Vontaze being Vontaze

Carson4MVP

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

More of a push than a kick.  Especially considering the guy was trying to "fall" on Burfict for the 2nd time after the whistle had blown.

Not sure where you see the guy 'fall' on Burfict.  It looked like the Steelers FB Nix was just moving Burfict off of his RB Bell.  Perfectly normal thing for a player to do.  You see 2-3 guys on top of your RB, you move them so your guy can get up.  Nix didn't even shove Burfict, just moved him a bit.  I have no love for the Steelers but Burfict was in the wrong here.  Nix did a good job of finding Burfict and making it a tough day for him.  Burfict needs to grow up and not do dumb stuff just because he's frustrated on the field.  I don't think he'll get a suspension for this, but I won't mind if he does.  Marvin Lewis will never punish him so the NFL has to do it for him...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Not sure where you see the guy 'fall' on Burfict.  It looked like the Steelers FB Nix was just moving Burfict off of his RB Bell.  Perfectly normal thing for a player to do.  You see 2-3 guys on top of your RB, you move them so your guy can get up.  Nix didn't even shove Burfict, just moved him a bit.  I have no love for the Steelers but Burfict was in the wrong here.  Nix did a good job of finding Burfict and making it a tough day for him.  Burfict needs to grow up and not do dumb stuff just because he's frustrated on the field.  I don't think he'll get a suspension for this, but I won't mind if he does.  Marvin Lewis will never punish him so the NFL has to do it for him...

That would be the ticky tackiest suspension ever.  If they start suspending for every shove (which is basically what this is, just with the feet), no team could field a roster.

Can we all just let this go now?  Who freaking cares about a little push?

17 minutes ago, theJ said:

That would be the ticky tackiest suspension ever.  If they start suspending for every shove (which is basically what this is, just with the feet), no team could field a roster.

I agree.  I don't think he should be suspended, but I'm not going to get angry if he is.  I thought the preseason suspension was BS, that was a 'football' play.  I'm not a fan of 'none' football plays, like kicking a guy.  Dude needs to grow up...

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Agreed.  More "Much ado about Nothin" than Shakepeare could create on his own.

He pushed Nix off with his feet.  End of story

On 10/23/2017 at 5:05 PM, ochocinco4pres said:

Katie Terrell said the NFL has stated they will not be suspending Burfict for this. 

Good.  Would have been weakest suspension ever.  Repeat offender or no, hardly had a chance to cause any sort of injury, short of a scrape requiring a cool batman bandaid.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:57 PM, theJ said:

Good.  Would have been weakest suspension ever.  Repeat offender or no, hardly had a chance to cause any sort of injury, short of a scrape requiring a cool batman bandaid.

Agree it would be the weakest suspension ever, just wish that he'd grow the $#&÷ up and stop putting the team in situations where he could get suspended. Helluva player, just dumber than a box of rocks.

So I am just driving home listening to the radio and the national sportswriter guy is talking about the Kiko Alonso hit on Flacco and how he didn't think it was intentional. He then went on to say that if it was Burfict, he would think it was intentional because of his history of cheap shotting qbs and should be suspended for it. I think I need to just stop listening to sports radio. The hypocrisy is killing me. Maybe I will get a Taylor Swift CD for the car.

6 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

So I am just driving home listening to the radio and the national sportswriter guy is talking about the Kiko Alonso hit on Flacco and how he didn't think it was intentional. He then went on to say that if it was Burfict, he would think it was intentional because of his history of cheap shotting qbs and should be suspended for it. I think I need to just stop listening to sports radio. The hypocrisy is killing me. Maybe I will get a Taylor Swift CD for the car.

I stopped a long time ago.  For some reason, my overall disposition improved.  Causation/Correlation????

1 minute ago, Beck Bristow said:

And now that Columbus has two FM stations, I usually just flip between the two. I might be a masochist.  I mean, I am a Bengals fan.

yea..me too, but I don't even turn 97.1 on until it's the local guys... and I like all of the shows..

Common Man and T-Bone is the great....but Bobby C. is my favorite person on any of the shows....

Archived