Some Jaguars Internal Draft/Prospect Grades Leaked

Turnobili

I honestly think that the other stuff on these cards are more interesting than the grades.

They red marked Waddle and Paye for injury concerns. They black marked Farley and Cisco; and reportedly had Cisco as their highest graded player at 45 but passed on him there to take 20 picks later. They gave Walker Little, after two years out recovering from an ACL injury, the lowest injury risk they can give someone who had a previous injury. Their “current recovery” marking with the color used behind a player’s name has a bunch of players recovering from minor injuries that we didn’t hear anything about. 

Along with the 7.0 grade, they also yellow marked Zach Wilson’s height, and marked him as a higher injury risk than they put on Walker Little. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Very true. It's funny (I'm a teacher and coach) because I use Google Classroom, sheets, forms, etc. every day with my students, but I still use a lot of manipulatives and other things as a coach. Hard copies with sheet formations, a hand chart, and small white board up in the box with our IPAD. I'll use the manipulatives while someone else plugs the data into the IPAD throughout the week and on game nights to see the trends and such.

I also keep a hard copy attendance book along with the electronic one so that I can see the trends and seating chart with comments on it.

I definitely see the advantages for it with coaching.  I've also seen thus far that plenty of kids do value having something they can hold in their hands, even if they wouldn't be able to explain it if you asked them.  When I taught Of Mice and Men, I had an excellent PDF on Classroom (I say this because, as I'm sure you know, not all PDFs are created equal), but most students wanted an actual copy, which I appreciated.

As for me, I'm going to need all this stuff, because my teaching style is somewhat conversational and exploratory.  I've got extensive plans that I'm willing to scrap on the fly if the discussion goes in a direction I didn't expect.  Those are the best days.  Therefore I'll need to be able to make notes and write things when I can't necessarily get to my computer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I definitely see the advantages for it with coaching.  I've also seen thus far that plenty of kids do value having something they can hold in their hands, even if they wouldn't be able to explain it if you asked them.  When I taught Of Mice and Men, I had an excellent PDF on Classroom (I say this because, as I'm sure you know, not all PDFs are created equal), but most students wanted an actual copy, which I appreciated.

As for me, I'm going to need all this stuff, because my teaching style is somewhat conversational and exploratory.  I've got extensive plans that I'm willing to scrap on the fly if the discussion goes in a direction I didn't expect.  Those are the best days.  Therefore I'll need to be able to make notes and write things when I can't necessarily get to my computer.

You'll absolutely figure it out as you go. I'm a LOT better teacher than I was 10-12 years ago when I started, and even give yourself some time in those first 5 years to perfect your craft and don't get discouraged! :) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pwny said:

I honestly think that the other stuff on these cards are more interesting than the grades.

They red marked Waddle and Paye for injury concerns. They black marked Farley and Cisco; and reportedly had Cisco as their highest graded player at 45 but passed on him there to take 20 picks later. They gave Walker Little, after two years out recovering from an ACL injury, the lowest injury risk they can give someone who had a previous injury. Their “current recovery” marking with the color used behind a player’s name has a bunch of players recovering from minor injuries that we didn’t hear anything about. 

Along with the 7.0 grade, they also yellow marked Zach Wilson’s height, and marked him as a higher injury risk than they put on Walker Little. 

Makes sense, he certainly had the most punchable face in the draft class.