Official FootballsFuture 1-32 QB Rankings - Preliminary Round (Future Tournament)

BayRaider

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Deshaun Watson
4. Russell Wilson
5.  Josh Allen
6. Lamar Jackson
7. Brady
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Matt Ryan
10. Justin Herbert
11. Joe Burrow
12. Dak Prescott
13. Ryan Tanehill
14. Baker Mayfield
15. Carson Wentz
16. Trevor Lawrence
17. Derek Carr
18. Kirk Cousins
19. Kyler Murray
20. Jameis Winston
21. Jimmy G
22. Ryan Fitzpatrick
23. Jalen Hurts
24. Mitchell Trubisky
25. Tua Tagavailoa
26. Jared Goff
27. Daniel Jones
28. Zach Wilson
29. Teddy Bridgewater
30. Drew Lock
31. Justin Fields
32. Sam Darnold

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Therefore Watson should be included. 

"If you had the #1 pick in a draft (NOT fantasy), and this league’s season is ONE season long and nothing after that, who are you picking as your QB to try to win the Super Bowl? Which guy do you think is the best at this moment in time?"

Then drop Davis Mills from my list, move Darnold and Lock up 1 space, and slot Watson in as my 32nd ranked QB due to the following reasons for non-trolling clarity:

1. He won't play this ONE season. The best ability is availability, but you said he should be included. 

2.  Another bit ot the criteria explicitly states:  "This is not about weighing careers."

As such, I don't care what Deshaun Watson has done throughout his career, he's not playing this year, and thus would I would not draft him to win the Super Bowl. 

Right now, at this moment in time, there isn't a QB on a roster I wouldn't take over Deshaun Watson, because he isn't going to be available to do a single thint. But if he must be ranked, I want him at 32 and I'm dead serious about it, no trolling.

29 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

"If you had the #1 pick in a draft (NOT fantasy), and this league’s season is ONE season long and nothing after that, who are you picking as your QB to try to win the Super Bowl? Which guy do you think is the best at this moment in time?"

Then drop Davis Mills from my list, move Darnold and Lock up 1 space, and slot Watson in as my 32nd ranked QB due to the following reasons for non-trolling clarity:

1. He won't play this ONE season. The best ability is availability, but you said he should be included. 

2.  Another bit ot the criteria explicitly states:  "This is not about weighing careers."

As such, I don't care what Deshaun Watson has done throughout his career, he's not playing this year, and thus would I would not draft him to win the Super Bowl. 

Right now, at this moment in time, there isn't a QB on a roster I wouldn't take over Deshaun Watson, because he isn't going to be available to do a single thint. But if he must be ranked, I want him at 32 and I'm dead serious about it, no trolling.

I don’t agree with your stance here, I think you are getting too technical with the “might play” or “might not play”. Imagine a hypothetical fantasy lalaland where everyone is available for the 2021 season. While that criteria isn’t in my post, neither is Watson’s outside circumstances, these rankings aren’t that technical. 

Although if you want to keep him that way, I’ll respect that, and I’m sure it’ll work itself out in the Tournament and Watson goes far. It would be extremely funky to see him ranked like 15 though. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I really don’t get it. How is Watson the 13th best QB in the league?

I semi nerfed for the fact that idk if he is even going to be an active QB this year, but didn't want to fully omit him from the list like others did

But even if I didn't he's still in my 6-10 range

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t agree with your stance here, I think you are getting too technical with the “might play” or “might not play”. Imagine a hypothetical fantasy lalaland where everyone is available for the 2021 season. While that criteria isn’t in my post, neither is Watson’s outside circumstances, these rankings aren’t that technical. 

I mean.. if people are going to nerf players who have a high risk of not being on the field via injury risk, then this is the same concept

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I mean.. if people are going to nerf players who have a high risk of not being on the field via injury risk, then this is the same concept

The list is about who’s the best though. The best right now. You can’t tell me those 12 QB’s are better than Deshaun Watson. I really don’t think it’s a hard concept to understand. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

The list is about who’s the best though. The best right now. You can’t tell me those 12 QB’s are better than Deshaun Watson. I really don’t think it’s a hard concept to understand. 

*shrugs*

If you're allowed to rank Courtland Sutton as a top 15 WR, then I'm allowed to say DeShaun Watson is the 13th best QB

That's how subjectivity works and if you can do it, so can I

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

*shrugs*

If you're allowed to rank Courtland Sutton as a top 15 WR, then I'm allowed to say DeShaun Watson is the 13th best QB

That's how subjectivity works and if you can do it, so can I

You just said he’s 6-10 though without the off the field stuff and you are factoring that into your equation. The off the field stuff should not be factored in here. It’s about who are the best QB’s in the NFL right now. Heading into 2021. Whether Watson plays or not does not matter, as we are ranking the best QB’s. 

If you legit thought Watson was the 32nd best QB, but were not factoring in any off-field stuff, I would not care at all.

Watson’s off-field does not automatically make him worse than 12 other QB’s. That literally makes zero sense. 

• Like 1

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Lamar
4. Brady
5. Allen

6. Russell Wilson
7. Watson
8. Ryan
9. Herbert
10. Stafford

11. Cousins
12. Dak
13. Murray
14. Tannehill
15. Burrow
16. Carr
17. Mayfield

18. Garoppolo
19. Lawrence
20. Wentz
21. Goff
22. Fitzpatrick
23. Winston

24. Daniel Jones
25. Ben
26. Tua
27. Wilson
28. Cam

29. Fields
30. Darnold
31. Lock
32. Hurts

Edited by notthatbluestuff
Numbered ranking.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You just said he’s 6-10 though without the off the field stuff and you are factoring that into your equation. The off the field stuff should not be factored in here. It’s about who are the best QB’s in the NFL right now. Heading into 2021. Whether Watson plays or not does not matter, as we are ranking the best QB’s. 

If you legit thought Watson was the 32nd best QB, but were not factoring in any off-field stuff, I would not care at all.

Watson’s off-field does not automatically make him worse than 12 other QB’s. That literally makes zero sense. 

I think there’s a fair argument that it does. Perhaps not from a talent perspective, but from a leadership perspective, I could certainly see him losing some amount of cache.

The team itself might face more questioning in this hypothetical season which could present more of a distraction. Watson himself could also become somewhat distracted/frustrated by the constant media hounding from this situation.

I mean I didn’t vote that way, but I could certainly see how some might be influenced by such thinking.

Personally I think Watson, if he does play, will be out for blood and plays at a similar level to last season... the WFT being the most likely option, considering his no trade clause he could flex... and he’d probably fit right along within that work culture they’re known for having over there....

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think there’s a fair argument that it does. Perhaps not from a talent perspective, but from a leadership perspective, I could certainly see him losing some amount of cache.

The team itself might face more questioning in this hypothetical season which could present more of a distraction. Watson himself could also become somewhat distracted/frustrated by the constant media hounding from this situation.

I mean I didn’t vote that way, but I could certainly see how some might be influenced by such thinking.

Personally I think Watson, if he does play, will be out for blood and plays at a similar level to last season... the WFT being the most likely option, considering his no trade clause he could flex... and he’d probably fit right along within that work culture they’re known for having over there....

Alright, don’t blame me when Watson doesn’t even make the Tournament and is like FF’s 18th overall Ranked Consensus QB. That would look like biggest joke ever and the whole list would be looked at as a joke. Nobody is taking a QB list serious that looks like that. 

• Like 1

results are very interesting so far. Just threw it into a ranking and st.dev and there's an extremely clear group of 5 at the top, then (if you normalize Watson), a clear group of 2, then after 7 the "pack" forms.

there are some players who are a bit wonky, but for the most part standard deviations for players are pretty reasonable, with the exceptions of the guys who some players have unranked and some have in the low 20s, but I think that's to be expected on the bottom half where an outlier can be a swing

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Alright, don’t blame me when Watson doesn’t even make the Tournament and is like FF’s 18th overall Ranked Consensus QB. That would look like biggest joke ever and the whole list would be looked at as a joke. Nobody is taking a QB list serious that looks like that. 

bro, relax

even with a zero score he's still top 7. Even if that specific ballot is discarded, then he moves from 7th to 6th. There is no adjusting that gets him into the top 5

like, its fine. the seeding won't be ruined at all and the voting will take care of anomalies.

Edited by Tk3