Official FootballsFuture 1-32 QB Rankings - Preliminary Round (Future Tournament)

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Ha, stats don't tell the whole story. Let's see what Baker does in year two of finally playing in the same scheme for two years in a row for the first time in his career.

If you'd honestly take Garoppolo over Baker, then I don't know what to tell you.

And Murray is probably the most overrated QB in the league at the moment.

Agree with all of this. Murray is the most overrated QB in the league right now by casual fans. He could make a gigantic leap in 2021, sure, but for now he is just an average QB.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Don't have to put me in the game or anything i just wanted to do a ranking of the people of how they are right now imo.  So no need to keep up with the point system for me.  I didn't even know it was a game or points added when i made the list until i went back and reread the 1st post and edited it to add this in XD

Elite QB's:

1.    Pat Mahomes
2.    Aaron Rodgers
3.    Tom Brady
4.    Russell Wilson
5 or 32.    Deshaun Watson - depends on playing time lol If 5 move everyone down 1 notch.

Near-Elite QB’s:

5.    Josh Allen
6.    Matt Ryan  
7.    Dak Prescott
8.   Lamar Jackson 

Upper Tier QB’s:

9.     Derek Car
10.    Matt Stafford
11.    Justin Herbert
12.    Kyler Murray

Above-Average QB Crew:

13.   Ryan Tannehil
14.    Baker Mayfield
15.    Joe Burrow
16.    Kirk Cousins

Average QB’s:

17.    Jimmy Garoppolo
18.    Ben Roethlisberger 
19.    Carson Wentz
20.    Jared Goff
21.    Teddy Bridgewater 
22.    Cam Newton
23.   Ryan Fitzpatrick - Can be in the top 15  above avg group when he goes Fitzmagic for a few games lol.

Below-Average QB’s: - All the rookies will be here until proven their top tier for their new team.  Imagine some will move up alot of spots next year.

24.   Sam Darnold
25.   Tua Tagovailoa
26.   Jacoby Brissett
27.    Jalen Hurts
28.    Daniel Jones
29.    Trevor Lawrence
30.    Justin Fields
32    Zach Wilson
32.    Mac Jones
33.   Trey Lance

Edited by FalconFan13
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

@FalconFan13 Jared Goff x2? 

Good catch i'll fix that thanks although it could be 2 spots depending on which goff you get the good day avg one or the bad day avg one lol :D

Edited by FalconFan13
8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Good catch i'll fix that thanks although it could be 2 spots depending on which goff you get the good day avg one or the bad day avg one lol :D

I'd thought that maybe one of them was supposed to be Jameis - you don't seem to have any Saints QBs listed. 

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I'd thought that maybe one of them was supposed to be Jameis - you don't seem to have any Saints QBs listed. 

Neither do I. Payton gonna have to pull off a miracle to make the playoffs this year. 

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You don't think Jameis is serviceable? 

I don’t see him as a Top 32 QB. That doesn’t mean he can’t be serviceable though. Even if Payton is successful with him, I think he’d be even more successful with my 32 QB’s listed. 

17 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Nah that was done on purpose as a Falcon fan i refuse to give them a QB :D 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t see him as a Top 32 QB. That doesn’t mean he can’t be serviceable though. Even if Payton is successful with him, I think he’d be even more successful with my 32 QB’s listed. 

He's a bit better than that. He could catch fire with Payton like Fitzpatrick usually does.

On 5/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, BayRaider said:

Stop relying on stats as everything. Kyler still has a lot to figure out with reading defenses, the guy looked totally lost the second half of the season. And I’m a big Murray fan. Baker is head and shoulders above him as a passer and decision maker, regardless what “stats” say, and I’m one of the bigger Baker critics. Murray has the run game element, but Baker also understands defenses way better and constantly moves the ball more effectively than Murray. That may change this year, but for now, when Murray plays a defense that has tailored their gameplan around him, he’s been stopped in his tracks. 

You constantly preach whatever gets the job done. And Baker moves the ball way more consistently than Kyler does. I have seen Kyler totally figured out by defenses and stopped drive after drive looking totally lost and confused. 

And if I understand correctly, the thread topic is about who is the best QB now. Using career stats to determine that is asinine. The very same dude had Allen ranked as #3 on his list was obviously not going by his career stats.

Very strange.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Mahomes
Rodgers
Brady

Allen
Lamar
Wilson
Watson

Tannehill
Herbert
Ryan
Baker
Prescott

Stafford
Carr
Cousins
Murray
Roethlisberger

Wentz
Goff

Lawrence
Burrow
Garropolo
Fitzpatrick

Lock
Tagovailoa
Lance
Fields
Darnold
Wilson
D. Jones
Newton
Trubisky

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

@BayRaider Looks like ballots are about done. if its helpful, here are the results (I may have missed if someone has edited, but I don't think it tangibly would change anything)

1. Mahomes (509)
  2. Rodgers (496)
  3. Wilson (456)
  4. Brady (450)
  5. Allen (449)
  6. Lamar (406)
  7. Watson (405)
  8. Prescott (378)
  9. Herbert (371)
  10. Ryan (365)
  11. Stafford (355)
  12. Tannehill (350)
  13. Murray (305)
  14. Cousins (304)
  15. Carr (294)
  16. Mayfield (290)
  17. Burrow (262)
  18. Lawrence (221)
  19. Jimmy G (206)
  20. Wentz (196)
  21. Goff (163)
  22. Roethlisberger (151)
  23. Fitzpatrick (139)
  24. Tua (113)
  25. Z Wilson (106)
  26. D Jones (106)
  27. Hurts (99)
  28. Fields (92)
  29. Winston (89)
  30. Darnold (80)
  31. Newton (67)
  32. Bridgewater (44)

Others receiving votes: Lance, Mac Jones, Drew Lock, Trubisky, Taysom Hill, Heinicke, Dalton, Brissett, Love, Mills

I drew in lines where I see pretty clear "tier breaks".. Could argue Burrow is in his own tier, but that's weird to do in the middle so I batched him with the group below.

Top 5 had extremely low standard deviation. 6-19 actually had a fairly reasonably deviation as well. Wentz, Stafford, and Lamar were the most polarizing of the group until you get into the "lower tiers" where it really was the wild west

Interesting results

Will keep it open til the 4th as said and see if anyone else wants to participate. Thanks for doing all that work. Looks like the Top 16 are set in stone, just don't know what order yet considering more lists should come. 

I'm also debating doing a Play In round of 16 vs 17.