Some Jaguars Internal Draft/Prospect Grades Leaked

Turnobili

Jags top 2 seem to be Trevor Lawrence & Jaylen Waddle

The Colts had 2 blue cards visible in one of their draft videos, which is basically their elite player. Those were at pick 3 & 10, so Trey Lance & Devonta Smith

Apparently the Falcons had 2 elite players in this draft...Trevor Lawrence & Kyle Pitts

Always interesting to see how the different teams rank players. 

• Like 1

Couple things..

1. I know Waddle ended up going higher than originally expected - but if you truly view Waddle on the same level you view Lawrence, then they should have traded up to get him in a . They had the firepower to do so, and if you truly think he is THAT good, then you pair Lawrence/Waddle for a decade+

2. How in the world are they still using a wall with stickers and tiny text? There are so many technology builds that would be so much better

36 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Couple things..

1. I know Waddle ended up going higher than originally expected - but if you truly view Waddle on the same level you view Lawrence, then they should have traded up to get him in a . They had the firepower to do so, and if you truly think he is THAT good, then you pair Lawrence/Waddle for a decade+

2. How in the world are they still using a wall with stickers and tiny text? There are so many technology builds that would be so much better

We know they loved Toney, if he is a 7.5 on their system it would make sense to move up to 20ish to get him rather than move up to 5 or 6 to get Waddle. 

And who knows, maybe they did have a deal or deals in place to go get him at 12 if he dropped there

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

We know they loved Toney, if he is a 7.5 on their system it would make sense to move up to 20ish to get him rather than move up to 5 or 6 to get Waddle. 

And who knows, maybe they did have a deal or deals in place to go get him at 12 if he dropped there

you're probably right.. But if that's the case they needed to be more aggressive on Toney. If you love a guy that much, you make sure you get him. That's the entire purpose of having "extra" draft capital

I'm just enamored with getting elite QB/WR combo out of the draft at the same time (or similar time) and riding that duo for a generation and let them grow together

It's why I said the Bengals needed to draft Chase over Sewell, when otherwise Sewell was the "smarter" pick for them. Burrow/Chase can be one of those duos that retires together with decade+ careers and go to Canton together

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 10:29 AM, Tk3 said:

Some people dig that analog.  I just finished student teaching and my cooperating/mentor teacher likes attendance books and sticky notes and legal pads.  She can use most of the Google apps, she just prefers it this way.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2021 at 9:29 AM, Tk3 said:

The thing everyone is missing with these cards is in the lower left. They red marked Waddle’s medical. I’ve read concerns that he had ORIF surgery and that there might be questions that he will lose some of his agility even when he’s fully healed, if that’s a concern, you can’t spend all those assets to go up to get a guy.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:11 AM, EvilenFroggen said:

Some people dig that analog.  I just finished student teaching and my cooperating/mentor teacher likes attendance books and sticky notes and legal pads.  She can use most of the Google apps, she just prefers it this way.

Very true. It's funny (I'm a teacher and coach) because I use Google Classroom, sheets, forms, etc. every day with my students, but I still use a lot of manipulatives and other things as a coach. Hard copies with sheet formations, a hand chart, and small white board up in the box with our IPAD. I'll use the manipulatives while someone else plugs the data into the IPAD throughout the week and on game nights to see the trends and such.

I also keep a hard copy attendance book along with the electronic one so that I can see the trends and seating chart with comments on it.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:19 AM, Tk3 said:

you're probably right.. But if that's the case they needed to be more aggressive on Toney. If you love a guy that much, you make sure you get him. That's the entire purpose of having "extra" draft capital

I don't think Toney was widely perceived to be a first round pick, so maybe they were expecting him to be available at their pick.  Regardless, they misread the room.

18 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I don't think Toney was widely perceived to be a first round pick, so maybe they were expecting him to be available at their pick.  Regardless, they misread the room.

Nah, there was plenty of talk of him going in the first to be fair. I don't remember seeing #20 often, but somewhere between 25-32, yes. Your bolded is a fair assumption. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Nah, there was plenty of talk of him going in the first to be fair. I don't remember seeing #20 often, but somewhere between 25-32, yes. Your bolded is a fair assumption. 

Urban Meyer said after day one that there was a player that went right before them that they were heart broken to see go right before them. Then after day three, he admitted it was Toney.

It sounds like they had Toney just a little above ETN for value in that slash role, maybe not even enough to justify a trade up. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Urban Meyer said after day one that there was a player that went right before them that they were heart broken to see go right before them. Then after day three, he admitted it was Toney.

It sounds like they had Toney just a little above ETN for value in that slash role, maybe not even enough to justify a trade up. 

Yeah. Plenty of beat writers said they kept hearing Toney should go in the first. I wasn't too surprised when he went #20. And I know a lot of mockers had Toney going to the Jags (or another WR/TE).