Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

FWIW, I'm not saying Strong is a flawless prospect, cuz there's definitely stuff you wanna clean up, but he's definitely a legitimate NFL caliber QB prospect. He can rip it when he needs to, he displays excellent touch and placement on his deep balls, he throws an incredible fade and his back shoulder throws are typically right on the mark. He makes all the throws you wanna see him make. In this class? Yeah, he's the best QB prospect out there right now.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Serious? Strong throws an amazing deep ball, his ball is extremely catchable, he can make every single throw in the book, he manipulates the pocket well, his feet are always in the right spot and he can go through his progressions clean. I don't know what's not to like about him? If he played at Oklahoma or Alabama, people would be drooling over the kid.

Do you truly believe that him playing at Nevada is the reason why people aren't convinced he's QB1?

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Really felt like his arm strength was really underwhelming.  For as big as he is, he doesn't have a ton of velocity on his throws.

lolwut

He rips it inside the hashes with ease. It's way more promising to me seeing him display situational touch than it is for him to just rip it all damn day. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's got the size, but there's absolutely zero mobility there.  Like, I think he's going to struggle to extend plays unless his OL is doing him favors.

Who cares? He manipulates the pocket well. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't really see great accuracy.  It's solid, but nothing to write home about IMO.

His deep ball placement is legit as hell. He's inconsistent underneath depending on who he's throwing to. I've never said he was a perfect prospect but, in this class, he's the best of the bunch.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you truly believe that him playing at Nevada is the reason why people aren't convinced he's QB1?

It hinders him the same way it hindered Josh Allen's perception and Jordan Love's. So, yes, it plays a factor. You're lying to yourself if you think it doesn't.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Serious? Strong throws an amazing deep ball, his ball is extremely catchable, he can make every single throw in the book, he manipulates the pocket well, his feet are always in the right spot and he can go through his progressions clean. I don't know what's not to like about him? If he played at Oklahoma or Alabama, people would be drooling over the kid.

Yeah, it was fine. I just watched the games on YouTube last year. I didn't come away awestruck or anything.  Little point and click, not really any sort of athlete. It was fine. I just wasn't blown away or anything. I'll do rewatches later this year for 2021 games

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it was fine. I just watched the games on YouTube last year. I didn't come away awestruck or anything.  Little point and click, not really any sort of athlete. It was fine. I just wasn't blown away or anything. I'll do rewatches later this year for 2021 games

Oh, yeah, he's not going to blow you away. He's not Luck or Stafford on tape. In this class, there's things I'm looking for and he does them the best. It's a terrible year to need a QB so I'm talking about him in comparison to his peers. I think he can be a legitimate mid-tier starter in the NFL. I see no reason he can't be Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr. There's value in that in this class.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I did see a highlight of a TD throw against Cal this year that was nice. Did a good job using his eyes and head to pull away a deep safety to what looked like a seam route before hitting what may have been a deep post or skinny route (hard to tell just from the highlights) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It hinders him the same way it hindered Josh Allen's perception and Jordan Love's. So, yes, it plays a factor. You're lying to yourself if you think it doesn't.

People were sour because Josh Allen was an inaccurate QB with poor decision making in college.  And Jordan Love was devalued because he force the issues way too much.  It had nothing to do with the fact that they played at Wyoming and Utah State.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lolwut

He rips it inside the hashes with ease. It's way more promising to me seeing him display situational touch than it is for him to just rip it all damn day. 

Based on his body type, I anticipated better arm strength.  It's not going to be an issue by any means, but he's not that QB that you're really concerned about beating you deep.

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Who cares? He manipulates the pocket well. 

Not really.  And if he gets drafted high, he's going to play behind some pretty bad OL.

Just now, CWood21 said:

People were sour because Josh Allen was an inaccurate QB with poor decision making in college.  And Jordan Love was devalued because he force the issues way too much.  It had nothing to do with the fact that they played at Wyoming and Utah State.

Playing at Wyoming and Utah State absolutely hindered their perceptions. That's really all there is to it. Mac Jones doesn't go 15th if he doesn't play at Alabama. If he was at Nevada, like Strong, he's a day 2 pick, at best. Not sure how this is even arguable.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh, yeah, he's not going to blow you away. He's not Luck or Stafford on tape. In this class, there's things I'm looking for and he does them the best. It's a terrible year to need a QB so I'm talking about him in comparison to his peers. I think he can be a legitimate mid-tier starter in the NFL. I see no reason he can't be Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr. There's value in that in this class.

And that's probably his best case upside.  But is that were you realistically think he's going to end up?  And if he's that level, do you think that's someone you're content with?  Or is it someone you're passively looking to move on from.

Just now, CWood21 said:

And that's probably his best case upside.  But is that were you realistically think he's going to end up?  And if he's that level, do you think that's someone you're content with?  Or is it someone you're passively looking to move on from.

Carr and Cousins are $100 Million QBs. Obviously, the perception of those two in the league is better than it is to viewers.