Predict the 2021 NFL Season

SteelKing728

Tempting but I think I need Rodgers/Watson situations to clear up. I definitely wouldn't want to go through all 18 weeks on two separate occasions, that would be way too time consuming. 

Watson/Rodgers make a big difference. Watson on the Texans possibly makes that team 6-11/7-10. Without Watson, they are a solid 2-15.

With Rodgers, the Packers are 13-4 and win the Super Bowl. With Jordan Love's first year starting, they are 9-8 and no playoff berth. 

Decided to do it anyways, this is if Watson and Rodgers stay on their teams. If Watson is off the Texans, I really do think they are 1-16/2-15 worst team in the NFL type stuff. 

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL?L=Iw4JjcuzRDKOvetV1LCcEZZ9JNcY5PKNU5XGasrTGlJZ0qnc9l-JmbVSkXIF8FEsX4DwABiA

Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-2-55-31-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-2-55-36-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-2-55-46-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-2-55-56-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-3-04-06-PM.png

Few interesting tidbits:

- Have been sticking to a Packers over Dolphins Super Bowl for 2021. I may change it before the season starts, but pretty firm on it for now. 

- Jaguars start 3-0 and finish 4-13. Lot of close games though IMO. This team could easily go 7-10. 

- 49ers start 9-0, finish 4-4 (13-4). Lose first round of the playoffs to the Rams. I think the Rams D will dominate Jimmy, and Trey Lance makes his debut closing the gap on the Rams score, but a little too late. Lance cements himself as 2022 starter. 

- Browns go 9-0 at the Dawg Pound, the first team to ever do so. A horrendous 2-7 road record though (playoffs included). 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Tempting but I think I need Rodgers/Watson situations to clear up. I definitely wouldn't want to go through all 18 weeks on two separate occasions, that would be way too time consuming. 

Watson/Rodgers make a big difference. Watson on the Texans possibly makes that team 6-11/7-10. Without Watson, they are a solid 2-15.

With Rodgers, the Packers are 13-4 and win the Super Bowl. With Jordan Love's first year starting, they are 9-8 and no playoff berth. 

Wait don't you predict GB to win it all every year?

• Like 1

I have the Rams winning it all over the Chiefs. Both are 1st seeds.

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL?L=IwhM+UAZU2QbCDKsepbljjn9FN5slS10VyDdNLxa97Vi9nKQZj7u2CjZOjFMlLZhFVo2rTczEuPJ0oQA

I think the Rams could be the NFL's powerhouse this year. Bucs and Ravens are the 2nd seeds. I personally don't agree with everything, but I just point and click on which team I think will win most weeks with me picking a few upsets along the way. I think Rodgers stays with Green Bay, but I didn't have Watson playing which is why Houston has that 3-14 record. I also think I underrated the Bengals a lot in this because I think they win more than 2 games looking back. 

I also feel strongly about the AFC East being a tough division. I think the Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots will be fighting all season for a spot up top, with the Jets not quite being as bad as last year, but still not winning anymore than say 4 to 5 games at the very best. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Wait don't you predict GB to win it all every year?

I actually had TB over KC last year. Not to toot my own horn or anything, usually don’t hit a pre-season SB pick (most don’t). And also had Minnesota winning the division (whoops). And had Green Bay missing the playoffs at 9-7 (another whoops). 

I think I have predicted Green Bay a number of times, yes, guilty, but every year is definitely an exaggeration (no offense). I think I had Packers over Chiefs in 2019. Probably picked Packers maybe 4 times in the decade, just don’t remember which years. I think 2011, 2015, 2017, 2019 but I could definitely be wrong. Think I had Saints > Pats 2018. 

Looks like I’m on an every other year Packer basis, which means the Vikings will win the Super Bowl this year. 

• Like 1

Bucs vs Browns in SB 56. Browns lose a 17-3 halftime lead as Bucs win 2nd straight super bowl 35 - 27. 

MVP Tom Brady 4800+ yds, 44 TDs 9 ints

OROY: Jamar Chase 94 rec 1300yds 13 Tds

DPOY: Myles Garrett 21 sacks

Best Record NFC: Bucs 15-2

Best Record AFC: Browns 14-3

• Like 1

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/CustomLeague/SchedulePicker/D4CA92D4-BA81-4A0F-A1AD-FC5F5D1C1D64/?L=IwhMudJasqKPsiMGztMW2vuTZMQgmHbMuK3FS02pdY+x1NrR3Pcpip7ykXb5ignPTIZhbTgAYgA&c=cgm:1|tnptlw:true

I’m a homer so the playoffs are going to reflect that. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Edit: Rodgers goes to Denver, Julio goes to Tennessee, and Watson sits out for the season- refuses to play for the Texans and the Texans pray that he decides to eventually return to the team instead of trading him....

Edited by diamondbull424

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

You assume Rodgers goes to Denver?

On 5/19/2021 at 5:09 PM, BayRaider said:

Decided to do it anyways, this is if Watson and Rodgers stay on their teams. If Watson is off the Texans, I really do think they are 1-16/2-15 worst team in the NFL type stuff. 

They were 4-12 WITH Watson. So a two game swing is asking a lot in an improved division.

On 5/19/2021 at 7:53 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

I have the Rams winning it all over the Chiefs. Both are 1st seeds.

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL?L=IwhM+UAZU2QbCDKsepbljjn9FN5slS10VyDdNLxa97Vi9nKQZj7u2CjZOjFMlLZhFVo2rTczEuPJ0oQA

I think the Rams could be the NFL's powerhouse this year. Bucs and Ravens are the 2nd seeds. I personally don't agree with everything, but I just point and click on which team I think will win most weeks with me picking a few upsets along the way. I think Rodgers stays with Green Bay, but I didn't have Watson playing which is why Houston has that 3-14 record. I also think I underrated the Bengals a lot in this because I think they win more than 2 games looking back. 

I also feel strongly about the AFC East being a tough division. I think the Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots will be fighting all season for a spot up top, with the Jets not quite being as bad as last year, but still not winning anymore than say 4 to 5 games at the very best. 

Always been a fan of your work

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You assume Rodgers goes to Denver?

Yeah. Though if he goes elsewhere, perhaps I’ll revise.

Just feels like Denver and that burgeoning offense would be where he’d prefer to go.

Its an offense/division that could enhance his legacy, they weren’t all that due to terrible QBing, injuries, and youth... yet the tools are all there for them to be an explosive top 5 offense in the league. Throw in that he’d have to go through Mahomes if he goes to the SB and that IMO would be about as much as he could do to improve his all time standing.

EDIT: I’d probably also be remiss if I didn’t point out that I have the Titans trading for Julio Jones, hence their uptick in destructive force. If I weren’t a homer, I’d probably pick that squad to win the SB.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1