing through injuries is one thing, but gimping around and being unable to make basic plays for your position is another.

Stefanski needs to remind everyone who’s in charge here.

Myles?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Should be. And 2021 Goff would have hung 28 on this defense. Fire Joe Woods.

I think this team is spiraling and they above .500

Crazy to think this team is going to be playing a meaningful game thanksgiving weekend and not aiming for a top 5 pick with the way they are acting. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My thoughts on this particular QB aside, I’m pretty certain of the following:

1. No QB is going to be capable of showcasing their ability with 4-5 injuries.

2. No QB is gonna shine with this bag of arseholes we have at WR.

3. Absolutely no one is gonna look good when both 1 and 2 are happening concurrently.

Baker is the guy next season.  That’s not my opinion, it’s fact given his contract unless there’s a blockbuster deal.  Give him some WR talent and see if he can stay healthy and let’s see what we have then.  I just don’t think there’s a lot to take away from these recent games other than the kid is tough af.

*Baker makes an awful decision..

*Apologists..." he's hurt y'know."

You noticed he didn't start actively showing a limp until the game got tight and he continued to play poor?

Rodgers claimed today he's dealing with worse than a turf toe but put on a cape for his team and almost willed a victory.

Nagging injuries are standard at this point. If Baker wasn't able to practice properly Stef would sit him. He moved well in the game today on his boots and scrambles. Ripped passes albeit not regularly on target. He demonstrates his injuries when he's playing like ****. He's not 100% but it's also obviously deflection.

Not too long ago guys on here we're saying he doesn't need elite talent to play good...now it's the cast holding him back.

The excuses for his play are out of control.

The FO is definitely going to look for an upgrade this off-season. How successful that'll be is anyone's guess but it's happening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDD said:

Myles?

Lol and all, but his QB just eff interviews, his star defensive player is calling out coaching and the big name WR is complaining about touches.

No single thing is a big deal, but combined over a 7 day span, you kinda have to wonder…

if we had 3 wins or something it would be perhaps expected, but a better than .500 record with control of your own destiny as far as playoffs?  Idk man..

I’m almost always the carrot not the stick guy, but it’s seeming like the wheels are wobbling a bit and leadership is needed and for whatever reason it’s not coming from the top it would seem.

• Like 2

Just now, JDD said:

I think this team is spiraling and they above .500

Crazy to think this team is going to be playing a meaningful game thanksgiving weekend and not aiming for a top 5 pick with the way they are acting. 

And that starts at the top. Fire Joe Woods for the defense, as he has lost accountability. Stef needs to consider relinquishing playcalling, as others have said. He's safe this year, but another year like this and I wouldn't be surprised if the golden salt n pepper boy is gone after next year; both sides of the ball are a mess and the locker room seems near lost.

Just now, BrownLeader said:

*Baker makes an awful decision..

*Apologists..." he's hurt y'know."

You noticed he didn't start actively showing a limp until the game got tight and he continued to play poor?

Rodgers claimed today he's dealing with worse than a turf toe but put on a cape for his team and almost willed a victory.

Nagging injuries are standard at this point. If Baker wasn't able to practice properly Stef would sit him. He moved well in the game today on his boots and scrambles. Ripped passes albeit not regularly on target. He demonstrates his injuries when he's playing like ****. He's not 100% but it's also obviously deflection.

Not too long ago guys on here we're saying he doesn't need elite talent to play good...now it's the cast holding him back.

The excuses for his play are out of control.

The FO is definitely going to look for an upgrade this off-season. How successful that'll be is anyone's guess but it's happening.

Are you denying he’s injured or what?  Is that really up for debate?

I think his ego is getting in the way of good decisions and his coach is enabling him.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

And that starts at the top. Fire Joe Woods for the defense, as he has lost accountability. Stef needs to consider relinquishing playcalling, as others have said. He's safe this year, but another year like this and I wouldn't be surprised if the golden salt n pepper boy is gone after next year; both sides of the ball are a mess and the locker room seems near lost.

This team looks like a group that needs a week off tbh.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

If we first Stefanski after 3 seasons I’m prolly done.

Stable, consistent leaderships starts at the top, and that’s not the HC. If you want to change HC and staff every 2-3 years, it’s never gonna work tbh.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we first Stefanski after 3 seasons I’m prolly done.

Stable, consistent leaderships starts at the top, and that’s not the HC. If you want to change HC and staff every 2-3 years, it’s never gonna work tbh.

The three seasons statement would be based on things getting worse from here. If our offense and defense look this bad or worse next year and our team leaders are near(er) mutiny but Stef is still calling plays and Woods still the guy making easy games difficult, someone's head has got to roll. Are you implying that it would be management that would need to be evaluated at that point?

If so, that very well could be worth looking at as well and may be the answer before HC. I just want to right the ship, and it looks all kinds of wrong right now. Today was terrible to watch and we honestly deserved to lose. Our defense absolutely did not play very well either, despite the low score.

Edited by NudeTayne