Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, jebrick said:

It would have to be someone trading up as the current top 10 drafting teams do not need a QB or would be crazy to draft one ( as they are still early in the rookie year of their current one.  The only exception is Houston just becasue we do not know what is happening with Watson.

I would guess that the only one worth trading up for might be Strong or Howell.  If Houston does not take a QB then a team would want to trade in front of Carolina at 10 ( based on the current draft order).  Then Qbs might go quickly with Carolina, Atlanta and New Orleans.

Yeah, not really even speaking teams more so just talking about prospects being worth it that high/in that stratosphere.

I really do not like Howell much tbh.

I started looking at mocks and was surprised to see so many had 3-4 QB's going round 1. On top of that I saw Strong, Pickett, Corral, and Willis all be the #1 QB off the board in different mocks that was created this month.

When I've done mocks, I've had a lot of QBs go Round 1 which is interesting. 

Right now, I have Matt Corral going in the top 10 (highest possibility of #2 if the Texans pick there and decide to lock up QB early). Beyond that, I have usually Kenny Pickett & Sam Howell going around 11-25. Carson Strong sometimes in there to Denver as he seems like someone Elway would like. I haven't really had Ridder or Willis going in Round 1 recently when I've done mocks. 

Teams are going to be disappointed if they end up taking Matt Corral in the top 10. Nothing even says 1st round pick in his game. 
And Howell and Willis aren't even close to being 1st rounders for me. They'd be intriguing in the 2nd or 3rd. 
I'd have Strong and Ridder as my #1 and #2 but man this is such a bad class!
We'll obviously see plenty of QBs get pushed up draft boards and probably we'll end up with 3+ drafted in the 1st round but it's just because of the position value, not the actual talent from the players. 
It is a weird draft class in general I feel. 

On 12/3/2021 at 6:25 AM, .Buzz said:

Who do we think even has a legit shot at being taken top 5 right now?

I know come draft time there can be some surprises/desperate teams, but…

I don't think that there's a QB that goes in the top 5. Not sure about top 10.  I don't think that it's structured the same as 2013 or 1997 because I could see a number of QBs (4-5 maybe) go between 10 - 45, but it definitely lacks the upper echelon guys like those drafts. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 10:35 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

When I've done mocks, I've had a lot of QBs go Round 1 which is interesting. 

Right now, I have Matt Corral going in the top 10 (highest possibility of #2 if the Texans pick there and decide to lock up QB early). Beyond that, I have usually Kenny Pickett & Sam Howell going around 11-25. Carson Strong sometimes in there to Denver as he seems like someone Elway would like. I haven't really had Ridder or Willis going in Round 1 recently when I've done mocks. 

I wouldn't touch Pickett probably on the first two days, and I'm a guy who likes his style...I just don't know that he's super great. This is what I said about him last year when I was ripping through mid and late round guys 

On 1/3/2021 at 10:34 PM, Forge said:

I wish kenny Pickett were better and more talented

I still kind of hold to this. I just don't see enough actual talent there. Guys who make this level of a jump as a fifth year senior just make me nervous as hell. I'm okay with missing the very rare outlier for situation like that if I'm going to miss the grenades. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 8:25 AM, .Buzz said:

Who do we think even has a legit shot at being taken top 5 right now?

I know come draft time there can be some surprises/desperate teams, but…

It only takes one.  I really do believe that when we see the first QB go off the board, there will be a trickle down effect.  Inside the top 5, the only teams that would take a QB are Detroit and Houston.  And I think given the mess that Houston is, they're probably waiting until next year to take a QB.  Right now, those 6-10 picks are NY Giants (twice), Philadelphia (twice), and Carolina.  Odds are someone takes a QB in that range IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Teams are going to be disappointed if they end up taking Matt Corral in the top 10. Nothing even says 1st round pick in his game.

Idk about that. He's  got a lightning release with accuracy to all levels. Dramatically improved his mistakes this season with better decision making... Is a threat as a runner with solid toughness. Doesn't mean he'll be a NFL success but he for sure has the talent of a 1st round QB.

5 hours ago, MagicMT said:

I'd have Strong and Ridder as my #1 and #2 but man this is such a bad class!

Ridder has every tool you want and the production but looks as if he's practicing his mechanics on every throw. He's painfully mechanical, deliberate and shrinks under pressure. I mentioned Josh Dobbs as a comp before but he also reminds of a skinnier E.J. Manuel.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:59 AM, .Buzz said:

I really do not like Howell much tbh.

I don't want to like Howell but his arm talent, mobility and grit are intriguing.

After this weekend is all wrapped up, this is how I view the quarterbacks right now:

1- Carson Strong

2a- Desmond Ridder

2b- Kenny Pickett

2c- Matt Corrall

3- Malik Willis

4- Sam Howell

…. yeesh. Tough year to need a quarterback. Carson Strong has an NFL arm, good size, and good ball placement. He’ll need the right group around him to transition from Nevada to the NFL, but I think where he’s at now with his tools, he has the potential to make a Baker Mayfield-like surge up draft boards.

None of the other guys have really set themselves apart for me. Ridder is intriguing, and could potentially be THE guy out of this class. Cincinnati has been a good program under the tutelage of Luke Fickell and in the hands of Desmond Ridder. But I just feel like there’s too many unknowns? His play leaves me wanting more, I should say. When he gets to the combine and runs some drills, I think the hype will put him in a good spot to show off his gifts.

As for Matt Corrall, I’m just not sure he’s anything besides  a Daniel Jones with more hope. I don’t really see it with him, but he has played really good ball this fall.

I enjoy watching Pickett, but was this year a fluke? He was a mid-late round guy last year and he has played phenomenally this year.

13 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

As for Matt Corrall, I’m just not sure he’s anything besides  a Daniel Jones with more hope. I don’t really see it with him, but he has played really good ball this fall.

Corral is like Johnny Manzel with a better life coach.