• 76ers in 4
    • 76ers in 5
    • 76ers in 6
    • 76ers in 7
    • Wizards in 4
    • Wizards in 5
    • Wizards in 6
    • Wizards in 7

I know I sound like a broken record but the 2 PG line up that Brooks is using is just frustrating me so much. I don’t get why he started a 3 guard line up vs the Sixers. The Wizards aren’t going to win this series, but if Brooks doesn’t make an adjustment and start Gill or Mathews over Neto and have them check Tobias Harris we don’t have a prayer in this series if that adjustment isn’t made, we’ll get swept.

At one point late in the first half Harris had 26 points and the Sixers had 52 as a team bc Harris was abusing Rui. Rui can’t guard him, Rui has made strides but he’s not good enough on D to do it, Brooks has to see that and go to Gil or Mathews even if they’re losing some offense by having Neto come off the bench. We need more size at SF.

Simmons & Embid didn’t even play as well as they could and we still lost. Of course on the flip side Westbrook was pressing in the first half and started off slow. I do expect Russ to rebound and play better next game.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

stop it

It’s true, Simmons & Howard pushed Gafford under the basket on the block after a missed free throw and Gafford got called for back to back fouls, those were awful calls. It clearly should’ve been going the other way & Gafford shouldn’t have had any fouls at that point.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
gotta love how the great game of basketball is covered

Charles is just there for entertainment, not his great analysis. If you want analysis listen to Kenny & Shaq although I hate how Shaq mumbles all the time, he’s a good speaker & smart but when he mumbles you can’t understand him and you have no clue what he’s talking about.

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Wiz just don't have any forwards 

Guarding Tobias and Ben with dudes 6'3" and under 

They do, Brooks just won’t play them over his beloved mini mouse point guards Ish Smith & Neto.

Anthony Gill, Hutchinson or Mathews should be starting at SF. They go 6’8, 6’7 & 6’5 but Brooks loves his small PGs so he’s starting Neto over them, which makes Beal or Westbrook have to try to guard Harris or Simmons.

I called this before the game started, I knew Brooks wouldn’t make the adjustment and start one of those 3 over Neto and he didn’t which meant we got abused. Also, Rui can’t check Harris, Brooks needs to start Gill, Hutchinson or Mathews and tell them their only assignment is to stick to Harris like glue. They don’t do much on offense, but who cares, they’d be the 5th option on offense, so is Neto, he only had 7 pts and got abused on defense.

🤦‍♂️ wtf

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Words can’t describe how bad Westbrook has been this whole game. 

He definitely has had games like this all season. The good things for the Wizards is he usually bounces back after a horrible performance the next with one of his best games of the season.

Wouldn’t shock me at all if Russ has 30 pts, 15 assists and 15 rebounds in game 2.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wizards with one of the worst three or four minute stretches you will see all season offensively. My goodness, the game is right there for the taking and they turn it over like five or six times. 

Such is the life of a Wizards fan, this isn’t a new thing, and it’s not just his season either when Wall was here at times they’d do the same thing in big games.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Matisse Thybulle with 4 Steals and 5 Blocks in 20 minutes. Low key I feel like he's one of the best defensive players in the NBA. Hopefully his offensive game continues to trend upward.

Low key? He's by far the best per minute defensive player in the NBA and everyone knows it.

• Like 1

The Sixers are too big and too athletic for the Wizards. This might end up being a sweep. I thought we might get one game and maybe we will get the next one at home or game 4 at home but last night was not pretty. Scott Brooks is just an awful HC, he refuses to play his younger athletic forwards or Garrison Matthew’s bc he loves his mini mouse PGs which makes Beal have to guard Simmons which is a huge mismatch. It just makes no sense. Gill should be starting playing 20 minutes and checking Harris or Simmons & Rui take the other one. When Simmons or Harris come out you put Bertans in IMO.