2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Just now, MWil23 said:

Couch sucked because he was broken

Quinn sucked worse, Anderson was a pro bowler.

Anderson was good at one thing for 6 or 8 games and was exposed in his same breakout season and was terrible for the rest of his career.

We can't use why we were wrong as a way of saying why we were right. Otherwise Baker has been great this year except for the excuses for why he isn't.

We have had 0 successful QBs before Baker since 99 no matter how or why.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Lamar Jackson won an MVP a couple of years ago without any wide receivers. Funny how quarterbacks can elevate a weak cast, and he's playing lousy football right now.

Didn't he have a top-10 (now top-5) TE, though? And he's also got 95spd so is constantly making plays with his legs and opening things up in the passing game. Lamar is Lamar. There are no other players like him. Luckily he's not a better passer when his legs get taken away.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:42 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Devils advocate, but 4th year in what?  His 4th offense?  4th HC?  He’s not gonna be as far along as guys who’ve been developed properly.

"Todd and I have the same system. He brought me up in this system" - Kitchens 2018.

Small point but this always bugs me... Kitchen's offense was acquired/derived from Haley's. It wasn't a new system. That's a big part of why Kitchen's was made HC in the first place.. continuity. Baker's had 2 offensive schemes. 

4 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

"Todd and I have the same system. He brought me up in this system" - Kitchens 2018.

Small point but this always bugs me... Kitchen's offense was acquired/derived from Haley's. It wasn't a new system. That's a big part of why Kitchen's was made HC in the first place.. continuity. Baker's had 2 offensive schemes. 

You and your math lol.  Does Freddie have the same system as Haley and Stefanski too?  

He had 4 guys calling plays in at least 3 different systems in his first 3 seasons.

4 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Also..the garbage WRs thing is such a goal post move. No one was talking about crap WRs before Baker started playing mediocre again. 

Ah, so you’re saying our WR are definitely good enough to expect to win with?  Because either your saying they’re just fine and plenty talented to succeed/excel with, or it’s not just moving the goal posts, it’s an actual reason.

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Which one of our receivers is good? An injured Jarvis Landry?

I agree with this completely. I also want an answer as to what changed from last year to this year with the same group of weapons that we were able to excel with, not to mention the first few weeks of the season when OBJ was hurt and we were doing well.

20 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Don't worry; I should be here for the majority of Sunday's Baltimore game wondering what the excuses are going to be this Sunday when Baker still has zero members of a wide receiver core available. 

Don't worry; I should be here for the majority of Sunday's Baltimore game wondering what the excuses are going to be this Sunday when Baker still has the same weapons that he excelled with last year down the stretch who are now apparently completely washed 8 months later.

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Lamar Jackson won an MVP a couple of years ago without any wide receivers. Funny how quarterbacks can elevate a weak cast, and he's playing lousy football right now.

Well when you add in 1206 rushing yards and 7TD's..BEFORE you get to your RB position totals......that's easy to do

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Well when you add in 1206 rushing yards and 7TD's..BEFORE you get to your RB position totals......that's easy to do

You're 100% right, but at the same time, this past Sunday, I watched him with 1 timeout and under 2 minutes remaining lead his team the length of the field and throw a TD pass, and there was close to zero doubt in my mind he was going to do it...and he's been playing AWFUL football for 5+ weeks...but he has that capability. Baker has been essentially 0 for the season in similar situations with arguably a better supporting cast.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You're 100% right, but at the same time, this past Sunday, I watched him with 1 timeout and under 2 minutes remaining lead his team the length of the field and throw a TD pass, and there was close to zero doubt in my mind he was going to do it...and he's been playing AWFUL football for 5+ weeks...but he has that capability. Baker has been essentially 0 for the season in similar situations with arguably a better supporting cast.

Better RBs, 100%. Better OL, yes, although our OT play has been shaky this year due to injuries.

WR and TE? Baltimore's are definitely better.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You and your math lol.  Does Freddie have the same system as Haley and Stefanski too?  

He had 4 guys calling plays in at least 3 different systems in his first 3 seasons.

Ah, so you’re saying our WR are definitely good enough to expect to win with?  Because either your saying they’re just fine and plenty talented to succeed/excel with, or it’s not just moving the goal posts, it’s an actual reason.

Your in good voice

I believe are group right now is lowest in yards,catches,and tds

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And Coach Jackson......had his own offense......not a good one....but he had one.....so technically isnt that 4 systems and 5 guys calling plays?