Vontaze being Vontaze

Carson4MVP

1 minute ago, Beck Bristow said:

Bobby is pretty great. 

Common man isn't my favorite, but I listen to them. They have a new afternoon show on 105.7 that isn't bad. I think I keep flipping hoping they will talk about the Bengals, but it never happens.

ha ha.. only to make fun of them or if Burfict does something

they do talk about them when they are good though...hell T-bone picked them to go to the Super Bowl last year (so it's his fault we sucked)

15 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

So I am just driving home listening to the radio and the national sportswriter guy is talking about the Kiko Alonso hit on Flacco and how he didn't think it was intentional. He then went on to say that if it was Burfict, he would think it was intentional because of his history of cheap shotting qbs and should be suspended for it. I think I need to just stop listening to sports radio. The hypocrisy is killing me. Maybe I will get a Taylor Swift CD for the car.

He has EARNED that reputation though, no? It's not like they said that if Geno or Iloka did it they would gave thought it was intentional... When a guy is repeatedly cheap shotting people or intentionally trying to hurt people, they lose the benefit of doubt. I don't see anything wrong with someone saying that about VB. He's earned that reputation. 

I somewhat agree with @Carson4MVP.  I would probably defend Vontaze but because of all the non-football stuff (like kicking Nix, twisting ankles, flops, stepping on people, etc...), I don't blame others for quickly blaming him.  He did this to himself and still can't help himself. 

Vontaze and Suh are #1 and #2 on the sore losers list.  Those guys just can't handle losing or things not going their way...

1 hour ago, Carson4MVP said:

He has EARNED that reputation though, no? It's not like they said that if Geno or Iloka did it they would gave thought it was intentional... When a guy is repeatedly cheap shotting people or intentionally trying to hurt people, they lose the benefit of doubt. I don't see anything wrong with someone saying that about VB. He's earned that reputation. 

Yes, however pretty much any defender spearing a sliding player is doing it on purpose. Don't buy the "can't react in time bs". They see the qb starting his slide by body motion (slowing down, leaning back) before they actually slide. It's no coincidence he hit his head. A LB isn't going to go for a qbs knees when he can take him full in the chest. He saw the slide, adjusted, and made sure he hit flacco on the way down. 

If vontaze ever does the same, he'd be doing it on purpose too. 

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Yes, however pretty much any defender spearing a sliding player is doing it on purpose. Don't buy the "can't react in time bs". They see the qb starting his slide by body motion (slowing down, leaning back) before they actually slide. It's no coincidence he hit his head. A LB isn't going to go for a qbs knees when he can take him full in the chest. He saw the slide, adjusted, and made sure he hit flacco on the way down. 

If vontaze ever does the same, he'd be doing it on purpose too. 

I agree with you. No reason to hit a sliding QB ever. You can't tell me you couldn't react in time if you are reacting by hitting low. I was just saying Burfict is reaping what he has sowed with the media and leagues reaction to everything he does. If he isn't THE dirtiest player in the game, he is certainly in the discussion...

18 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

To a degree.  He's way to careless and needs to be more aware that he is a target of the league.  But a lot of what is held against him are things that he was only flagged or fined due to his reputation.  It's snowballed on him.  Regardless, he should play smarter, since he won't get the benefit of the doubt.   My main issue, is this guy straight up admitted that it was a clean play, but if it was Burfict it would be dirty.  Which is basically the way the league treats him.  Also, apparently there have been many cheap shots on qb's, except I don't recall any of those.

Just now, Beck Bristow said:

To a degree.  He's way to careless and needs to be more aware that he is a target of the league.  But a lot of what is held against him are things that he was only flagged or fined due to his reputation.  It's snowballed on him.  Regardless, he should play smarter, since he won't get the benefit of the doubt.   My main issue, is this guy straight up admitted that it was a clean play, but if it was Burfict it would be dirty.  Which is basically the way the league treats him.  Also, apparently there have been many cheap shots on qb's, except I don't recall any of those.

The only QB "cheap shot" i remember was him twisting Cam's ankle like 3 or 4 years ago.  Otherwise it's mostly just hard hits to the heads of WR's.

5 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Ben Whined when he got hit a bit low, but there wasn't much to it

Archived