Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's Carson Strong, Desmond Ridder and then everyone else tbqh. Willis is whatever. He's going to need a very niche system to thrive.

Carson Strong is gonna be a bust if he gets drafted high.  I hope a team doesn't take him on Day 1.

39 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

At certain times the guy looks too much like Paxton Lynch. As a Broncos fan I can’t look at the guy without being triggered. 

Lynch couldn't read a defense to save his life and played with some nice talent at Memphis. Strong is playing with a bunch of scrubs (@NYRaider) and is still impressing on tape. I get that we all look for different things, and that's the beauty of scouching (which is what we do lol), but the only similarities between Lynch and Strong are that they are tall white dudes that played for mid-majors. Other than that, they are nothing alike.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Lynch couldn't read a defense to save his life and played with some nice talent at Memphis. Strong is playing with a bunch of scrubs (@NYRaider) and is still impressing on tape. I get that we all look for different things, and that's the beauty of scouching (which is what we do lol), but the only similarities between Lynch and Strong are that they are tall white dudes that played for mid-majors. Other than that, they are nothing alike.

I was referring to his mustache 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

IMHO, Corral and Willis will fall on boards due to their height.

I don't see that being as much as an issue any more. 

I think it will especially not hinder Willis. His skillset is a little more unique than a traditional drop back passer to say the least. His NFL offense won't "traditional" (whatever that means) regardless. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Carson Strong is gonna be a bust if he gets drafted high.  I hope a team doesn't take him on Day 1.

I haven't watched any of him yet this year as I tend to start getting heavy into the draft toward bowl season, but I didn't quite get the appeal last year when people started hyping him up and I took a gander. It looked fine, but nothing that made me jump out of my chair or anything. I'll be curious to see what this year looks like when I get the chance. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I haven't watched any of him yet this year as I tend to start getting heavy into the draft toward bowl season, but I didn't quite get the appeal last year when people started hyping him up and I took a gander. It looked fine, but nothing that made me jump out of my chair or anything. I'll be curious to see what this year looks like when I get the chance. 

Serious? Strong throws an amazing deep ball, his ball is extremely catchable, he can make every single throw in the book, he manipulates the pocket well, his feet are always in the right spot and he can go through his progressions clean. I don't know what's not to like about him? If he played at Oklahoma or Alabama, people would be drooling over the kid.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Absolutely do. He has everything you look for in a QB. Size, arm strength, pocket presence, accuracy both deep and intermediate. If he played anywhere else, he's skating his way to #1 overall.

I'm not sure I see him anywhere near the way you do.  He's got the size, but there's absolutely zero mobility there.  Like, I think he's going to struggle to extend plays unless his OL is doing him favors.  The guy is a borderline statue back there.  Don't really see great accuracy.  It's solid, but nothing to write home about IMO.  Really felt like his arm strength was really underwhelming.  For as big as he is, he doesn't have a ton of velocity on his throws.