Official FootballsFuture 1-32 QB Rankings - Preliminary Round (Future Tournament)

BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Will keep it open til the 4th as said and see if anyone else wants to participate. Thanks for doing all that work. Looks like the Top 16 are set in stone, just don't know what order yet considering more lists should come. 

I'm also debating doing a Play In round of 16 vs 17. 

oops.. didn't see a due date

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'll extend this one day to June 5th. June 5th at 11:59pm PST this will close. Get your votes in if you want to have your say in the Seedings for the Tournament. 

*No new votes for 8 days*

No one:             

Literally no one:

BayRaider: "I'll give you more time"

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

*No new votes for 8 days*

No one:             

Literally no one:

BayRaider: "I'll give you more time"

I'm in zero rush what so ever.... especially with the WR Tournament. You got nothing going on in your life or something? Chill, man. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I'm in zero rush what so ever.... especially with the WR Tournament. You got nothing going on in your life or something? Chill, man. 

you get defensive so easy

it was a funny joke

• Like 1

1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Russell Wilson
  3. Lamar Jackson
  4. Aaron Rodgers
  5. Deshaun Watson
  6. Tom Brady
  7. Josh Allen
  8. Matt Ryan
  9. Kirk Cousins
  10. Matt Stafford
  11. Ryan Tannehill
  12. Dak Prescott
  13. Baker Mayfield
  14. Joe Burrow
  15. Kyler Murray
  16. Justin Herbert
  17. Derek Carr
  18. Jimmy Garoppolo
  19. Carson Wentz
  20. Jared Goff
  21. Trevor Lawrence
  22. Ben Roethlisberger
  23. Ryan Fitzpatrick
  24. Tua Tagovaliloa
  25. Sam Darnold
  26. Jameis Winston
  27. Zach Wilson
  28. Daniel Jones
  29. Andy Dalton
  30. Cam Newton
  31. Teddy Bridgewater
  32. Jalen Hurts

On 5/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, BayRaider said:

The list is about who’s the best though. The best right now. You can’t tell me those 12 QB’s are better than Deshaun Watson. I really don’t think it’s a hard concept to understand. 

If a QB got shot in knee cap and you knew he was going to be on a roster but not play, how would you factor that "going into the 2021 season"?

On 5/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, Tk3 said:

@BayRaider Looks like ballots are about done. if its helpful, here are the results (I may have missed if someone has edited, but I don't think it tangibly would change anything)

1. Mahomes (509)
  2. Rodgers (496)
  3. Wilson (456)
  4. Brady (450)
  5. Allen (449)
  6. Lamar (406)
  7. Watson (405)
  8. Prescott (378)
  9. Herbert (371)
  10. Ryan (365)
  11. Stafford (355)
  12. Tannehill (350)
  13. Murray (305)
  14. Cousins (304)
  15. Carr (294)
  16. Mayfield (290)
  17. Burrow (262)
  18. Lawrence (221)
  19. Jimmy G (206)
  20. Wentz (196)
  21. Goff (163)
  22. Roethlisberger (151)
  23. Fitzpatrick (139)
  24. Tua (113)
  25. Z Wilson (106)
  26. D Jones (106)
  27. Hurts (99)
  28. Fields (92)
  29. Winston (89)
  30. Darnold (80)
  31. Newton (67)
  32. Bridgewater (44)

Others receiving votes: Lance, Mac Jones, Drew Lock, Trubisky, Taysom Hill, Heinicke, Dalton, Brissett, Love, Mills

I drew in lines where I see pretty clear "tier breaks".. Could argue Burrow is in his own tier, but that's weird to do in the middle so I batched him with the group below.

Top 5 had extremely low standard deviation. 6-19 actually had a fairly reasonably deviation as well. Wentz, Stafford, and Lamar were the most polarizing of the group until you get into the "lower tiers" where it really was the wild west

Interesting results

This is a pretty damn good list all things considered lol I'd put this one up against PFFs or any other analysts

Edited by Ray Reed

Patrick Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Deshaun Watson

Lamar Jackson

Russell Wilson

Josh Allen

Matt Ryan

Matt Stafford

Dak Prescott

Joe Burrow

Justin Herbert

Kirk Cousins

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Tannehill

Kyler Murray

Trevor Lawrence

Derek Carr

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

Jimmy Garoppolo

Ben Roethlisberger

Tua Tagovaliloa

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sam Darnold

Cam Newton

Zach Wilson

Andy Dalton

Jameis Winston

Daniel Jones

Teddy Bridgewater

Jalen Hurts

1. Mahomes 
  2. Rodgers 
  3. Wilson
  4. Brady 
  5. Allen 
  6. Dak
  7. lamar
  8. Herbert 
  9. Tanny
  10. stafford 
  11. Ryan
  12. Murray 
  13. Cousins
  14. Carr 
  15. Mayfield 
  16. Burrow 
  17. Lawrence
  18. Jimmy G 
  19. Tua
  20. Goff 
  21. Roethlisberger 
  22. Fitzpatrick 
  23. Winston
  24. Z Wilson
  25. D Jones 
  26. Hurts 
  27. Fields 
  28. Wentz
  29. Darnold 
  30. Newton 
  31. Bridgewater 
  32. Watson

This is my listed based off of my evaluation of guys already in the NFL and what they have shown, my projection of the rookie QBs and how well they translate immediately. So basically if you are in your second year or beyond I'm ranking you where you play has placed you now, not where I think they end up in the future. 

Elite Tier - HOF type of overall talent (doesn't factor in the need for longevity to actually make the HOF). Also goes off of current play so someone like Brees if he were still playing might not currently be in the elite tier, even though he is without a doubt a first ballot HOFer, and for many years, was near the top of my elite tier. 

1. Russell Wilson

2. Patrick Mahomes

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Tom Brady

5. Deshaun Watson

Great Tier - Guys that to this point are consistent pro bowl caliber players that haven't done enough to be considered an elite, HOF type talent yet. But this is a stop almost every elite tier player hangs around for at least a year or two showing they can maintain elite play for longer than a season before I elevate them. Also can be a spot where great veteran QBs hang out their entire career. Philip Rivers was consistently in this group. Kind of the guys that never get over the hump most would consider a hall of very good player. 

6. Lamar Jackson

7. Josh Allen

8. Matt Ryan

9. Dak Prescott 

Good tier - This is the tier where the guys are still what I consider sure fire franchise QBs, and may make the occasional pro bowl here and there, but haven't shown enough consistency for me to throw around the word great. Though a lot of young QBs will be here their first 2 or 3 seasons before ascending to one of the higher tiers. 

10. Matt Stafford

11. Ryan Tannehill 

12. Derek Carr 

13. Justin Herbert 

14. Kirk Cousins

15. Kyler Murray

16. Joe Burrow

17. Trevor Lawrence 

Above Average - This is the area of guys that can give you decent, solid, starting caliber QB play, but are either young and haven't fully proven in my evaluation that they are franchise QBs, or they are veterans that at this point of their career provide that play without much room for growth in the future. The occasional fall from grace to such a point they are thrown back down here until they can prove they can get back to those heights. 

18. Baker Mayfield 

19. Jimmy G

20. Big Ben

21. Carson Wentz

22. Jared Goff

23. Justin Fields

Below Average - These are guys that to this point have shown that their ability to play at an NFL level is not good enough to even be average game managers that can be part of a winning team. Their abilities actively hinder competitive, winning football teams to this point. 

24. Ryan Fitzpatrick 

25. Cam Newton

26. Jameis Winston

27. Daniel Jones

28. Sam Darnold

29. Tua 

30. Jalen Hurts

31. Zach Wilson

32.Teddy Bridgewater

My tiers are a little different than most. I don't consider any of the typical starters worse than below average because I am rating them on the whole. So the truly bad players are typically the guys that hang around on teams as a rare #3 QB, or hang around the practice squad and 53 man roster. If you are a starting caliber QB by the standards of the position as a whole from starter to backup across the entire NFL you aren't truly awful. 

Guys just left off my list that would be in the next few spots, Mitch Trubisky, Drew Lock, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Nick Foles. 

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Rodgers
4. R Wilson
5. Watson
6. Dak
7. Lamar
8. Brady
9. Murray
10. Tannehill 
11. Cousins
12. Carr
13. Stafford
14. Ryan
15. Herbert
16. Mayfield
17. Burrow
18. Goff
19. Lawrence
20. Roethlisberger 
21. Fitzpatrick
22. Winston
23. Hurts
24. Garoppolo
25. Bridgwater 
26. Wentz
27. Tua
28. Fields
29. Newton
30.  Z Wilson
31. Darnold
32. D Jones

This is now closed to new entries. 

@Tk3 want to do the results? If not, I’ll do it in a couple days. 

If you do decide to do it, look out for edits and adjust if needed. I edited mine less than a week ago and put Tua up a few spots. 

I think I’m also gonna add a 16 vs 17 vs 18 Triple Threat Play-In Round for fun and the winner becomes the 16th seed. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

This is now closed to new entries. 

@Tk3 want to do the results? If not, I’ll do it in a couple days. 

If you do decide to do it, look out for edits and adjust if needed. I edited mine less than a week ago and put Tua up a few spots. 

I think I’m also gonna add a 16 vs 17 vs 18 Triple Threat Play-In Round for fun and the winner becomes the 16th seed. 

I'm happy to add the last few ballots onto my list, but I'm not going to go back and verify all the entries for edits.. not sure how much that matters to you, but I won't be offended if you want to ignore my lists and do it yourself if you want to be sure it's all current and accurate