Who is most irreplaceable player on each team? (non QB)

dll2000

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

No one can fill Gilmore’s role as a shutdown CB effectively.

That Gilmore is a shutdown/lockdown corner anymore is an assumption. JC Jackson isn't perfect but the drop off between he and Gilly is so much less than between Hightower and whoever else would be his replacement.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

That Gilmore is a shutdown/lockdown corner anymore is an assumption. JC Jackson isn't perfect but the drop off between he and Gilly is so much less than between Hightower and whoever else would be his replacement.

Negative, I have much more faith in KVN, Judon, Uche, and Wino filling in spots as LBs/edge/blitzers than I do JC playing as a shut down CB. 

Gilmore was that guy when healthy. I’m basing my opinion of him based off of that, not perceived regression that may have occurred between covid/quad injury. 

tebowmay10-585x390.jpg&f=1&nofb=1+

Hahaha.  Just kidding.  Even I won't go that far.  :D

Actually, for the Jaguars I don't really think there is a player outside of Trevor Lawrence who has earned the designation of "irreplacable."  If I had to venture a guess, I'd probably say it was one of our interior offensive linemen. 

Our tackles are merely "OK."  LT Cam Robinson was franchised this season, but we have a rookie in Walker Little who I think is going to be very good, so Robinson could be expendable at the end of the season.

On the defensive side of the ball, I'm really hoping things will start coming together for DE Josh Allen, now that he has a little experience and some decent coaching this year.  I'd say the same for K'Lavon Chaisson, although he is a little behind Allen in his development.

Coming off a 1-15 season, we don't have a roster with too many true stars.  Hopefully, that will change over the next couple of years.  

For the 49ers I'm actually torn. I wanted to say Nick Bosa as I feel an edge player is way more important than a tight end, but George Kittle in Kyle Shanahan's offense is so vital to how the run game operates in addition to making the pass game work (assuming you have a competent QB). It didn't help that the 49ers still fielded a fringe top ten defensive unit without Bosa last year. 

1 hour ago, Letsch80 said:

Marlon Humphrey

I was leaning Ronnie Stanley after the OBJ trade but this is a good pick too. Marcus Peters is the PERFECT #2 CB in that he’s a risk/reward guy with all the turnovers but he’s afforded the luxury to gamble like that without really hurting the team because we have a legit CB1 on the other side in Humphrey. 

If Humphrey isn’t there, Peters’ gambles probably end up being way more detrimental to the defense and team as a whole imo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I was leaning Ronnie Stanley after the OBJ trade but this is a good pick too. Marcus Peters is the PERFECT #2 CB in that he’s a risk/reward guy with all the turnovers but he’s afforded the luxury to gamble like that without really hurting the team because we have a legit CB1 on the other side in Humphrey. 

If Humphrey isn’t there, Peters’ gambles probably end up being way more detrimental to the defense and team as a whole imo

Completely agree with what you just said! I will also add that his versatility goes overlooked, he can match up with any teams top pass catcher no matter where they line up. Having a versatile player like that that plays at an All Pro level is irreplaceable!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

It was Gilmore by a longshot but he might have dropped off.

It might be Wynn now. He could be an All-Pro left tackle but so far has had serious issues staying healthy.

I think we all saw last year that the answer is Dont'a Hightower.