Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I just think you're really overvaluing the QB position. 

First Id say a great defense is far more important than offense. Probably 55/45. History backs that up.

OL would be about 40% of your offense. Without a good OL you're offense won't be good enough ever, regardless of QB. The game is still won or lost in the trenches. Split the remaining 60% value between skill players and QB at 30/30.

There are the very rare outliers at QB, the selfless guys like Brady, true leaders that raise the level of the entire teams play. Rodgers isn't Brady.

All the more reason to get Rodgers.  Denver has a good OL, terrific weapons at RB, WR, TE, and a defense that on paper could be top 5-8 in the league.  

Rodgers gives Denver a chance at winning the SB.  Lock/Bridgewater under center guarantees Denver won’t be competing for a SB. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I agree. I think Watson is too toxic and that ship has sailed. I do think trading for Aaron is a real possibility, I haven't wavered on that since draft day. 

I'll be perfectly frank, absent landing Rodgers, I think Vic/Shurmur will go with Teddy at QB, which means a wasted season. If Teddy is announced as the starter before week 1, I'll immediately set my sights on 2022 with a new owner, a new head coach and, hopefully, a rookie QB. 

100% agree. And if they split the reps until week 1, they don't deserve their jobs until the end of the season when things go belly up.

 

Never split reps throughout training camp. It's beyond stupid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I'd really like some feedback here. I didn't see more than about 20 plays of the preseason but the impression I came away with is that we're very stout on both sides of the interior LOS.

I really saw no A gap pressure, it seemed like there was a pocket to step into. On the defensive side we seemed to generate a lot of pressure up the middle.

So, is this an accurate impression or the result of seeing too few plays?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I'd really like some feedback here. I didn't see more than about 20 plays of the preseason but the impression I came away with is that we're very stout on both sides of the interior LOS.

I really saw no A gap pressure, it seemed like there was a pocket to step into. On the defensive side we seemed to generate a lot of pressure up the middle.

So, is this an accurate impression or the result of seeing too few plays?

Eh, really difficult to judge. We'd often play the majority of our starters for all of/most of the first half while the Vikings/Seahawks/Rams all played basically their 2nd team sparsely and primarily practice squad guys. 

I keyed on Muti for the most part. He still gets beat with speed/quickness inside and just has a lot to cleanup technique wise. The QBs generally got the ball out quickly also so tough to judge. Decent pressure from the inside but I don't think that side of the ball is particularly deep. Losing one of Harris or Jones would set us back a bit imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rcpbawler said:

Eh, really difficult to judge. We'd often play the majority of our starters for all of/most of the first half while the Vikings/Seahawks/Rams all played basically their 2nd team sparsely and primarily practice squad guys. 

I keyed on Muti for the most part. He still gets beat with speed/quickness inside and just has a lot to cleanup technique wise. The QBs generally got the ball out quickly also so tough to judge. Decent pressure from the inside but I don't think that side of the ball is particularly deep. Losing one of Harris or Jones would set us back a bit imo. 

Thanks. I saw so few plays, couldn't tell who was in, couldn't read the numbers, etc. It was just a general impression. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...