Official FootballsFuture 1-32 QB Rankings - Preliminary Round (Future Tournament)

BayRaider

On 6/9/2021 at 11:23 PM, Matts4313 said:
On 6/9/2021 at 10:47 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

pff is awful. Tannehill being only 12th is unjustifiable.

Did you see that graphic that PFF put out 2-3 days ago? Tanny over the past 30 (?) games has statistically outplayed Mahomes in every major stat but yards.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:27 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

and yet they put him at 12th.

pff is a joke.

I know these posts are old but I just read it so it's new to me.

Nacho, your unwavering amount of loyalty to Tannehill at this point makes me feel obligated to ask for your address so that I personally can buy you some Tanny merch and have it sent to you. Your level of commitment to a former player is on Mission/Barkely levels, and it's admiral and inspiring at the same time.

All jokes aside tho. I do always appreciate fans like this who still back and support former players from their favorite teams who they believe in. Because alot of times you get fans who will fight tooth and nail for a player WHILE they are ON their favorite team but then downplay it and talk bad the minute they leave. So I do respect that 100%.

• Like 3

1. Brady 

Is certainly the best player in the game and the top 2 best American Athlete in history and is still the best QB in the league. 

2. Patrick Mahomes

Not anywhere near Brady but I would put him into the pretty good category at the moment

3. Aaron Rodgers

Is also in the pretty good category but not quite elite. He moments in which he looks average

4. Russell Wilson

Is not quite elite but still better than most QBs

5. Watson

Just going off QB play only

6. Allen

Has potential to be higher but we will see. 

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Watson

4. Brady

5. Wilson

6. Allen

7. Prescott

8. Stafford

9. Herbert

10. Jackson

11. Tannehill

12. Ryan

13. Burrow

14. Cousins

15. Carr

16. Murray

17. Mayfield

18. Roethlisberger

19. Garoppolo

20. Fitzpatrick

21. Hurts

22. Tagovailoa

23. Dalton

24. Wentz

25. Lock

26. Newton

27. Winston

28. Hurts

29. Goff

30. Darnold

31. Bridgewater

32. Trubisky

• Like 3

On 5/20/2021 at 8:35 PM, BayRaider said:

Ok, after some suggestions, we are going to take all subjectivity out of this upcoming Tournament for QB’s. Let me explain how this will work. I think it has been long overdue that FootballsFuture has some kind of consensus Top 32 QB Rankings as it seems everyone is a Top 10 QB according to fans on here sometimes. I’ve heard almost every QB on here mentioned as a Top 10 guy lol. So it’ll be nice to actually have a consensus to point to (not that it’s a end-all, be-all or anything). 

This will be open for 15 days. It will close on or around June 4th. 

How It Works:

- You will rank your Top 32 QB’s in the NFL. This can be Starters, Rookies, Backups, whatever you like. As long as they are in the NFL, and currently on a team (not a Free Agent). 

- 1st Ranked on your list will receive 32 points. The 2nd Ranked will receive 31 points. The 32nd on your list will receive 1 point. I’m sure you get the idea. 

- After 15 days, all points will be calculated between all posters and we will have a consensus Top 32 List. 

- 17-32 on the list will be cemented and the Official 17-32 for FootballsFuture. 

- 1-16 will be taken to a Tournament Format. It will be the exact seeding as the points. There will be a Normal Bracket and a Loser Bracket for each round, to decide every spot on the Top 16. 

- After the Tournament concludes, there will be another thread called FootballsFuture Official Consensus Top 32 QB’s. 

- We will repeat every two years (I think every year is too much and not a lot changes). 

I do ask that people not try to game the system. If you have Josh Allen as your Top QB, I’m not gonna believe you and think you’re gaming the system, but I will still count it because it is still actually arguable. However, if you have a list where Trevor Lawrence is #1, obviously you are trolling and I think most would agree that is not going to be counted, just common sense judgment. 

Ranking Criteria: 

- You are ranking who you think is the best right now going into 2021. This is not about weighing careers. A simple way to explain it is, if you had the #1 pick in a draft (NOT fantasy), and this league’s season is ONE season long and nothing after that, who are you picking as your QB to try to win the Super Bowl? Which guy do you think is the best at this moment in time? 

- Also, I understand ranking rookies is difficult. Some of it is Rookie Year projection (definitely not career projection). And some of it is just ranking them ahead of known-bad QB’s but behind proven QB’s. Some people rank Rookies dead last for not even playing yet, and while I disagree with that, that’s totally fine. 

Please format your rankings vertically and in an organized structure, otherwise your list will not be counted.

Thanks and have fun. 

When we starting this tourney?

On 7/29/2021 at 11:14 PM, Matts4313 said:

Since Watson has been moved to practice squad safety, do we still consider him a QB for the 2021 season?

@BayRaider => what happened to your thread?

Still think you’re misunderstanding the thread. It’s who you think the best QB’s are right now. You aren’t predicting 2021 outcomes. 

23 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Mahomes
Rodgers
Brady
Allen
Watson
Wilson
Tannehill
Prescott
Herbert
Ryan
Stafford
Jackson
Mayfield
Carr
Cousins
Burrow
Roethlisberger
Lawrence
Murray
Garoppolo
Fitzpatrick
Lock
Wilson
Lance
Fields
Darnold
Tago
D. Jones
Newton

Wentz
Trubisky
Goff

pretty good. I would Jackson 3-4 spots higher but otherwise not much disagreement.