2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

great breakdown of baker vs the Ravens by Kurt Warner.

felt like Kurt really wanted to rip into some of the playcalls like the All Verts after the DPJ drop

Was just coming to post this. Great to see someone that actually knows what they are talking about analyze it rather than talking heads , or know it all/ overly emotional  fans. 

Edited by pscottdai

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

felt like Kurt really wanted to rip into some of the playcalls like the All Verts after the DPJ drop

The amazing part is that pretty much every play only had one guy open and Baker found those guys for the most part. Either Stef really just sucks as a playcaller--I think he does, even if we get better weapons and Baker gets healthy--or our receivers really are garbage. I think it's Stef and the receivers both. Too many teams are scheming open UDFAs at receiver. Too many teams have nobodies making tons of clutch catches. We are doing neither well. If those two things improve, I still believe healthy Baker can be elite. That video really is eye-opening. The hate is strong.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

The amazing part is that pretty much every play only had one guy open and Baker found those guys for the most part. Either Stef really just sucks as a playcaller--I think he does, even if we get better weapons and Baker gets healthy--or our receivers really are garbage. I think it's Stef and the receivers both. Too many teams are scheming open UDFAs at receiver. Too many teams have nobodies making tons of clutch catches. We are doing neither well. If those two things improve, I still believe healthy Baker can be elite. That video really is eye-opening. The hate is strong.

Excellent post but I do not see us being able to attract Medium level wide receiver besides Higgins.

That is why I am predicting round 1 wide receiver 

The development of Dpj and Schwartz is one of the worst. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It is a symphony of problems imo. The peoples jones with a big drop and others too

38 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent post but I do not see us being able to attract Medium level wide receiver besides Higgins.

That is why I am predicting round 1 wide receiver 

The development of Dpj and Schwartz is one of the worst. 

Higgins isn’t even a medium level WR. Just a jag who has chemistry with Baker but the coaches still refuse to play him. 

I really like some like Kirk from Ari. Maybe try a homerun with Mike Williams. Go after a former teammate in Dede Westbrook.

Pair one of them up with a rookie WR drafted in the first two rounds.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve never heard a good response to this question:

What offense can Baker actually do well in? You can’t just literally run play action boot every single play. Your QB has to eventually step up in a pocket and win from there.

Well, fwiw, as Kurt Warner went over in that video, if our receivers actually caught the ball (and Landry felt out the zone better on that play, did better with the direct snap etc.), we likely would have beat the Ravens in Baltimore last week with Stef's garbage system. I think Stef is one of the worst playcallers in the league so...

my short and sweet answer: most systems.

Our receiving talent and offensive play calls are garbage. 

I'm also concerned that our receivers don't seem to be developing, Landry regressing etc. It's not all Baker. If healthy, it might not even be Baker at all that is holding the offense back.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Like he knows more about QB play then the local radio guy who didn’t even watch the whole game 

• Like 3

On 12/2/2021 at 6:43 PM, candyman93 said:

I’ve never heard a good response to this question:

What offense can Baker actually do well in? You can’t just literally run play action boot every single play. Your QB has to eventually step up in a pocket and win from there.

..not with him on his take about Baker's lack of touch or that the best option is to build with him on a cheap contract...but Rollins hits on everything else here.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, BrownLeader said:

..not with him on his take about Baker's lack of touch or that the best option is to build with him on a cheap contract...but Rollins hits on everything else here.

Fantastic video. Highest pressure to sack rate in the league despite the most clean pocket time of 2.5 seconds since Stefanski took over.

Like I have said all year, empty formations to try to get coverage tells and mismatches since Baker can’t read it himself or eye manipulate.

Call him what he is: A limited average at best starting quarterback in the NFL.

• Like 4