Predict the 2021 NFL Season

SteelKing728

14 minutes ago, Chargers said:

+ a not so great 2022 QB draft =

It. IS. The. Worst.

Eh. I like Spencer Rattler. He's not Trevor Lawrence, but not many are.

Granted... he might return to Oklahoma for the '22 season to avoid the Texans.

So, there's that.

I'm an old school guy and like to write down my game by game predictions for the season and keep them to look back on, so I can't share a link. But here is how I have each division shaking out

Note - These are my predictions under my expectations that Watson doesn't play this upcoming season for the Texans, and Rodgers does play for the Packers starting week 1. 

AFC

NORTH 

1. Ravens - 12-5

2. Browns - 10-7

3. Steelers - 9-8

4. Bengals - 4-13

EAST

1. Bills - 12-5

2. Dolphins - 10-7

3. Patriots - 8-9

4. Jets - 3-14

SOUTH

1. Titans - 12-5

2. Colts - 10-7

3. Jaguars - 4-13

4. Texans - 1-16

WEST

1. Chiefs - 15-2

2. Raiders - 10-7

3. Chargers - 9-8

4. Broncos - 5-12

NFC

NORTH

1. Packers - 13-4

2. Bears - 9-8

3. Vikings - 5-12

4. Lions - 2-15

EAST

1. Football Team - 10-7

2. Giants - 9-8

3. Cowboys - 8-9

4. Eagles - 6-11

SOUTH

1. Buccaneers - 14-3

2. Saints - 10-7

3. Falcons - 6-11

4. Panthers - 4-13

WEST

1. Rams - 12-5

2. 49ers - 12-5

3. Seahawks - 11-6

4. Cardinals - 7-10

PLAYOFFS 

Wild Card

Bills (4) over Colts (5) - 35-26

Ravens (2) over Dolphins (7) - 27-20

Titans (3) over Raiders (6) - 33-26

Packers (2) over Saints (7) - 38-28

Rams (3) over Seahawks (6) - 23-17

49ers (5) over Football Team (5) 20-16

Divisional Round

Chiefs (1) over Bills (4) - 40-30

Titans (3) over Ravens (2) 27-24

Rams (3) over Packers (2) - 35-30

Buccaneers (1) over 49ers (5) 27-21

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Chiefs (1) over Titans (3) - 38-24

Rams (3) over Buccaneers (1) - 21-20

SUPER BOWL

Chiefs 31

Rams 28

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

I'm an old school guy and like to write down my game by game predictions for the season and keep them to look back on, so I can't share a link. But here is how I have each division shaking out

Note - These are my predictions under my expectations that Watson doesn't play this upcoming season for the Texans, and Rodgers does play for the Packers starting week 1. 

AFC

NORTH 

1. Ravens - 12-5

2. Browns - 10-7

3. Steelers - 9-8

4. Bengals - 4-13

EAST

1. Bills - 12-5

2. Dolphins - 10-7

3. Patriots - 8-9

4. Jets - 3-14

SOUTH

1. Titans - 12-5

2. Colts - 10-7

3. Jaguars - 4-13

4. Texans - 1-16

WEST

1. Chiefs - 15-2

2. Raiders - 10-7

3. Chargers - 9-8

4. Broncos - 5-12

NFC

NORTH

1. Packers - 13-4

2. Bears - 9-8

3. Vikings - 5-12

4. Lions - 2-15

EAST

1. Football Team - 10-7

2. Giants - 9-8

3. Cowboys - 8-9

4. Eagles - 6-11

SOUTH

1. Buccaneers - 14-3

2. Saints - 10-7

3. Falcons - 6-11

4. Panthers - 4-13

WEST

1. Rams - 12-5

2. 49ers - 12-5

3. Seahawks - 11-6

4. Cardinals - 7-10

PLAYOFFS 

Wild Card

Bills (4) over Colts (5) - 35-26

Ravens (2) over Dolphins (7) - 27-20

Titans (3) over Raiders (6) - 33-26

Packers (2) over Saints (7) - 38-28

Rams (3) over Seahawks (6) - 23-17

49ers (5) over Football Team (5) 20-16

Divisional Round

Chiefs (1) over Bills (4) - 40-30

Titans (3) over Ravens (2) 27-24

Rams (3) over Packers (2) - 35-30

Buccaneers (1) over 49ers (5) 27-21

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Chiefs (1) over Titans (3) - 38-24

Rams (3) over Buccaneers (1) - 21-20

SUPER BOWL

Chiefs 31

Rams 28

AFC Championship appearance with a win over the Ravens. I’ll take that everyday and twice on Sunday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

AFC Championship appearance with a win over the Ravens. I’ll take that everyday and twice on Sunday.

Yeah I'm pretty high on the Titans coming into the season. Not really a shock because they have taken a decent amount of guys in the draft that I was very high on (I loved AJ Brown, I had Fulton as my #2 CB last season, Simmons was a guy I was ready to call the steal of the draft immediately after, same can be said this season with Farley (a top 10 overall player for me, and I liked Harold Landry a lot too), and Tannehill was someone I loved and thought could be a much better Qb than most believed he was if put in a better situation (he's still probably been a little better than I even imagined).

It really comes down to thinking AJ Brown takes yet another step this year and becomes an elite WR, paired with Henry who is one of the very best backs, tone setter, mentally exhausting to play against players I have ever personally witnessed. I think those guys, with the type of play Tannehill will give you that's steady, a really good OL, and a defense that I think will be much improved over last season, creates a formula that wins a lot of games and is a tough out in the playoffs. I'm betting a lot of that on the development of the young guys like Brown, Simmons, Farley, Fulton, etc, but I also think Bud Dupree with Harold Landry, Autry, and Simmons can be a DL that causes a lot of problems and helps the young back end step their game up. 

• 1 month later...

I predict that 2021 will be the last season with the current divisional alignment.

Several teams will be moved to more geographically appropriate divisions in 2022 - such as Dallas to the NFC South. They'd be in the same division as Tom Brady (by way of the Buccaneers), who is a more marketable name than any QB on the Giants, Eagles, or WFT.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 7:42 PM, pf9 said:

I predict that 2021 will be the last season with the current divisional alignment.

Several teams will be moved to more geographically appropriate divisions in 2022 - such as Dallas to the NFC South. They'd be in the same division as Tom Brady (by way of the Buccaneers), who is a more marketable name than any QB on the Giants, Eagles, or WFT.

Dallas will stay in the NFC East until current ownership dies. 

J

Geographically speaking, the Cowboys shouldn't be in the NFC East. It's one of my biggest pet peeves with the NFL alignment. Dallas is only an Eastern city in the loosest sense - that defining the Eastern US as the Eastern and Central Time Zones (a definition that is mostly used for commercial purposes, like TV broadcasting). This would put part of Texas, which observes Mountain Time, in the West.

Geographically and culturally, Dallas would be a better fit with Atlanta, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay (the latter only geographically, since that area has a lot of transplants from the North). Furthermore, New Orleans is in a state that borders Texas.

Sure not getting to play the Giants, Eagles, and Washington twice a year anymore would disappoint many fans. But right now Tampa Bay is the main attraction in the NFC South as they have Tom Brady as their QB - which as I previously said is more marketable than any QB in the NFC East.

And with time, the Falcons, Saints, and Bucs will be accepted as the Cowboys' chief rivals.

AFC;

1.  KC (15-2)

2. BAL (13-4)

3. BUF (12-5)

4. TEN (11-6)

5. CLE (13-4)

6. LAC (10-7)

7. NE (9-8)

CG: KC beats BAL

NFC

1. LAR (14-3)

2. TB (12-5)

3. WAS (10-7)

4. GB (10-7)

5. SF (12-5)

6. SEA (11-6)

7. NO (9-8)

CG: LAR beat TB

Superbowl: LAR 28 - 21 KC

* the above won't happen.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:10 PM, pf9 said:

Geographically speaking, the Cowboys shouldn't be in the NFC East. It's one of my biggest pet peeves with the NFL alignment. Dallas is only an Eastern city in the loosest sense - that defining the Eastern US as the Eastern and Central Time Zones (a definition that is mostly used for commercial purposes, like TV broadcasting). This would put part of Texas, which observes Mountain Time, in the West.

Geographically and culturally, Dallas would be a better fit with Atlanta, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay (the latter only geographically, since that area has a lot of transplants from the North). Furthermore, New Orleans is in a state that borders Texas.

Sure not getting to play the Giants, Eagles, and Washington twice a year anymore would disappoint many fans. But right now Tampa Bay is the main attraction in the NFC South as they have Tom Brady as their QB - which as I previously said is more marketable than any QB in the NFC East.

And with time, the Falcons, Saints, and Bucs will be accepted as the Cowboys' chief rivals.

It’s only right - geographically speaking - to get the Ravens in a division with the Jets, Eagles, and Washington. I support geographic realignment!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

AFC;

1.  KC (15-2)

2. BAL (13-4)

3. BUF (12-5)

4. TEN (11-6)

5. CLE (13-4)

6. LAC (10-7)

7. NE (9-8)

CG: KC beats BAL

NFC

1. LAR (14-3)

2. TB (12-5)

3. WAS (10-7)

4. NO (10-7)

5. SF (12-5)

6. SEA (11-6)

7. PHI (9-8)

CG: LAR beat TB

Superbowl: LAR 28 - 21 KC

* the above won't happen.

I hope you are right. That’s the Superbowl match I’ve been wanting to see since the MNF classic. What better way to have it but back in LA on the Rams home field again but this time in their true home stadium that being Sofi Stadium and not the LA Coliseum.

I am 100% certain this won't happen.

I'm 200% certain this isn't going to happen.

• Like 6

On 7/18/2021 at 1:42 AM, pf9 said:

So they're going to move the Cowboys to the NFC South to take advantage of what, 2-3 years of Tom Brady?

Why did the Colts always remain in the AFC South despite not being a Southern team in any way? Surely the league would've wanted to see Manning vs Brady twice a year every year? 

The NFL is going to choose "culture" and the temporary marketing potential of Cowboys vs Brady over the marketing potential of decades-long NFC East rivalries?  

• Like 1