Hot take: TB deserves the most credit for Tampa's 2020 title

notthatbluestuff

21 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Lol. "Belichick sucks - he had a losing record in Cleveland." 

He turned that team into an 11-5 playoff winner in year 4 (only win over about 29 years?)

• They moved the team on him and everything imploded. (denying this is incredibly lame)

The Jets were 4-32 in 2 years under Kotite.

• BB helped them get to the AFCCG 2 years later.
  • 29/27 on D in 1996 to 2/7 on D in 1998
    • Mo Lewis and a bunch of JAGs were a top 5 D.
  • Parcells' career can be divided almost equally in half between outstanding (BB running his D) and nothing special (no BB running the D)

BB destroyed Joe Montana with scheme and players 3x in 6 years.  (Brady was in grade school)

• The Giants lost to Montana in the playoffs right before BB took over the D

You have every right to stick to your pathetic and ignorant Browns argument and I have every right to point it out as the lame joke that it is.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

He turned that team into an 11-5 playoff winner in year 4 (only win over about 29 years?)

• They moved the team on him and everything imploded. (denying this is incredibly lame)

The Jets were 4-32 in 2 years under Kotite.

• BB helped them get to the AFCCG 2 years later.
  • 29/27 on D in 1996 to 2/7 on D in 1998
    • Mo Lewis and a bunch of JAGs were a top 5 D.
  • Parcells' career can be divided almost equally in half between outstanding (BB running his D) and nothing special (no BB running the D)

BB destroyed Joe Montana with scheme and players 3x in 6 years.  (Brady was in grade school)

• The Giants lost to Montana in the playoffs right before BB took over the D

You have every right to stick to your pathetic and ignorant Browns argument and I have every right to point it out as the lame joke that it is.

You don't understand that I was being sarcastic? 

• Like 1

Overall it’s a super talented roster. So I’d give equal credit to Licht and Brady. He hasn’t just hit on the high picks and big contract players like you’re supposed to. But Godwin later on the draft. And what a find Barrett was. An UDFA who played out of position on his last team and turns out to be one of the best pass rushers in the game.

But defenses are as good as their talent. It’s a loaded unit, especially in the front seven. I don’t believe in miracle worker coordinators.

Bowles is a good DC but the TB defense was very up and down in 2020. Remember when Hill torched them for like 200 yards in a quarter and the Saints beat them also up pretty good. In the playoffs they made a nice play on Jared Cook, turned that game around but also got torched by Heinicke, got lucky that Rodgers missed some wide open receivers and his top tackle was out. The SB was a great gameplan and would have worked even if KC was healthy on the OL but overall I don't think Bowles should be credited the most. He is working with a talented unit that is good but a bit overrated imo. That secondary isn't consistent and can be exposed when the pass rush doesn't get home. Bowles corrected his gameplan in the SB but overall he wasn't all that brilliant.

The biggest reason was the offense scoring 30 points or more in 4 straight playoff games while limiting turnovers. 

7 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Is it really, though? I mean you're actually confused by that? 

Doesn't this say more about you?

You're right. It's not confusing. I read it wrong.

Still disagree with you on Bowles being close to the factor that Brady was. 

• Like 1

Yeah. It was definitely the middling D coordinator who was a terrible head coach, rather than the guy who goes to the Super Bowl basically every other year he's been playing in this league, wins a majority of them, and came to the Bucs and in his first year single handedly changed the entire mindset and culture of the worst professional sports team in the entire country.

But yeah no it was probably that first guy.

I will never understand why some fans go to such great lengths to discredit Tom Brady? At first it was all Belichick and then he leaves and immediately wins another Super Bowl while New England has one of their worst seasons in years. I like Bowles, former Redskin but come on. They got the GOAT and won the Super Bowl. 

On 5/21/2021 at 12:01 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Bruce Arians had more to do with it than anybody else. 

He shipped out Jameis Winston and brought Tom Brady to town.

A lot of those players on defense were already at Tampa before Bowles even got there.  

And before Bowles got there TB’s defense was the DFS play for any offensive skill player going up against them. Scheme matters.